Recap 7.7 True Blood “May Be the Last Time”

“Death comes for all of us, and your number’s up.”

This episode felt like everything was coming to a middle. There was progress in nearly every story line, but no resolutions at all. That makes sense with only three more to go, but it was frustrating. Of course, it’s probably because I’m still anxious about Eric. Is it wrong of me to want to see him as his old thousand-year-old badass self before the show ends?

The Bill/Sookie romance end-game may not happen, after all. I actually enjoyed the season one callback with Sookie in a white dress running through the cemetery to throw herself into Bill’s arms so that they could do it one last time, but the flashbacks to Bill’s romance with Caroline back in 1855 certainly suggest that Bill is going to join her in the true death — especially when Niall showed Sookie that flashback vision of Caroline giving birth, when we all know Bill and Sookie can never have babies. I really did think that Niall’s powers might be the answer for Bill, but no. And Niall doesn’t want Bill for Sookie. How about that.

The flashbacks have been somewhat tiresome, but this week’s were a bit better because Bill looked so dashing with long hair, and the CGI they did to make Stephen Moyer look younger was sort of fascinating. And I so much enjoyed Jessica and Bill day-sleeping together (love their attachment) and Dr. Ludwig’s return from season one. The True Blood Powers That Be have been doing a fine job bringing back characters for the final season. Maybe I’m getting nostalgic.

If we’re not getting a happily-ever-after romantic ending for Sookie, and it would be hard to come up with one that will satisfy most of the fans, maybe they’ll just give us happily-ever-afters for the supporting cast. They’re broadcasting loud and clear that Arlene will get hers with vampire Keith; that dancing scene in Bellefleur’s was so sweet, and I’m sure we’ll get the Hep V cure before the series ends. The Holly/Andy relationship keeps getting stronger, too; he cried in her arms.

And of course, Adilyn and Wade will be fine. I hope. The sweetness of their connection won out over that over-the-top sex toy dungeon under the watchful creepy eyes of Violet’s portrait over the mantle. As we expected, it was a trap for Jessica all along. (I loved the visual of Jessica leaping out of bed when Adilyn screamed.)

I still think they intend to give us a Jessica/Hoyt happily-ever-after, too, because Jessica is going to survive whatever happens with Violet, and Hoyt has finally arrived in Bon Temps — with his impressive, gorgeous microbiologist girlfriend, Brigette. Hoyt not remembering his best friend continues to be sad, and it was kind of Jason to lie to Hoyt about how his mother died. But what was going on with Jason and Brigette? Really? Come on, Jason. Haven’t you stolen enough of Hoyt’s girlfriends?

TrueBlood_707_006

(Seriously. Best photo ever.)

I didn’t quite get what they were doing with Sarah imagining all of her lovers telling her she was going to die tonight and deciding she herself was the Messiah. Does the antidote make you hallucinate, or did Sarah finally lose her mind? Whatever. I was so happy to see Steve Newlin again that I honestly don’t care.

Eric, Pam and Gus had better arrive in time to save Eric’s life. Even if he does have to do New Blood commercials in return.

Bits and pieces:

— Niall told Sookie that they were royalty. That wasn’t new information for the series, was it? I honestly can’t remember because it’s in the books.

— Dr. Ludwig said it wasn’t Sookie’s fae blood that was accelerating Bill’s Hep V. Maybe it has something to do with Lilith? I don’t know. Any theories? Is it just plot-fu?

— Eric killing Amber didn’t make much sense. Nor did Amber’s new devotion to her sister.

— Very little with Sam again. I’m starting to think they gave Merlotte’s to Arlene last season so that Sam could leave Bon Temps and live happily ever after somewhere else with Nicole.

— Pool table dream sex. That didn’t look comfortable.

— I hadn’t even thought of the fact that it doesn’t get dark in Alaska during the summer. No Hep V vampire problem. Just wait for winter, though.

— Jason cleaning up Violet’s rose petals with a vacuum made me laugh. I’m not sure why.

— Nothing with Tara, but we saw Lafayette and Lettie Mae digging up their old yard. Sadly, no James, too.

Quotes:

Holly: “What are you doing?”
Andy: “Calling her. Even if they don’t want to answer, teenagers can have a Pavlovian response to a ringing cell phone.”

