More Teases for True Blood Season 7 from TV Guide, Including Eric’s Fate

A couple of days ago we posted an excerpt from the TV Guide summer preview, featuring True Blood‘s final season. The issue, and full article, are now available, and provide a few additional teases for what’s coming.

WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD

1. Eric isn’t dead. Yeah, we’ve known since last August that Alexander Skarsgard was returning, but this quote from Alex should put paid to rumors that he’ll only appear as a ghost or in flashbacks:

“He’s surrounded by lots of wet snow – that might give you a hint about Eric’s fate,” says Skarsgard. “The environment of Northern Sweden helps him quite a bit.”

2. Eric and Sookie are not getting back together, at least not in the beginning, but that doesn’t mean romance with a Stackhouse is off the table.

Skarsgard reveals Eric won’t rekindle things with Sookie when the show returns (“He realizes he’s not the best guy for her”), but he does have an erotic scene with Sookie’s sex-addicted younger brother, Jason (Ryan Kwanten). “It was written like an Argentinian telenovela, totally over-the-top,” reveals Skarsgard. “It was tough because Ryan is incredibly funny. I couldn’t stop laughing.”

3. Sookie is in for a big change by series end.

“Sookie will be forever changed,” teases Buckner. That change is contagious. “Everything that happens has a trickle-down effect,” says Paquin. “There are consequences for all the characters.”

Please don’t make Sookie a vampire. Please don’t make Sookie a vampire. Please don’t make Sookie a vampire.

This issue of TV Guide is on newsstands now.

1. Gail

May 29, 2014 at 10:44 am

I hope Sookie finds true love and becomes a mother. I think she’d be a great one.

May 29, 2014 at 11:14 am

She would be a great mom.

2. Mason

May 29, 2014 at 11:09 am

Making Sookie a vampire is the only exciting way to end the show.

May 29, 2014 at 11:14 am

In your opinion. 😉

3. Cerise

May 29, 2014 at 11:28 am

I agree. Please don’t make Sookie a vampire. It goes against everything she is and she would hate it. Sookie having a baby, on the other hand, I can totally see.

4. sookieeleana

May 29, 2014 at 11:32 am

Thanks for the first interesting spoilers we have had this season. Not good ones for me I’m afraid, I still had hopes that Sookie would at least give Eric a chance but it is not to be. I’m glad Alex has told fans in advance (and presumably with the blessing of the show-runners to pre-warn fans).

I’ll join the ranks who don’t want Sookie to be a vampire. I don’t think she will be. I think it’s more likely her life will change by her losing her fairy powers and becoming a normal girl (that she seems to have always wanted). Perhaps she will use her ball of light in the finale to save someone from a vampire, and that’s how it happens.

5. Nikki

May 29, 2014 at 11:47 am

Sorry, but I have from the jump been Pro Sook/Eric enjoy seeing her with others like Alcide, etc but I just love those 2 for each other! She really has a way of bringing out such a different side to him and I love that!

6. Sam

May 29, 2014 at 1:02 pm

Please don’t make Sook a vamp!

7. Rina

May 29, 2014 at 7:43 pm

Please no hybrid babies. This isn’t Twilight. Whatever happens in the last season, I’m looking forward to it. Bring it on!

8. ChristieAtlanta

May 29, 2014 at 8:10 pm

This is far fetched, but from a previous article posted – with the writers coming back to the “Sookie and Bill” arc, I was thinking the only way for Sookie and Bill to live happily ever after (other than Sookie becoming a vamp – please no!!!)….what if Bill did somehow become human again and be with Sookie. I know it sounds crazy, but anything is possible on this show!

9. Lisa Gollon

May 30, 2014 at 9:57 am

I am so excited about anything True Blood might have to offer is in the last season, really sad to see it be the last season though! I’ve always been pro Sookie and Alcide! Can’t wait to see what’s instore!

10. Katty

May 30, 2014 at 11:34 am

WHAT???? Are you serious? More bill/sooke down our throats. I would rather see eric die in those mountains. Why bother adding eric in this season if it’s just about sookie and Bill. This sucks, I’ll be watching Game of Thrones again…Don’t care if my comment gets deleted, just wanted to clear the air that this is a season 1 repeat. Peace!

May 30, 2014 at 12:01 pm

Dang, harsh! I’d like to think Eric has more going for him than serving as a romantic partner for Sookie. Surely the writers can find SOMETHING interesting for him to do that isn’t related to smooching Sookie.

11. Blomman

June 1, 2014 at 2:44 am

Dont care if Eric and Sookie End up together or not , as long i will have alot of Good Eric scenens ! The Jason scene seme to be funny … and it would be nice to see the Girl in a show get her way to ! Tanks för postning !!

12. Katty

June 1, 2014 at 3:37 pm

Your missing my point. It’s just the same old thing over and over and over again with these seasons. Sookie forgives bill… he never does anything so severe as eric…eric is in the background like a prop. They use him for his sex appeal, that’s all. He’s practically going to spend half of this season healing himself and hooking up with a vamp…that’s very “interesting.” I’ve read the synopsis, it’s going to be a more personal story about bill, AGAIN. It’s always a 360 with true blood..nothing new. So IMO, GOT is far more interesting and well written compared to this show. Peace!

13. Anna

June 3, 2014 at 5:28 pm

Pro sookie/eric and need less Bill “all over again”-stuff. I can see her as a vamp, tho i dont thint it will happen.
    🙂

14. Bella Bondi

June 13, 2014 at 4:35 pm

I just read that a major character will die within the first fewmin of the episode one and I went backthru all the trailors and I dont see tara only once and I beleive Iit was the same outfit in last yr im wondering if its her

15. Beverly

June 15, 2014 at 5:50 pm

I hope Sookie is turned by Eric!!!!!!

16. Laura

June 23, 2014 at 1:39 am

I’m thinking Sookie will use her big ball of light to kill H Vamps and lose her fairy powers. If the writers follow up on any theme that they’ve built in the last six seasons, it would be to give the poor girl some peace. She’d be less vampire bait and able to carry on a semi-normal relationship for once. A baby for her would be great, also. Maybe to get out of small-minded Bon Temps, also, and start over somewhere.