BREAKING: HBO Announces True Blood’s Final Season Premiere [Updated with Teaser Video]

It’s official, Truebies! HBO Announced the premiere for the final season of True Blood – June 22nd! Let the countdown begin! This season is the one where humans and “others” co-exist, but as we’ve seen from some of the casting calls, it’s not always going to be peaceful. This is True Blood, nothing ever goes smoothly!

Look for teasers to air during the premiere of Game of Thrones on April 6th. Of course, we will also post those teasers here just as soon as they are available.

So start making those premiere plans, kids! And by the way, still no word on when or where the cast will appear for the big premiere, but as always, as soon as we know, you’ll know.

Also – this is the date for the United States. We don’t know when it will air anywhere else yet.

Updated: Oh hey! We have our first teaser to share with you!

1. Jenny Lee

April 3, 2014 at 6:31 pm

I’m gonna hate to see it end. This has been the best and I mean literally the best show HBO has come out with! Surely they won’t end it!

• Sunny

April 4, 2014 at 2:33 pm

I agree it is a great show, however, last season wasn’t as good as the others. I am looking forward to some time spent with Eric Northman this season!

2. eunice mitchell

April 3, 2014 at 9:19 pm

I just.love the true blood series

3. Kimberly

April 4, 2014 at 10:24 am

Sooooo excited!

4. Lisa

April 4, 2014 at 10:50 am

Ad soon as a show becomes a hit..its over!! WTF??

April 4, 2014 at 11:29 am

True Blood became a hit in 2009, during its second season. Seven seasons is a terrific run for a show.

5. Blomman

April 4, 2014 at 12:23 pm

LOve the video .. total true blood style ! Sad it the final season , but it have bene a fantastic show to follow . Cant wait to watch the cast all dresst up in true blood style once more !!

6. Sunny

April 4, 2014 at 2:35 pm

I just don’t understand why they NEVER finish the series. First Game of Thrones is gonna be cancelled, and now True Blood. There is so much more that happens in the BOOKS. Finish the series HBO! For real, don’t just “wrap it up and tie a few ends”.

April 4, 2014 at 5:51 pm

Game of Thrones hasn’t been cancelled. The creators of GoT said they plan to go for seven seasons (like True Blood), which gives them three more seasons after the one premiering Sunday.

7. Janelle

April 4, 2014 at 9:08 pm

OMG! I cant take it!!! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

8. Kellian

April 4, 2014 at 10:03 pm

Can anyone read the name on the gravestone in between Adele and Jesus Velasquez? I can’t make it out. I wonder if it’s meant to foreshadow the death of a main character (or characters) in season 7. Because of shows like Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead, I am well acquainted with the deaths of prominent and beloved characters. I would actually like to see some “true deaths” in the final season. As long as it’s not Pam, Tara, Jessica or Lafayette, I’ll be okay!!

April 4, 2014 at 11:03 pm

You mean the gravestone that’s low to the ground? That’s Tommy Mickens’ grave.

9. Melissa T

April 6, 2014 at 8:07 pm

My Husband and I had caught up with the rest of the Trubies two year’s ago…After seeing a clip of season 1 briefly…That was it for us.. Hooked!…
    We’d had been so busy working and with our Family life this first 2 season’s, then finally we began watching ALL 4 seasons straight in a three week period,after kids went to bed….
    I was pregnant in end of 2011, until April 7th of 2012 (with our 4th child),yet sadly was on bed rest majority of the second half of my pregnancy..
    So, this was a truly wonderful experience for us to enjoy.
    My Husband and I finally bonded every evening once again catching up..was a cute date night, so to speak.. Brought back this excitement in our Marriage.
    Yes… Oh, the simple thing’s in a Married life once forgotten. (chuckling)
    Oh my!…NON Stop addicted we were! 🙂
    The last two season’s for us we enjoyed on it’s regular night’s, which for us this experience has been fantastic for our ‘quieter’ quality time together in bed relaxing…. Finally we agreed upon watching the same Show for once. ( shocked… A beautiful Miracle there HBO… Together happily….
    After being Married and having four incredible children, along with me running two Companies and my Husband working his daily grind, well, this time was such a Blessing for us to enjoy
    Guess, that special hour with one another… Not stressed, or me stuck again watching Sports either…I enjoy some Sports, yet geesh.Not all the time and it can become boring after some time though, especially for my work is around Men….SO…. This was such a HUGE adorable plus there for me with my Hubby! 🙂
    Wish this Show wouldn’t have to come to an end, as we all hope it shouldn’t and won’t…
    For some of us who watch your Shows, HBO.. This is just one of your best and I’ve been watching for many years.
    Us, Trubies enjoy those moments of conversation and connecting with other TB Fan’s.. Your Shows devoted Fan’s and follower’s. Also, along with our close friends, or co-worker’s about last night episode of the what is going to happen next week with “so and so’s” character, or Oh my! What will happen on next Season for True Blood now? Happily anticipating the premiere, after waiting many, many months when we Finaaaaaally hear your True Blood intro music to begin the latest Season… ” When you walked in the air went out”…
    We become excited, as children on the Eve of Christmas and simply await the next week again and again… Looking forward to the 7th days later, or re-runs to air, so we can get our fix on in between, including with counting our day’s down after viewing your intriguing cliff hanger’s that capture us in awe.
    Especially, Season 6’s finale, with Erik this time around on the snowy mountain.. thanks HBO.. Nice one. 😉
    I wish we all could have another Season, as each one has become intriguingly different and then each Season which just became better and better… Oh, yes…. HBO… You did it again.. AND another even better.
    I know for my Husband and I … It was a great run…
    We truly appreciated the plot with everyone involved these last 6 seasons of creating a wonderfully brilliant Show, as we felt compelled, ever so attached to particular Character’s that we can relate with and to, then now sadly the upcoming 7 vibrant season is nearly here…. And ending to a great era.
    Bravo! Encore….Encore!! With such great story lines overall… Which we are all truly saddened it will end now.
    Thank you for allowing us to imagine and enjoy reality in another World. 🙂
    Was and is a nice vacation from real life over our way HBO. Going to mis True Blood.
    Thank you kindly.

• Mary Ann McGee

April 10, 2014 at 4:03 pm

Thanks Melissa We love this show I dont want it to end .

10. Liz

April 6, 2014 at 9:22 pm

Thanks for sharing, Melissa! I love your excitement!

11. Steph

April 9, 2014 at 11:06 am

That “tease” gave me goosepimples!

12. Cady

May 11, 2014 at 9:24 pm

So, I read the books before the TV series even came out and wasn’t sure I would like it because I was so loyal to the books. I was amazed at how wonderful it was. I even got my husband hooked. I kept comparing the show to the books and I just knew what was going to come next from reading the books (and I might add that its was way cooler to only have to wait a week for more instead of a year for a new book). But eventually the plot and characters got so far away for the books that it was like two completely different stories. I love them both and DEEPLY SADDENED to see them both. But I couldn’t imagine the endings being the same. I really think that in the books Eric should’ve figured out a way to stay in Bon Temps and Sookie should of been turned. After all, it is about vampires, right? LETS JUST HOPE FOR A GREAT ENDING TO THIS SERIES! Good luck to the writer! and best wishes to the cast in all their further endeavors!

13. Susan

July 7, 2014 at 7:45 am

I was shocked to see Maxine Fortenberry last night. Wasn’t she killed in an episode last season?

July 7, 2014 at 9:32 am

Apparently not. I can’t think of who you’re thinking of though. I’m trying to remember who you might be confusing Maxine with.