Pam: “You want Eric to be your fucking spokesperson for your vampire Jenny Craig commercials?”
Gus: “Now I ain’t a homo, but you have to admit he is a handsome devil.”
Well, yeah.

Sookie: “There’s a miracle out there just waiting for Bill. I just have to go out there and find it.”
But Niall said the miracles were birth, love, death and forgiveness. I don’t think Bill is going to get that miracle, after all.

Hoyt: “God, what I wouldn’t give for one more guilt trip.”

Niall: “There’s magic in the ordinary, Sook.”

Holly: “You listen to me, Sheriff. This story’s gonna have a happy ending for us, okay?”
Yes, I’m pretty sure it will.

I was hoping for more resolution, but I’m sure we’ll get plenty of that in the final three episodes. Two out of four graves,

Billie Doux

Billie Doux is the founder of Doux Reviews and has been reviewing her favorite shows for a ridiculously long time. More Billie Doux.

I'm a hopeless sci-fi geek and huge fan of shows like True Blood, Lost, and Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I write episode reviews and articles about many of the shows that I love. All of my reviews are at DouxReviews.com

1. Elizabeth

August 4, 2014 at 12:04 pm

Crazy thought, but during the Niall scene with Sookie (childbirth flashback) and Sookie’s strong reaction, made me wonder if possibly Sookie was a reincarnated Compton – maybe Sarah (would explain them finding their way back to each other) or maybe even Bill’s daughter (gross, but might explain why Niall objects to them being together?) I think it could go either way with Bill and Sookie ending up together. But now with Nicole out of the picture, I could also see Sookie ending up with Sam – even though that would just be weird.

I think Eric will survive, and will find love before the end of the season. I had hoped it would be Sookie, but I know it won’t be (DARN those writers!). I think Eric and Sylvie will be reunited. I think she will appear as a vampire before the season ends, why else would they have even brought her into the storyline? Eric saw her get stabbed, but does Eric know for sure she’s dead and gone? If not Sylvie, then maybe it will be Pam (I actually CAN see them together as a couple – I think Pam has always been in love with Eric.) I think Eric will get a happy ending.

• candice

August 4, 2014 at 4:53 pm

Elizabeth-you have a great imagination, I never would have thought of those possibilities. Girl, you should be a writer for TB!

• Tracy

August 5, 2014 at 9:34 am

I also don’t get all the folks trying to pair up Eric with Pam. That is not their relationship. I hope they don’t miraculously find Sylvie for Eric, either. That would be a cheap send off for such a great character.

I just wish he would stop pining over Sookie. It’s painful to see him sad over someone who doesn’t care about him like that. I had high hopes for him and Willa. I’m still hoping for that. LOL

August 5, 2014 at 10:01 am

I haven’t seen Eric “pining” for Sookie at all this season so far, so I don’t know what you mean. He’s not sad over someone who doesn’t care about him, he’s sad because he wasn’t able to save his sister, sad because Godric is no longer around, sad because no matter how strong he is it’s not enough to keep the people that he loved safe. And now he’s sick. He hasn’t pined for Sookie even once.

• Tracy

August 5, 2014 at 10:16 am

You really don’t see it when he’s looking at Sookie’s face, or holding her? How he does that trademark slow gulp when he looks at her? He’s looking at her with longing in my opinion.

I know you’re probably thinking that I’m seeing what I want to see, but I think you are too if you don’t see that. LOL Maybe you know something that I don’t, but I’ve been watching the show and reading the books for years and I’m not just a casual viewer. No disrepect meant, truly, but I am shocked that you don’t get that Eric is still pining for Sookie. The look in his eyes, the mannerisms he always shows around her?

August 6, 2014 at 12:02 pm

I saw his look of affection and love when he saved Sookie’s life. Then he left and I haven’t seen a single ‘pine’. Not just a casual viewer either.

• Tracy

August 6, 2014 at 10:43 pm

Perhaps I should back up. No, they don’t show Eric sitting around looking sad faced because he misses Sookie. When I said I want him to stop pining for her, I meant at the end of the show, like for his final scene. I want him to be satisfied with his life and not regretting what he won’t have, meaning Sookie. I want him over her.

I’m not exactly getting a welcoming feeling from you, Liz. LOL I take it you don’t care for my point of view on much of anything.

