VIDEOS: Watch 2 Sneak Peeks from “Life Matters”

You guys. Get ready to tear up. HBO released two sneak peeks from this week’s episode of True Blood, “Life Matters”, and one of them is a flashback to the time Sam met Terry and I’m already crying in anticipation of what brought that memory to the surface.

The second clip also gives us some familiar faces as Sookie encounters Maxine Fortenberry and Jane Bodehouse at Terry’s funeral, and they meet Alcide. Bonus: Hoyt!

“Life Matters” airs Sunday, August 11 at 9/8c on HBO.

1. Rebecca

August 9, 2013 at 3:43 pm

Oh man, Jane Bodehouse & Maxine Fortenberry…still on the prowl! You go girls!
    At least we got some news on Hoyt…and his ugly-as-sin girlfriend.
    Has Alcide just given Sookie the reason she needs to stay human???
    Shoot, I’d stay human for a chance with Alcide (now that he’s a lone wolf again, that is).
    Can’t wait for Sunday!!!

2. aurae

August 9, 2013 at 9:04 pm

At least Alcide is in the same storyline!
    I like some Bodenhouse and Fortenberry,(always funny)

3. luvprue1

August 9, 2013 at 10:22 pm

WTF? Sookie still doesn’t know about Jason?! I mean, Bill told her that Jason,Tara and Jessica is at Vamp Camp. So I still don’t know why she is acting like she doesn’t know. Why haven’t Sookie tried to call Tara?

• Cynt

August 9, 2013 at 11:34 pm

I don’t recall Bill mentioning Jason. He mentioned the other vampires who were going to meet the sun but not Jason. I’m sure Sookie would have reacted differently if she knew Jason was in the Vamp Concentration Camp.

August 10, 2013 at 12:27 am

Bill didn’t say anything about Jason; he only saw the vampires in his vision. I don’t think Bill knows Jason is there.

Why would she try to call Tara if she’s in Vamp Camp?

4. Harley

August 10, 2013 at 1:36 am

Awww, Alcide and Sookie. I still think they should end up together!

• ChristieAtlanta

August 10, 2013 at 1:53 pm

Me too Harley!!! Sookie was searching for a reason/someone who wants to be with her so not to turn into a vampire, well… there he is!

5. Doggy2Prince

August 10, 2013 at 2:59 am

Why is Alcide at Terry’s funeral? He doesn’t know the Terry. Their just putting him anywhere. Too bad, they didn’t put him in a meaningful storyline

• danielik

August 10, 2013 at 5:58 am

Alcide is a nice guy now… And what about three Nicole´s death friends Alcide? He is like nothing happen, he is on the funeral for unknown man for him with his good friend Sam and his girlfriend. It´s awkward, but he got some good points from Sookie.

August 10, 2013 at 9:32 am

C’mon, that was a few seconds of Sookie interacting with Alcide. We don’t know what trials of the soul he’s undergone – or will undergo – as a result of his actions based on a brief appearance in a short clip.

• Doggy2Prince

August 10, 2013 at 3:15 pm

Wow. You just went back to loving him the moment he went back to being the same old guy, didn’t cha.

August 10, 2013 at 4:35 pm

Me? No, I’m just saying that 20 seconds of video isn’t enough to determine whether Alcide has redeemed himself or not. This jumping to conclusions and attributing character motivations based on a few seconds of out of context video gets on my nerves. (FWIW, I’ve never been much of an Alcide fan, but I keep hoping he’ll surprise me.)

August 11, 2013 at 3:03 pm

Well I know I did, and I wouldn’t use the word ‘love’. But I definitely like Alcide much better when he’s not being a jerk, don’t you?

• Jesse

August 10, 2013 at 9:12 pm

Alcide didn’t want Nicole’s friends killed. He said they were to have their cameras taken and sent packing. First Rikki, then several of the other pack members went at them despite their packmaster not allowing it. Alcide was the wolf that drove the other wolf away from Nicole after she had been bitten.
        In truth I am not even sure why Alcide gave a hoot about that pack given he only joined due to Debbie. I had only thought Rikki and Emma were the only ones worth saving and I was way wrong about Rikki.

August 10, 2013 at 10:45 pm

Good points, Jesse. I do think we’ll see more remorse from Alcide about the deaths of Nicole’s friends, and the way the Packmaster thing went in general, but none of that was at his command.

August 10, 2013 at 9:31 am

Maybe Sam invited him?

6. aurae

August 11, 2013 at 6:17 pm

I think the writers tried to gather all the characters disperse by the lousy storylines and prepare for the next season ,whatever the excuse. I think today’s episode vamp camp is over.(thank God!). I don’t remeber where I’ve read there’s also a a time jump in the episode.

August 11, 2013 at 6:21 pm

The time jump is in the next episode, the season finale.

7. debi

August 11, 2013 at 7:59 pm

If season 7 is centered on Bon Temps, Alcide will need a reason to be there…if he makes it through the finale this season. I don’t blame him for the pack stuff…they were fubar before he got there and out of his league. He knew Sam came home for funeral…they seemed to have bonded. If Eric is out of Sookie’s life, I think Alcide may be set up for the love triangle.