Photos & Video Sneak Peek at Episode 7.05, “Lost Cause”

HBO just sent over 5 photos along with a sneak peek at Sunday night’s new episode of True Blood, titled “Lost Cause”. The photos are pretty non-spoilery, so you can enjoy them at leisure.

Photo gallery

Video preview

Photo credits: John P. Johnson/HBO

1. Angela

July 16, 2014 at 3:58 pm

Can’t have a sookie party without bill. I can see he’s her HEA, it makes perfect sense. I realize it now, he spends more time with sookie etc. Plus…Alex clearly stated that sookie/eric are over. So I still don’t understand why people are building such false hope. I’m over it, but unfortunately my friends aren’t. That reunion scene really fooled them.

• Jen

July 16, 2014 at 5:25 pm

I could not agree with you more. After that last episode as soon as I got to work all of my Eric obsessed friends were like “Did you see, Eric and Sookie are going to end up together”. I being team Bill, absolutely love Eric and agree that was definitely a tender moment between Eric and Sookie. I mean obviously there is history there. But guys, that could have been a good bye/closure moment. I don’t know exactly how this is all going to end. But Brian Buckner clearly stated that they are going back to the original promise of the show which is Bill and Sookie. Stop toying with us True Blood. Never mind, it’s what you do best.

July 16, 2014 at 5:55 pm

Alex said that Eric and Sookie weren’t together at the beginning of the season. Not the same thing as them being over forever. I don’t *think* they’ll end up together in the end, but we’ve warned viewers over and over to be aware that the cast, writers, producers, etc. are very clever about how they answer questions or make statements. We may think they mean one thing when it’s actually something else entirely (i.e. Rutina Wesley at the red carpet premiere: “Tara will be around for a while.”).

• esw45

July 16, 2014 at 6:49 pm

Alex quote was “Eric is not going after Sookie he realizes that he is not the right guy for her” means that Eric is dying and he doesn’t want Sookie to be with an Infected vampire and also his focus is on killing Sarah Newlin before he dies….doesnt mean that he and Sookie wont have another moment….Sookie and Bill ..I continue to warn folks that it has been too obvious on multiple fronts that they are endgame and one things about this show in 7 seasons they never do whats obvious

• Angela

July 16, 2014 at 10:43 pm

I doubt they’ll have another moment. Eric has been away for a long time and sookie was never curious of his whereabouts. It would have been a different scenario if bill was in eric’s predicament. JMO. I just hope they don’t kill off lala,eric,or pam. They are my favorite characters of the show.

July 16, 2014 at 11:24 pm

I disagree about Sookie not being curious about Eric’s whereabouts. It’s pretty obvious from the scenes at Bill’s house that she missed him and wondered where he’d been.

July 16, 2014 at 11:32 pm

“He realizes he’s not the right guy for her” is the exact quote from Skarsgard. The other bit is from the writer of the TV Guide article. Again, there’s enough gray area in that statement to leave room for more Eric & Sookie interactions, although I highly doubt they’ll end up together. I don’t see Sookie settling down with a vampire in the end; that wouldn’t be true to her character.

• Yvonne

July 17, 2014 at 9:09 am

I totally agree with your “gray area” statement, the crew always answer the question cleverly, and we will never know where the story go exactly! as Eric and Sookie fans, I still have hope that S704 is not there final goodbye~

• Stephanieb

July 16, 2014 at 11:17 pm

Tara could be around for a while. Jesus was around for a while after his death also. She didn’t say “alive” she said “around”. And who knows Eric and Sookie could have a fling. Stranger things have happened in Bon Temps.

July 16, 2014 at 11:27 pm

Exactly my point. Rutina said Tara would be “around for a while”, and she will be so Rutina was telling the truth. But she’s also dead. She found a way to answer the reporter’s question (“Does Tara die?”) without actually answering it or giving away Tara’s fate.

In other words, be careful about assuming you know what the cast and creative team are talking about; they’re all good at providing answers that sound like one thing, but actually mean another. 😉

2. posh

July 16, 2014 at 8:08 pm

Okay folks..can we stop obsessing over who Sookie ends up with?? I hope it is with nobody actually. We only have 5 episodes left (grrr)!
    Let us hope that Eric, Pam, Willa, Jessica and Bill don’t meet the true death.
    I am more curious as to who JASON will end up with. Hey Mel or Liz, can you fine ladies create a poll on that topic?

3. Rina

July 16, 2014 at 9:57 pm

I wish people would stop obsessing about who Sookie ends up with. That’s not what the show is about. That’s not what the books were about. The story is not about Sookie finding a man. It’s about Sookie finding herself.

July 16, 2014 at 10:16 pm

*applause* Well said!

• Seriezap

July 17, 2014 at 5:56 am

And still, you’re the one who seems eager to defend the idea of Sookie being reunited with Eric at one point before the end of the season.
        I kinda disagree with Rina though. Because all the writers did these past seasons, is throw crumbs at each Sookie/Bill & Sookie/Eric fans, so much that we don’t really give a fck what happens outside the love triangle. And each plot seasons are coming second from this.
        I think they will lose either way they decide to end it.
        Bill & Sookie would be too predictable, and Eric & Sookie would scream fan servicing. Also, I don’t appriciate how they disposed of Alcide as if he was a washed off shirt. I knew he would never be Sookie’s end game, but come on, it’s like once he died, the writers were like “ok, good thing done, who’s next?”.