• Robyn O'Mahony

February 3, 2015 at 6:27 am

Now that the show is over, were you happy with how it ended? I’m the same as you and hoped Eric would have a romantic ending! Willa or Sookie, but it was neither! Was a little disappointed by that actually.

2. Sarah

August 4, 2014 at 12:35 pm

As I said in the last recap post – I still don’t understand why Andy and Holly didn’t reach the kids first. They left when it was still daylight and it looked like full dark when Violet arrived. Oh well.. maybe I don’t realize how far away the Fort is.

I hope you’re right about Jessica surviving whatever Violet has planned. The preview looks really scary.. Are you going by scenes shown in trailers or something, and you know they take place later ? I don’t mind being spoiled ! I personally don’t think Wade will survive it, though.

• BillieDoux

August 4, 2014 at 12:39 pm

Sarah, I have no idea what will happen because I avoid spoilers. I just think that Jessica is such a popular character, plus she is essentially Bill’s child, and for those reasons, the True Blood powers that be won’t dare to kill her off.

August 4, 2014 at 2:31 pm

Violet went after the kids the night before Andy and Holly did.

• Sarah

August 4, 2014 at 4:18 pm

Wow, really ? I guess they totally lost me there !

3. Tracy

August 4, 2014 at 2:15 pm

These Bill flashbacks are killing the episodes. I honestly don’t think they’ve ever been worth it, except for Ginger’s, and Bill’s when he met the Authority for the first time. Ginger’s were funny and that Bill one in London was gritty. All the time-period pieces were full of distracting clothes and horrible accents. Once a season, fine, but there have just been too many Bill flashbacks. Yes, we get it – he’s not all bad. But it’s overkill at this point, and I don’t know what the purpose is. I pray there is one.

• Traci West

August 4, 2014 at 7:36 pm

I just got done reading the latest TV Guide; it has an article about the series finale for True Blood. The producer explained that the reason why they did so many flashbacks involving Bill was because his character needed to be rehabilitated after the events of last season. He said Bill needed to once again become the Bill the fans fell in love with at the beginning of the series.

• Tracy

August 4, 2014 at 8:50 pm

Well, that’s not working. LOL If they wanted people to love Bill like they did at the beginning they should have never introduced Eric.

• candice

August 4, 2014 at 9:49 pm

Thats an interesting idea, Tracy, but I think what made ppl ‘fall out of love’ with Bill was when Sookie learned of his dossier of her family and all of the other lies he told her such as the real reason he met her that night at Merlottes(he was sent by the queen to procure her), especially because the lies reinforced the idea that Sookie was a thing to be protected, an idea which Sookie resisted quite strongly. Then he became King by killing Sophie Anne, and turned into a bit of a beaurocrat. Bill just turns people off on his own, he doesnt need Eric around to do that, lol.

• Tracy

August 5, 2014 at 9:39 am

Oh, I agree totally. LOL But I am saying that the character of Bill has been totally eclipsed in popularity by the character of Eric, and nothing they can write for Bill can overcome that. If they had an overall arc for the show to have Bill be the romantic hero in the end (which I doubt), they should not have taken liberally from the books. Charlaine created a fantastic character in Eric that really grabbed people’s attention and admiration. Bill can’t hold a candle to that, no matter how much they have Sookie go back to him. Or show what a decent person he was as a human. LOL

4. Tracy

August 4, 2014 at 2:17 pm

I’m really disappointed with the slow pacing, too. Everything is getting drawn out, except for Sookie’s grieving. Didn’t she just lose Alcide a couple of days ago? But now she’s screwing Bill. Pretty pathetic.

August 4, 2014 at 2:30 pm

Sookie thinks Bill is dying. Grief makes you do things you wouldn’t do otherwise.

• Jen

August 8, 2014 at 4:26 pm

Speaking to Entertainment Weekly, the episode’s writer Craig Chester had the following to say about how the story came together, and the connections between this and one of the series’ first episodes:

“A lot of discussion went into that scene, which I think some people have been waiting for for a very long time and others have maybe not. [Laughs] We did shoot, shot-for-shot, Sookie running to Bill’s house in a white dress, so it is literally a callback to episode six of season 1. But one of the things that we talked about is that these are two very different people now that are reconnecting, who obviously have this deep love for each other. It’s loaded with this history between them. That was something that Anna [Paquin] and Stephen [Moyer] beautifully conveyed, having played these characters for so long and knowing exactly where they’re at as they rekindle their feelings for each other.”

