Eric Returns! But There’s a Hitch. {SPOILERS}

We finally discovered the fate of Eric Northman in tonight’s episode of True Blood: he’s holed up in a house (monastery?) in the Rhone Valley in France, and he’s infected with Hep-V.

But first, a steamy, sexy dream date between Jason and Eric starts us out. Remember last season when Eric gave Jason some of his blood to heal him, then cheekily wished him pleasant dreams? Yeah, welcome to the fantasy!

In the final moments of “I Found You”, Pam arrives at the house after following the lead she received in Marrakesh, Morocco, and descends to the basement where she encounters a pair of scantily clad women who say, “He won’t take my blood”, as they leave. Getting her first glimpse, she starts to cry.

“You found me,” Eric says, as the camera zooms in on the telltale dark veins peeking out from his signature black tank top.

So now the question becomes, can a cure be found in time to save Eric? We think yes, but let’s put it to a vote.

1. Michele Carter

June 29, 2014 at 9:38 pm

They are killing alot of characters off this season and after last season when they left ia hanging and we thought Eric was dead I don’t think they will kill him off this season.

2. buffy

June 29, 2014 at 10:03 pm

Eric seems to be at his end and alex left filming duties earlier than the rest of the cast .
    but does anyone know what he and pam said in the sneak preview
    they seemed to be mumbling they’re lines ,but i thought i caught the words “you drank the blood on purpose” any other thoughts on what was said.

June 29, 2014 at 10:45 pm

Pam: “Did you contract the virus on purpose?”
      *dialog that’s been edited out*
      Eric: “The fight’s over, Pam.”

3. Jessica

June 29, 2014 at 10:22 pm

I really didn’t wanna be disappointed this last season. I wanted the show to be good. “Not happily ever after” but not “everyone dies in the end.” Highly upset right now.

4. Leeanna

June 29, 2014 at 11:00 pm

I think sookies blood will cure him. Remember when they wanted warrlow to help save Erics sister with his blood? Maybe sookies will. Hopefully. Eric is my absolute favorite and I will be so disappointed if the series ends with him dying.

5. Vampiremaniac

June 29, 2014 at 11:43 pm

Hmmm… Finding a cure will be convenient and it will need time, then again if they don’t, all vampires will be exterminated in the long run.

Sookie’s blood as the cure will be even more convenient.

What I just don’t see is why Eric infected himself (if he did). Nora? Please, he loved Godric 1000X and he got over it so soon. There is major character instability if that’s the case. And where’s his love for Pam? His Viking spirit? Just giving up? Nope…

PS1. Opening scene was hilarious, there were moments they were smiling ready to crack up, I wonder how many times they tried this before they got it right without hearing the director say “Cut! Not again with the laugh, guys!” Also, Jason trying to take the upper hand from Eric with the belt thing resulting in having him tossed at the other side of the room, OMG, I couldn’t stop laughing!

PS2. When Sookie was reading the diary there was a line like “I don’t believe the government left us die”. Can someone tell me where is the government? The army? Burrell’s LVTF team? Everything seems to run fine (electricity, mobiles, etc). This is not an apocalyptic world…

PS3. Who loved Willa’s reaction when Tara’s mother woke her up? LOL!

6. sasa

June 30, 2014 at 12:43 am

I don’t think Eric contracted it on purpose. Nora did implode in his arms so he could have contracted it that way OR from someone he fed on. The way they are trying to pair hep-v negative humans and vampires in Bon Temps and how Pam was told “the only clean blood in North Africa is child blood” would mean humans are carriers, but I’m guessing it does not affect the human host.

A friend had a theory that he left bc he did not want to infect Pam since he may have contracted hep-v from Nora. To me, Eric ran away at the end of s6 bc of all the loss he’s suffered in the last year and a half or so (despite it being six years for us viewers). He lost Godric, he lost Sookie, and he lost Nora, his sister and last connection to Godric. He’s already released Pam and now she had her own progeny so he left to deal (or not deal) with it all.

I’m hoping Sookie’s blood or maybe fairy magic can somehow save Eric and all the other hep-v vamps.

June 30, 2014 at 8:37 am

I don’t think Eric contracted it on purpose, either. There’s definitely an edit between Pam’s question and Eric’s “answer”.

Pam: “Did you contract the virus on purpose?”
      *dialog that’s been edited out*
      Eric: “The fight’s over, Pam.”

7. Whitney Militello

June 30, 2014 at 7:38 am

Pam got this far, she won’t give up on Erik now. I know she will at least try to find a cure. This is out of Character for Erik to give up like this.. I need more info I guess

June 30, 2014 at 8:37 am

He’s acting like Godric did at the end – exhausted with living. I have faith that Pam (and maybe Sookie) will pull him out of it, though.

• Whitney

July 1, 2014 at 8:27 pm

Ya I’m truely hoping my last image of him is not meeting the true death. I really wanted him to go out on top. Hope ur right Mel !

8. Katherine

June 30, 2014 at 9:22 am

I cried last night, Eric cant meet the true death please he cant be sick with hep v i hope Sookie cures him

9. Lori

June 30, 2014 at 9:25 am

They did not allow him to escape the true death only to kill him off with Hep V.

10. Leslie G

June 30, 2014 at 2:14 pm

Killing Eric will scar many avid True Blood followers! I myself will be horrified!

11. Anna

June 30, 2014 at 3:29 pm

i hope they dont take away the fighting spirit that hes all about. i m afried that my True Blood days is over soon…

12. Kate

July 1, 2014 at 2:04 am

Why isn’t there an option for ‘No, and I’m kind of happy about it.’?

13. Amy Bondi

July 3, 2014 at 9:15 pm

Im one of the biggest fans of true blood that u will find but im nervous I was not impressed with episode two I actually found myself doing other things like not being glued to the tv on Sunday num one im not happy with Tara death or rather her dying before pam and tara was more explored they could have killed her off two seasons ago when she was a whiny human they write her this great storyline and then dump it seems to me if the wanted a shocking death it could have been sam as a viewer there was so much there with tara and with sam the writers lost him. And now eric with hep v I want to see Viking eric to send trueblood off . Oh where where did this go all wrong here’s praying for turnaround.. I want my favorite show back

July 4, 2014 at 10:27 am

First of all, that’s the longest sentence I’ve ever read, LOL! Second, it’s only been 2 episodes and you’ve already judged the season to be a fail. For six seasons the show has been written this way. They give us pieces at a time because after all, there are 10 episodes all together. Can’t you just reserve your judgment for the final scene in the final episode?

14. Amy Bondi

July 3, 2014 at 9:19 pm

And hopefully Jessica’s arm not healing after the bite from Andy’s daughter has to to with a cure or something

15. Amy Bondi

July 4, 2014 at 6:13 pm

I no I ramble lol but im not expecting a failed season at least I hope not but I feel so letdown with t aras death. There to me was so much to explore and I guess I feel cheated with her true death . No one wants a great season more than me but when I feel so disappointed that’s when I feel the need to vent.so I hope I don’t offend I just vent without using periods..lol

16. Lonnie

July 5, 2014 at 2:52 am

Maybe Jessica didn’t heal because she is just really hungry, like a deficiency…