SPOILERS: Casting Eric’s New Love for Season 7 {UPDATED}

Word on the vine is that casting has begun for a new love interest for Eric in season 7. Nothing specific at this time other than her name may be Sylvie. So that’s good and bad news, depending on how you look at it. Good news for all of you who still don’t believe us when we say that Eric lives. Bad news for those of you who were hoping for an Eric/Sookie come back one last time, although I’m not saying that still can’t happen. I’m not on the writing staff. 😉   I’m thinking this could be the ‘Queen Freyda’ dupe from the books.

Updated 11.22.13: We have the actual casting call now, and it provides a little more information about Sylvie. She’s in her 20s, beautiful, and French. The actress playing her must speak fluent French. The casting call notes “Episode 2 arc”and the role begins filming mid-January. Also, the role requires full frontal nudity.

Thoughts?

1. Cerise

November 21, 2013 at 12:11 pm

Maybe she is the one who saves him from burning on the mountain top in Sweden.

• kristina

February 5, 2014 at 1:33 pm

Personally I think he saves himself by burrowing in the snow, hence why he still isn’t back 6 months later bc of the earth’s tilt it’s still daytime!

2. sookieeleana

November 21, 2013 at 3:28 pm

Please not Freyda – anyone but her. I cannot bear Eric ending up the same way as the books. I really don’t believe they will go there. I will accept anything the writers want to give me for any of the other characters – just as long as Eric gets a good ending, and that definitely isn’t marriage to Freyda.

• Kelley

January 31, 2014 at 12:42 pm

OMG! i completely agree, the way his character was left in the books was extremely upsetting! please not Freyda!

3. Alice

November 21, 2013 at 4:22 pm

Please DO NOT let show end like book!!! You are our only hope!! I rather him end up with anyone also like the mayor’s daughter! As for Sookie if she cannot be with Eric I rather Alceide than Sam!!!!!

• Alice

November 21, 2013 at 4:23 pm

And hopefully Pam saves Eric….yum

November 22, 2013 at 9:28 am

Alice, we’re not HBO and have no control over the storyline. We trust that to the professionals. 🙂

4. Mollie

November 21, 2013 at 10:39 pm

Well now. This is excellent news. Sookie said good-bye to Eric in Season 6 Episode 1. And they had no conversation or scenes together after that. Sookie did not even think about Eric the entire last season. So the proverbial handwriting is on the wall. Eric needs to get his own girl. Sookie belongs with Bill. It’s just a matter of time for old Bright Eyes (Alcide) LOL!

5. d

November 22, 2013 at 4:32 am

It does not say that he is alive. Just that they are casting a “love” interest for his character. It could very well be in flash backs. Or even Pam’s delusions. From what I have picked up over the past several months, Alex was forced out of the show by whom he thought were friends over jealousy, and empty promises made to them of fame and popularity, threats were made, and the suits and Buckner caved. I would not be surprised if he was indeed dead, but not shown to be until the very end. As to keep the audience. I don’t trust anything these people say.

November 22, 2013 at 9:28 am

Um, no. None of that is true. Alexander Skarsgard is still a series regular, he was never going to be written off the show, and whoever is trying to stir up drama over supposed “jealousy” on the set is a troll.

6. Rina

November 22, 2013 at 10:32 pm

Well, it was inevitable that Eric would either meet new people next season, or that there would be a flashback of his past. That’s how the show works. The characters have new adventures every season. And wherever Eric is, there will always be women (LOL), so I don’t understand why anyone is surprised by the casting call. I can’t wait to see who is cast.

7. Rina

November 22, 2013 at 10:36 pm

Also does the casting call specifically state that the character will be Eric’s love interest, or is that just a shot in the dark from William Keck? Even if it does state that, it could be misdirection by Buckner. We know they lie on the casting calls to keep fans guessing.

November 22, 2013 at 11:14 pm

It does specifically state that Sylvie is “a love interest for Alexander Skarsgard (Eric)”.

8. sookieeleana

November 23, 2013 at 3:50 am

Phew! Thanks for the update.
    I didn’t mind who she is and if she is a new love interest I can handle that as long as she isn’t a vampire queen and I don’t think she is now.
    (It could even be a flashback?)

9. Syydiana

November 27, 2013 at 5:10 am

So she (Eric’s love interest) Speaks French and they want someone who speaks the language fluently… So does this mean Alexander speaks French as well? It wouldn’t surprise me if he did 🙂 Oh well, I don’t know enough French 🙁 So do we get subtitles? LOL But I would like to see Eric end up with a love interest that was your average every day girl… Some girl from a mountain climbing group on holiday or something just as totally random, to bring about a bond only the two of them can understand. A quality that Eric would admire maybe a kindness that reminds him of Godric (spelling?)
    Oh it just hurts a bit to much to think about how I would like it to all end. I have faith the writers will do it justice… After all they love this world as much as we do <3

10. posh

November 29, 2013 at 10:21 pm

Please I hope Eric and Sookie will stay dead. Eric needs a much better ending then her. Honestly I think her and Bill would be excellent together. Most of all let us just all hope they give us FULL episodes and a FANGTASTIC ending!

• Yvonne

November 30, 2013 at 7:57 am

Eric’s better ending is always be with Sookie!

• kristina

February 5, 2014 at 1:36 pm

Agreed, even though I hate her annoying butt in the show!

• Bluuefiire

May 28, 2014 at 11:41 pm

Seriously

11. Kindall

December 3, 2013 at 10:05 pm

I know it probably won’t happen, but I’ve been an avid Eric and Sookie shipper since season 1; Eric is one of the most beloved (if not the most) characters on the show, I hope they don’t just throw him a new girl last season. In the least, if Sookie can’t be with Eric, I think he should remain with Willow.

12. Maggie

December 7, 2013 at 8:17 pm

Can’t wait

13. Jennifer

December 9, 2013 at 2:34 pm

I’m so excited for next season to see where everyone’s story will go. I have an image in my head of what I would like to happen in the very end…the last scene would end with Sookie waking up after her latest mishap of being beaten, kidnapped, or shot and her new fangs would snap down! Roll credits!

14. trueblooddevotee

May 27, 2014 at 12:17 pm

My heart was broken by Sookie and Eric’s ending in the books. I’m afraid of becoming invested in this show’s last season simply because life is full of serious disappointments–my favorite show shouldn’t be one of them.

• Bluuefiire

May 28, 2014 at 11:44 pm

Ditto, but I started to pull back before last season bc I totally could see the writing on the wall after book 12, and it was horrible. Still pissed at her lol.