SPOILERS: “Jaw-dropping” Development for One Character in True Blood Premiere

The True Blood season premiere is less than 3 weeks away now, and the advance reviews are starting to trickle in. Our first real bit of news comes from TV Guide’s Mega Buzz column, which teases a “jaw-dropping” development for an unnamed character in the season premiere.

I’m sad that this is going to be the final season of True Blood. Do you have anything to make me feel better? — Carrie
Yes, but it may not make you feel better. When the HBO drama returns, the Hep-V-infected vampires that were poised to attack Bon Temps arrive and the bloodbath quickly ensues. Unfortunately, the casualties are not just redshirts. In fact, one character’s fate is so jaw-dropping that you’ll spend the rest of the episode wondering if what you just watched was a dream. It’s not, which clearly means all bets are off in this final season.

Who do you think they’re talking about? Is someone being turned? Meeting the true death? Losing a limb? Becoming infected with Hep-V?

True Blood returns for the final season on Sunday, June 22 at 9/8c on HBO.

1. LInee

June 4, 2014 at 8:48 am

Ive noticed that Alcied is not in any of the pics. Im starting to think they kill him off in the first episode. Besides, He’s doing movies now and prolly wants to upgrade.

• Chantelle Cooksey

June 4, 2014 at 8:51 am

Alcide appears in the trailers though, unlike Eric!

• Amanda

June 4, 2014 at 9:14 am

Nope. In an interview, Alex talks about how Eric has a new lover.

• esw45

June 4, 2014 at 11:11 am

Eric new lover is the Sophie character that probably helped to save him and I believe she is only in 2 episodes. I think its Tara that gets the true death unfortunately.

• mary

June 4, 2014 at 11:15 pm

I am so up set that they are ending TRUE BLOOD.The actors are tired of the show apparently and just tossing how the fans just made them famous aside.its not fair to all of us who were there plus no conventions either.guess we were good enough to watch the show but not meet us either.we were used by the producers writers actors.now just toss us side . That’s plain hateful.

June 4, 2014 at 8:52 am

Alcide is featured rather prominently in pics (http://true-blood.net/2014/05/02/photos-first-true-blood-season-7-pictures-are-here/) and promos (http://true-blood.net/2014/06/01/true-blood-season-7-trailer-2-celebrate-life/), so I don’t think it’s him.

• Dee H

June 6, 2014 at 3:40 pm

I’m not so sure…I checked the episode cast for S7 on IMDB and Alcide wasn’t listed past episode 1…although from the trailers it appears he at least survives the opening scene…

• dd

June 7, 2014 at 12:50 pm

thays pretty clever!

June 7, 2014 at 1:34 pm

IMDb cast lists aren’t considered legit sources until the final, confirmed credits are loaded after an episode airs or a movie is released. Until then, take any casting info on IMDb with a grain of salt.

2. cynthia

June 4, 2014 at 9:10 am

I’m saying Tara! They ended last season with her mother coming to her and begging Tara to fees from her. It would make absolute sense if Lettie Mae were a carrier of Hep V and that she kills Tara with it.

• Amanda

June 4, 2014 at 9:13 am

Yes !! I said the exact same thing right after that scene last season. It’s too her. She would so do something like that.

June 4, 2014 at 9:32 am

Brian Buckner said in an interview a couple of days after the season 6 finale (the same one in which he said Skarsgard would be a regular for season 7) that Lettie Mae is NOT a Hep-V carrier. That doesn’t mean Tara is safe, of course, but the speculation that she gets infected by her mother has been shot down.

• Sol

June 5, 2014 at 1:32 am

she doesn’t need her mother to get infected. we still don’t know how this new hep-v strain works. its possible one bite or being exposed to an infected vamp’s blood is enough to get infected.
          from the trailers it looks like Tara will get infected in the premiere fight, and Violet will be too down the road.

• Lynn

June 7, 2014 at 7:30 am

In episode 2 description Willa is helping Lettie Mae channel her family past. Not that Tara’s dead ( comments on one of the last episodes)but infected. Possibly in the fight?

