SPOILERS: Someone’s Getting a New Beau!

Another day, another casting call for True Blood season 7! Those of us who have been hoping for more Lafayette in the show’s final season are in luck – the latest character being added to the series is a love interest for Lala.

Producers are casting Drake, a 20-something hottie who is a cross between James Dean and Jim Morrison. Described as “a compassionate protector with a poet’s edge”, he’s also a vampire. Perhaps he’s the vamp Lala gets partnered with under Sam and Bill’s new buddy system? The actor who gets the role will have to be comfortable with nudity and sex scenes, so it sounds like they make more than a blood-sharing connection.

1. michele murphy

December 10, 2013 at 11:25 pm

More than a little sad that this will be the last season. Was it because a decline in viewing or simply everyone moving on to other things? thanks from oregon

December 11, 2013 at 8:55 am

It was time for them to move on, I think. Seven years is a long time for any show, and especially a cable series. Correct me if I’m wrong, but won’t this final season make True Blood the longest running scripted series in HBO’s history? The Sopranos and Sex and the City lasted 6 seasons each, and I think those were the previous longest running series.

• sasa

December 22, 2013 at 1:00 am

entourage is the longest hbo series with 8 seasons.

December 23, 2013 at 9:04 pm

Yeah, Liz pointed that out on our podcast. However, it’s final season was only 6 episodes, so does it really win?

2. Shannon

December 11, 2013 at 2:26 pm

I am so sad that this is the final season 🙁 I hate this, all the good shows are done really! I love Lafayette, and it will be so awesome to see him with a vampire! I also was hoping to see Bill and Sookie get back together.

3. Angi

December 11, 2013 at 5:42 pm

I am excited for Lafayette, but am I the only one who gets butterflies when reading about this upcoming season? I want so badly for it to go out on a high note. I read the spoilers and think in my head, “Let it end well!” I don’t think a happy ending necessarily, but at least one that makes sense somehow, if that’s possible for a show about vampires. Anyway, keep those spoilers coming, Liz and Mel, even if I do catch my breath a little when I read them!

4. yogidee

December 11, 2013 at 6:56 pm

Sad this will be the last season..we’re all waiting for the show to come back on reading about future story lines and by this summer True Blood will be over. They should do a spin-off or something. Last few episodes of the last season were so disappointing so i hope the writers make up for it..

5. lisa

December 11, 2013 at 7:23 pm

I have never loved a series more, True Blood is amazing and i am so sad that season 7 will be the last. I am in love with Ryan Kwanten and Nelson Ellis (Jason and Lafayette) and vow to make it to Louisiana one day. I wish too that it would continue at least 3 seasons more:)

6. sasa

December 22, 2013 at 1:06 am

it feels bittersweet that this upcoming season will be the last season. on one hand, i feel it’s time for everyone to move on on the other hand it’s so hard to say goodbye to the characters we’ve come to love. i just hope they rein everything in with the writing and let it go with a bang. 🙂

7. Vampiremaniac

February 17, 2014 at 6:40 pm

Oh, Lala! Hahaha! Lala will be positively glowing, then?
    PS. I hope the know how to end the show with a BIG bang. So fitting after all the cliffhangers…