• Traci West

August 4, 2014 at 6:36 pm

I found it interesting that Sookie hardly cried when Tara, her sister in all but blood, and Alcide were killed, but realizing she had infected Bill with Hep-V was what finally released the waterworks.

• candice

August 4, 2014 at 6:48 pm

Sookie has an amazing capacity to make her relationship with Bill her reason for living. Every conversation, every action, etc. See season 3, when Tara and Sookie were putting a wrapped up Bill(after Lorena tortured him) in Alcides truck, and Tara told her Bill left her to die in Russells mansion, and they should leave Bill to die, what did Sookie say? Two wrongs dont make a right. She actually said that. No pain is greater than hers when it comes to her relat with Bill.

• Tracy

August 4, 2014 at 8:58 pm

I know. It’s soooo frustrating. Her character has had no growth. I didn’t like the way the books ended but at least you could say she finally owned up to what she wanted and how she truly felt about the vampires and her life in their world.

I read a lot of comments from viewers fed up with Sookie’s choices. It’s sad, because she’s supposed to be the center of the show. People are supposed to LIKE Sookie. LOL Too many don’t.

August 4, 2014 at 9:11 pm

I’ve seen a tremendous amount of growth from Sookie both in the show and in the books, which Liz and I have discussed on our podcast and in various comment threads over the years. She’s not perfect, but she does learn from her mistakes. Maybe not in the timeframe some would prefer, but in the end, she does. Those that don’t wish to see or acknowledge her character development, so be it.

• candice

August 4, 2014 at 10:02 pm

I think the past 4 seasons have been Sookie accepting her feelings that although she may love these guys, she cant be with them in relationships, but bless her for trying.
            The ability of the writers to show consistensy with Sookies character is something I appreciate. Sookie may be passionate in general about the people she loves, but Bill was her first boyfriend, first lover, first introduction to the dark world of vampires. This connection means their relationship will trump any other concern. Its annoying, but at least the writers were true to the passionate nature of Sookie Stackhouse, and I am thankful for that. Sookie was a social reject all her life, so the first person to open the window into the world of adult sex as well as other social rejects such as vamps made her feel less alone, thats a powerful draw, and Sookie fought with all she had for their relationhsip.

• amy Cooper

August 5, 2014 at 9:13 am

Being a widow myself I relate to both Arlene and Sookie’s reactions. Where I did not make love to old boyfriend after my husband passed, I certainly understand and had Sookie’s emotions. A person wants to be held and loved at a time like that and throw in the fact that Bill is dying I would react the same way. As a character Sookie has had way too many losses and if it happened to any of us we would be in a locked psych ward.

• Tracy

August 5, 2014 at 9:53 am

No, I don’t see how going back (even briefly) to a person who has caused you so much pain and grief and has been proven to be a liar and a danger to yourself is growth, sorry. LOL She continues to make rash, boneheaded decisions in the name of ‘love’ or loyalty. She’s courageous. She stands up for what she believes in no matter what others say, sure. She’s got some admirable qualities of course, and I’d want Sookie to have my back if I were going into a dangerous situation. But if Sookie were a girlfriend of any of ours, we’d be just as fed up with her as ALL of the characters have been in the show at one point or another. LOL What mistake has she made that she’s learned from? On the show only, not the books. Seriously, cause I can’t think of any since they keep on having her not being able to give up Bill.

• Rina

August 4, 2014 at 9:57 pm

Sex is the way that Sookie had been dealing with pain and grief since S1. She had sex with Bill after Gran died. She had sex with Eric after learning about Bill’s betrayal. She had sex with Warlow after finding out the truth about her parents. Now she’s having sex again with Bill to deal with the pain over losing Tara, Alcide, and him. Please remember that these three events only happened over the course of maybe 5 days for Sookie while for us it’s been 7 weeks. At this point, Sookie consolidated all her pain and grief into one desperate screw.

5. Tracy

August 4, 2014 at 2:36 pm

Does anyone know if Willa is done in the show? I had high hopes for her character this season.

August 4, 2014 at 2:39 pm

She’ll be back, and she’ll be partnering with another character to get some stuff done. [/vague spoilers]

• Tracy

August 4, 2014 at 2:42 pm

Yay!