• EricLover

June 4, 2014 at 1:32 pm

Good concept but BB squashed it. He said that wasn’t the case… who knows though! He could be lying.

3. Nigel

June 4, 2014 at 9:37 am

They said in an interview that Lettie Mae is not infected with Hep V and that her gesture was sincere.

4. Pokie

June 4, 2014 at 9:55 am

Something tells me Sam becomes a vampire. I saw a trailer and Sam looked different. His character has kind of run out of interesting story lines. I mean, every one close to him gets killed!

5. Carly Christian

June 4, 2014 at 10:02 am

Lafayette isn’t in the trailers much and he was supposed to die at the end of season 1 anyways! I really hope he doesn’t die but it would be cool if he got turned.. Medium vampire sounds fun..

6. Steph

June 4, 2014 at 10:42 am

FATE:http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fate
    :a power that is believed to control what happens in the future

:the things that will happen to a person or thing : the future that someone or something will have

So, “…one character’s fate…” does not necessarily mean they die.

Does someone get turned? Does someone realize a power or gift they have? Does someone fall in love? Who knows! But it will be great tv finding out 🙂

7. Rina

June 4, 2014 at 11:10 am

I refuse to drive myself crazy with speculations, so I’ll just wait and watJch the premiere. Just 3 more weeks. Just 3 more weeks. *keeps mumbling to self*

8. Cindy Wedding

June 4, 2014 at 12:22 pm

I hope they kill off Violet!

9. Mary D. Lilyquist

June 4, 2014 at 1:24 pm

I think it will be Arlene.

10. emax

June 4, 2014 at 2:06 pm

Looks to me that vamps have Holly cornered up …. I’m thinking at some point, but then you see Holly and Andy ….. just as they seem happy….Holly gets – got…What I’ve wondered is the visual effects they show with Sookie looks like she is looking at the attack at formerly known as Merlottes, as kind of “dream like” ….will she seek refuge in fairy ? Might be the safest place for her and Adilyn ? Hope Niall helps Adilyn channel her inner fairy ….I’m liking Niall still being a part of the final season. Will he close up the fairy ports ??

11. Titan

June 4, 2014 at 3:02 pm

I think it’s Ginger. I thought I saw her death in a preview.

12. Charlene

June 4, 2014 at 3:19 pm

I believe Eric will get HepV, while protecting someone, I think they may find a cure, but will it cure him of HepV or turn him back to human!!

13. Stacym

June 4, 2014 at 4:40 pm

What about Hoyt??? He left last season but the Hep V Vamps are everywhere …. What if he comes back to Bon Temps as an infected Vamp??? Or Jason???? He could have powers he hasn’t found yet. Hoyts character didn’t die, it was left to where he could easily come back.

14. Kim

June 4, 2014 at 7:55 pm

This being the last season all characters are up for the True Death….

• Bella Bondi

June 4, 2014 at 10:06 pm

I saw no clips of sams pregnate girlfreind betcha its her

15. A.Ortiz

June 5, 2014 at 11:12 am

I agree. For some reason, something’s telling me it’s Nicole that will get killed earlier in the season. She and Sam seemed very happy in last year’s finale, so that can’t last long. Besides, Sam always had bad luck when it comes to women.

16. Christieatlanta

June 5, 2014 at 11:30 am

Speaking of jaw dropping, I really think Sookie is going to loose her fairy powers by the end of the season. They have really been pushing the fact her powers are dwindling. That may be the life changing experience they say she is going to be going thru this season.

• Angi

June 5, 2014 at 4:10 pm

I feel like it will be Nicole, too. She isn’t in any trailer I’ve seen.

• rcox

June 5, 2014 at 6:34 pm

Tara, is not in the trailer, I believe she is going to die protecting her mother.

17. Blomman

June 6, 2014 at 1:26 am

Wonder if Jason is in truble … his new vampire girlfriend seme dangures for him . I gess we Will have to wait and see .