True Blood Radio 224: “Fire in the Hole”

We’re down another major character and a recurring character after this week’s bloodbath on True Blood. Mel and Liz have Thoughts and Feelings about those deaths, Eric and Pam in the ’80s, Sookie and Bill, the return of Nan Flanagan and Sarah Newlin, and fans who can’t see the forest for the trees. Plus, spoilers!

Things we talked about:

1. candice

July 10, 2014 at 8:34 pm

I hope we see Ruby Jean once more, shes one of my faves. Id love to see her and her sister Lettie Mae together, that would be intense!

I dont see Sookie ending up with anyone, to be honest. I just dont see a happily ever after for her with Bill, Eric, or Sam, or any of the main characters. Maybe she will settle down with a nice little fairy somewhere in the future.

July 10, 2014 at 9:51 pm

Ooh, Lettie Mae and Ruby Jean together! I like it!

2. Steph

July 11, 2014 at 1:11 pm

Great show, ladies! I appreciated the way to expressed how Alcide was Sookies protector. When we first met Alcide, he was sent by Eric to protect Sookie. Hoyt coming back for his “mammas” funeral? Interesting! Does anyone else know Jess glamoured Hoyt to forget her and Jason before he left? Can you say AWKWARD! Now that Eric is hot-to-trot for Noo-mi will he play both ends to get what he wants? Revenge on Noo-mi when she was still Sarah for the whole hep V thing AND Yakonomo Corp. for killing Sylvie? Final thought, you asked why they brought in that story line of Sylvie and you mused if there could be another situation where Eric is made to choose, this time between Pam or Sookie…what if Pam sacrificed herself to save Sookie so Eric didn’t have to make the choice? That’s all for now. Can’t wait till Sunday!

3. posh

July 11, 2014 at 9:57 pm

I think what some of us are complaining about is the small amount of time we have left with the series and not enough time on the real true MAIN story lines that make this show. Way to much filler. 80% filler.
    I agree with Mel and Liz that Tara already had her death so her not having an on screen death was totally appropiate. Alcide getting shot in the head..it should have happened 2 seasons ago. Bless his character’s heart, He was a real piece of eye candy but I just don’t think the writers did his character justice.
    Mel & Liz * Ultimate Truebies* Thank you ladies for making us laugh, contemplate and enjoy this show even more. You both are fabulous!
    Last but not least, Eric for President Pam for Vice President Bill speaker of the house and Sookie (sorry Liz) working on a chain gang in lousinana’s dirtiest ditch.

July 12, 2014 at 9:31 am

Oh Angie, I still don’t understand you’re utter dislike of Sookie! The entire series, books and tv show, was built around her and made about her! In my mind, and this is my own opinion, not liking Sookie is not liking the show or the books. She is the heroine. Without her there is no story and no Eric or Pam or Bill. I think that you have fixed your dislike of her so firmly in your mind that you will not allow yourself to give her any credit at all, no matter what. *sigh*

What you call filler is what created the story. Without the “fillers” you have a boring story that is just plodding along without any meaning or color or purpose. And I think your 80% figure is off anyway. Like way off.

Still loving our Posh!!!

4. Mary Ann Peden-Coviello

July 12, 2014 at 10:44 pm

I’d like to see the “unexpected source” of nourishment for Jessica be Andy. How unexpected would that be? How would I do it if I were writing the show? Adilyne is the key. She knows Jessica is her protection. She knows Jessica feels terrible guilt over her actions. Without Jessica, Adilyne is in quite a lot more danger. Andy loves Adilyne and wants to protect her. He’d do anything — including feeding the vampire who’s protecting his last remaining daughter? — to keep Adilyne safe. I don’t know who might feed Bill. Sookie perhaps? Considering her current attitude toward Bill, that might be “unexpected” as well.

Great podcast as always, y’all.

Mary Ann

5. Hazel

July 14, 2014 at 1:50 am

I thought this last episode was fantastic. The story felt like it really moved forward a lot in a short time. I was in tears at the Sookie/Terry/Arline scene. Absolutely fantastic. It was a really moving scene, very well written and acted and extremely moving. Thank you True Blood