July 17, 2014 at 11:04 am

While I’m not rooting for any particular pairing for Sookie, my opinions might be influenced by insider information as well as 6+ years of observing & analyzing how this show works – on-screen and off-screen. I suppose that’s leaking into my comments. 🙂

• Angela

July 17, 2014 at 12:55 pm

In all fairness, I don’t think Mel is trying to be bias. She’s just trying to calm both sookie/bill and sookie/eric shipers. Sookie isn’t going to be romantically ending with any of them…at least that’s what I think she’s implying. Anyways, I agree with you on the way they handled alcide’s death. It wasn’t true to his character..to much of a “WTF??” moment for me.

July 17, 2014 at 3:15 pm

Thanks, Angela. No, I’m not trying to be biased. What I’m trying to get across is that we cannot take the cast/creative team’s statements at face value. They are trained in doublespeak!

• Seriezap

July 18, 2014 at 4:13 am

“alcide’s death. It wasn’t true to his character..to much of a “WTF??” moment for me”
            True. Like they just wanna get rid off him and didn’t cared of how it might have looked.

July 18, 2014 at 8:04 am

“Like they just wanna get rid off him and didn’t cared of how it might have looked.”
            Wrong. They are professional writers and fans of True Blood. They absolutely do care about how they treat their characters. Alcide died a hero, doing what he wanted to do – protect Sookie. His death was not an off-the-cuff kind of thing as you think. It impacted Sookie and she turned her grief into determination to finally go to Fangtasia and rescue her friends there, and finally finish off the Hap-V vampire nest. The idea that these writers just throw stuff in the air and watch how it falls out, without any care at all is ridiculous.

4. Jen

July 17, 2014 at 1:30 pm

I don’t understand why people say Sookie should not end up with a vampire. She is not happy with even slightly normal men like Alcide.The most disappointing ending for me would be if she ends up alone or married to some random human years later. Brian Buckner said that people will see that above all this is a love story. So here is my solution for all this intense difference of opinion. She ends up with both Bill and Eric. Like her threesome dream. Hey they both get along now. She has a strong connection to both of them in slightly different ways. It would be controversial and people would talk about it for years to come. Why not? Its True Blood, make it crazy. Just an idea.

July 17, 2014 at 3:12 pm

Sookie dealt with whether or not she wanted to be with (and/or become) a vampire in seasons 5 and 6; she definitively came down on the side of “no vampires”.

• Jen

July 17, 2014 at 3:51 pm

Ok, this is how it is going to end: Eric dies of HepV. Bill get’s staked trying to protect her. She marries some regular boring guy, has a few kids. Then they show her as a sad old lady in a rocking chair listening to the song “The one that got away” by Katy Perry. THE END

• Seriezap

July 18, 2014 at 4:18 am

LOL, at this point, I’m expecting an ending like this.
          Personnaly, I don’t like the threesome idea. If it’s about love, then she should end up with her one true love. Either Bill OR Sam (just kill Jurnee off please).

• Jen

July 18, 2014 at 5:35 pm

I agree with you, if it’s about love it should be with one person (not that I judge if you have a different lifestyle choice). I kinda like Sam with his fiancee she seems to adore him which he definitely deserves after everything he has been through. I don’t know about him and Sookie, I mean he summed it up pretty well in season 6 when he said Sookie always put him aside for someone else. I know everyone is saying it won’t end up with Bill because it would be to obvious etc. But my God do I miss her and Bill together. Out of all the relationships she has ever had, including Eric (who I get is totally awesome), her and Bill felt so intimate and deep and romantic. I know Eric loves her, but Sookie is Bill’s entire world. I can see Eric with some one else. I cannot see Bill with anyone else. He has lost his way (when he lost her). But he is back, he is the southern gentleman Sookie first fell for. I still get chills every time I go back and watch the scene where they first met. I know I may not see them kiss ever again. But I will always have the memory of their first kiss: “I can smell the sunlight on your skin”. SIGH……….

5. Mary Kay

July 18, 2014 at 11:45 am

Good Lord how I still love Bill. We never know what the writers are up to. Once we think it’s going to end a certain way, BAM! it’s the complete opposite. I’m going to miss the books as well as the show. I kind of feel like I’ll be saying goodbye to my dysfunctional family. I’m going to miss the show, and everything connected with it: the fans, the blogs, the spoilers, the arguing over who’s vamp is better. It’s been a great ride and I’m glad to say I’ve been with it since the beginning. Thank goodness for DVD’s. I’m just afraid they are going to kill Bill off. I see where he finished filming earlier than some other folks, but then again who knows, because they don’t film in perfect order. Does anyone know what we’re suppose to do when this is done? Any ideas besides crying our hearts out? And I hope they don’t let Eric die, that would be awful. Maybe the 3 of them can set up house somewhere? Thank you TB.net for all of the great columns, blogs, spoilers, shows, tweets and posts, you girls have been fantastic and I know everyone will miss you too. Fantastic work!!!

• Jen

July 18, 2014 at 5:40 pm

I am very worried about Bill dying too. Because in one of the previews you see Sookie and Jessica hugging and sobbing pretty badly. That scares the crap out of me. I am pretty sure they are going to find a cure for Eric, because they will not have everyone’s favorite character die like that. But a lot of people hate Bill, so I always worry about him. The other person they could be crying over is Jason. Which would suck too. But please not Bill!!!!!

• posh

July 19, 2014 at 2:30 am

There there Mary Kay….Mel and Liz will be around for a long time to come and be with us for other cool and interesting shows.

July 19, 2014 at 9:55 am

Thank you, Mary Kay! Toward the end of the True Blood series we will have a list of suggestions for Truebies which will include not only television shows, but books as well. Plus, we’ll keep tabs on the actors and let you know what they’ll be doing next. We’re not Motel 6, but we’ll still “keep the light on for you”!