6. Laney

August 4, 2014 at 4:05 pm

I still believe that Bill is going to survive this somehow but then again I didn’t believe that Tara was really dead so I could very easily be wrong. One teeny correction Billie. Dr. Ludwig appeared in season 2, not 1. She was the doctor who Eric called in to Fangtasia to help Sookie after she was attacked by the Manead.
    I am a bit bummed out that we got so little Niall. I hope he comes back to help save the day.
    I think the attraction Jason has to Hoyt’s girl friend may be setting up a way for Jason to have a romance with someone while Hoyt and Jessica reconnect.
    I think Bills condition probably has more to to with Sookie being Face then Lillith. The Lillith influence was gone after all the vampire drank from him last season.

7. andrea

August 4, 2014 at 4:47 pm

I have to disagree with you Billie about the quality of the final scene between Sookie and Bill. It just didn’t sound or looked right, quite disturbing indeed that they felt obliged to shoot the exact moments from season 1 again !! The comparison between season 1 and season 7 Sookie/Bill first and last sex scenes just shows how the quality of TB as evolved since then …

But I enjoyed seeing Rudger Hauer, he is a great actor and it is always a treat whatever he plays in, even just eating spagettis !!
    Also happy to see Dr Ludvik again ..over the years, we had so many good actors playing small parts with great commitment on this show. We should not forget them in our goodbyes, maybee a special article on TB Net with recap and photos ?? That would be a nice tribute to them …

August 4, 2014 at 5:25 pm

Actually, I believe the intent was to compare the emotional path that these two have been on since season 1. Falling in love compared to saying goodbye. As to the quality of the show since season 1, yes I agree – it’s gotten progressively better!

8. candice

August 4, 2014 at 5:07 pm

Andrea, I agree with you in part about the recreated season 1 scenes. I think it is tricky, to try to make the viewer feel nostalgia and fuzzy by bringing back earlier characters, scenes, etc, but I really liked how they did this in this episode. I thought last season, when Sookie asked Maxine Fort how Hoyt was doing, that seemed out of place and was too obvious to be effetive (just my opinion!). But I loved how they did it this episode.
    Its interesting how two dif people can have such different reactions to the same scene!

• Tracy

August 4, 2014 at 9:07 pm

He said “He ***** didn’t!”, showing their disbelief (and belief) that Gus had gone against his word to Eric. Luckily, he actually didn’t. LOL

• candice

August 4, 2014 at 9:35 pm

ah, ok, thank you. i have momentary brain farts, i miss a few things sometimes 🙂

August 4, 2014 at 9:37 pm

I thought Mr. Gus had betrayed them, too. Good fakeout, TB. 🙂

9. candice

August 4, 2014 at 5:55 pm

When Eric staked Sarahs sister, he was covered in antidote…do they have to drink directly from Sarah or will any blood with antidote in it suffice? Also, I think I missed something, what did Eric mean when he woke up Pam (popping fang Pam is awesome!) and they looked through the house and he said “He f ‘ing did it”?

Lettie Mae with a shovel—even ten seconds of it makes me happy. I also loved the scenes with Dr Ludwig, especiallyt when she peaced out after learning who Sookies grandfather was.

There were some really good scenes this episode. Is there meaning behind all the scenes with bright sunny, windy, beautiful days, is it releated to Sookies fairyness? Even Sarah had an overhead shot in the LODI field showing her long shadow on a sunny day (LongShadow, yes I see it!).

10. candice

August 4, 2014 at 6:16 pm

Did I imagine this, or was Hoyts girlfriend giving Stackhouse the eye? You go to your bf’s hometown to put his dead mother to rest, and you do that kind of thing? Hus sy.

11. Delorise

August 4, 2014 at 6:44 pm

This episode felt slow and frustrating to me… It felt like each plot line only scooted a tiny bit forward. I love it all though! Niall’s part was a little disappointing. He mooched some spaghetti, showed Sookie one of Bill’s (or nature’s) memories, spouted some psychofairybabble, and then told her he couldn’t help? What was the point of any of that?
    I also was wondering about Amber’s blood. Isn’t it possible, the way vampire blood works, that her blood could have been a cure then too?
    I wonder if all the wind means a storm is gathering…
    I’m so excited about the rest of the season! I haven’t been this in love with a television show since I was 16 and stayed up late for all the reruns of ST:TNG!

12. candice

August 4, 2014 at 6:58 pm

I particularly enjoy a good personality crisis or emotional breakdown of a character, and loved Sarahs dream with Steve, Jason, and the guru. My favorite was Steve saying Which is why this is a way better deal! as if to say, see, you can die and nothing happens, bo-ring!! or you can come to a magic world of floating on clouds and hanging out with a groovy king and flying and candy and puppies forever! That was great.

13. candice

August 4, 2014 at 7:37 pm

Lettie Mae and Sarah have a similar ability to change their identities as a means of self preservation. Im interested to see their storylines unfold this season.

14. Rina

August 4, 2014 at 9:48 pm

Actually, I thought that Dr. Ludwig confirmed that it WAS Sookie’s fae blood that was making Bill’s He-V progress so quickly. She said it happened to another vampire with a Hep-V positive fairy lover. (I guess there are still some fae left around on Earth. Warlow didn’t eat them all.) I think because of Sookie’s royal lineage, the progression of disease is especially aggressive.

I hope we will get some answers as to the purpose of Bill’s flashbacks. As far as I can tell, they are only presented because Bill has absolutely nothing to do. He’d been in limbo since the fight at Fangtasia. I guess the writers couldn’t think of one last great adventure for him–like maybe helping develop the Hep-V cure and fulfilling Lilith’s prophecy of being the savior of vampirekind. I am afraid to imagine what will happen if this task is left entirely up to Eric.

• amy Cooper

August 5, 2014 at 9:30 am

My thoughts are that with the flash backs Bill is making peace with his life and preparing for death. I think that there is a longing for his previous human life and that he would like to join his family in a after life. He tried as a vampire to re-create his family with Jessica and Sookie but it’s not the same. Bill is returning to his first love, his family.

15. candice

August 4, 2014 at 10:33 pm

Dont know if anyone is as nerdy as I am, and enjoy this kind of thing, but I found a web site with links to some of the clothes from the show, its call shopyourtv dot com
    even has Pams purple gown!

16. summerfree

August 5, 2014 at 12:47 am

From the previews to the upcoming episodes…Sookie is rocking a baby in a chair in the Sun and has a male walking behind her. The man is not short, therefore cannot be Bill…it looks like Eric. The male is light skinned and Tall. I don’t care where the plot goes, but it is a little messed up that Alcide got shot in the head considering the couple of times he saved Sookie from getting herself killed. Sookie having sex with Bill when he is all Hep V out is pretty nasty…really. Who would do that? Also, Tara’s little story better be good too, because she also saved Sookie a lot (from Russel’s house/took a bullet to her head/turned vampire)to not give her the applause that she deserves. Just saying…Sookie what cha going to do about the situation?

17. Deborah

August 5, 2014 at 11:41 pm

I have a question. In one of her interviews, Anna Paquin mentions having to go back and wear her infamous white dress again for some recent reshoots and joking about the fact that it didn’t fit her anymore. I remember in one of the earlier promos they showed her holding the dress up in front of the mirror but not wearing it. I also don’t remember seeing that scene in any of the episodes yet. Does anyone have any theories on that? That white dress is very significant to only one vampire……

August 6, 2014 at 12:12 pm

There are two possible white dresses: the one she wore in this episode, when she ran over to Bill’s house, and the one in episode 7.01, during the flashback to Bill and Sookie’s first “this is not a date” date. I think the latter is what Anna was referring to in the interview with Seth Meyers. Because it was a flashback, they had to recreate everything EXACTLY as it appeared in a scene filmed 6.5 years ago. The scene with her running to Bill’s house in 7.07, although a recreation of one from episode 1.06, wasn’t a flashback, so that elaborate “rigging” wasn’t necessary.

18. summerfree

August 8, 2014 at 12:37 pm

I agree some what with Tracy. When Eric is around Sookie, he does have the longing in his eyes, I did notice that. However, when he is talking about his past, I agree with Liz. All the people around Eric have left him, except for Pam. He told Pam that he has only cared for a few people, which included Sookie. It kills him deep inside, that he cannot be with Sookie (those longing eyes)—so he must move on. Why try and beg for Sookie, when she cut him off like nothing happened? She cut off his 1000 year old balls off even though he gave himself to her. So, really Sookie does not deserve Eric and Bill does not deserve Sookie.