SPOILERS: Arlene’s Happy Ending, Bill’s Mortality and “Highly Anticipated Sex”

Speculation about the final episodes of True Blood are running rampant, but actual intel has been scarce. In this week’s spoiler column, TVLine has a couple of tantalizing tidbits for us to chew on:

Question: Any intel about Arlene and Keith from True Blood? They are adorable together and I can’t get enough of them. —Lily
Ausiello: Not everyone will get a happy ending on True Blood, Lily, but I think it’s safe to say that Arlene and Keith will be among the lucky few. Though we’re not going to get another pool table scene, this Sunday’s episode does show the effect Arlene’s relationship with Keith is having on her. (Spoiler Alert: She’s a very happy woman.)

Question: Anything juicy on the remaining episodes of True Blood‘s final season? —Bookworm
Ausiello: “Juicy,” eh, Bookworm? How about one of the most highly anticipated sex scenes in True Blood history finally coming to fruition? Is that “juicy” enough for ya?

It sounds like Arlene and Keith are bound for a happy ending. She deserves one!

Now about that “highly anticipated sex” scene…we already knew a “juicy” sex scene was coming in episode 7.09, but between whom? Hoyt and Jessica wouldn’t be considered “highly anticipated” because we didn’t know he’d be back. It has to be Eric and Sookie, right? I can’t think of any other characters who fans have been rooting for as intensely as those two reuniting.

Updated: TV Guide’s Mega Buzz also has some information for us.

Bill can’t die! I know everyone does on True Blood, but please tell me that he takes the cure. — Andrea
With only two episodes to go, there are a lot of narrative threads to tie up, including the issue of Bill’s mortality. I will only say this: At least one original cast member will say goodbye for good this week. In possibly related news, a longstanding love triangle will be resolved and you’ll see one of the show’s weirdest — and funniest — sex scenes between a long-unrequited pair.

Hmmm…”one original cast member will say goodbye for good” doesn’t necessarily mean he or she dies. Although this is worded to sound like it’s about Bill, it could very likely refer to Sam leaving Bon Temps. If that happens, I will be sad. 🙁

The “longstanding love triangle” could be Hoyt/Jessica/Jason finally being resolved. (If you watched our podcast, you heard me speculate that the punch we see Hoyt throw at Jason in the preview for 7.09 is because Hoyt remembers his past in Bon Temps.)

And the weird, funny sex scene – what if that’s Ginger finally getting her shot at Eric? “Long-unrequited” means one person wasn’t receptive to the relationship and it was never consummated; that sounds more like Ginger and Eric than Sookie and Eric.

1. Rina

August 12, 2014 at 7:20 pm

I got to stop reading these spoilers. They just spoil things for me. No offense.

August 12, 2014 at 7:25 pm

Well, I mean, that’s right in the word itself – “spoilers”. 😀

• Julia

August 19, 2014 at 7:59 pm

I was hoping New Blood would be the name of a new show, guess not. I do think the cure also cures vampirism and ultimately the vampires will become human and no vampires will exist….until the new show, True Blood! Ginger/Eric sex for sure, Sam leaves and yep, Bill takes the cure and turns human and he and Sookie have a child. Eric and Pam open a strip club.

August 20, 2014 at 11:15 am

If the cure also cured vampirism then Eric would be human right now, but he’s not. I know. I’m a Debbie Downer, right? :-/ Sorry!

• Julia

August 20, 2014 at 7:16 pm

I think it will take a little bit of time for them to become human and I’m holding on to that for Bill and Sookie. Not sure Eric would be as commanding as a mere mortal.

2. Ashley

August 12, 2014 at 7:36 pm

I’m pretty sure it’s eric and ginger! I saw someone post a pic of it on Instagram and oh boy does it look funny and awkward!!

• andrea

August 13, 2014 at 2:37 pm

It’s Eric and Ginger for sure but it’s not a real sex scene …it’s meant to be funny not sexy.
      I am looking forward for this other spoiler saying that we would be very happy seeing Eric naked again …obviously not the scene with Ginger. This will make us only LOL.
      Since Sookie is making her goodbyes to all her former lovers, I imagine there is a final Eric/Sookie encounter before the show ends. Eric will have to go away to Japan for the “New Blood” production business for sure.
      That’s what the writers are heading for to get him out of the picture.

• dee david

August 13, 2014 at 5:59 pm

What about a love scene between Sookie and Sam. That’s how the book ended with Sookie and Same together!! Maybe Sam’s choice will be to stay in Bon Temps and remember he has loved Sookie from the very beginning. Does this sound plausible?

August 13, 2014 at 6:11 pm

But are Sookie/Sam “highly anticipated”? Even I, the original Sookie/Sam fan, never thought they had a real shot on the show, so I haven’t been anticipating them together.

3. Maricri

August 12, 2014 at 7:44 pm

Eric and Sookie doing it looks weird to me, at this point. I’m thinking about a sex scene between James and Lafayette.
    And the one who leaves the show has to be Sam. Leaked synopsis says that he finally makes a decision, so I think he will leave Bon Temps with Nicole.

August 12, 2014 at 9:27 pm

We’ve already seen James and Lafayette together, and that relationship definitely not “unrequited” nor “long-anticipated”.

Also, that’s not a “leaked synopsis”, it’s the official HBO episode description.

4. Noelle

August 12, 2014 at 7:48 pm

Any thoughts on whether the “long-awaited” sex scene and the “weird and funny”sex scene are separate scenes? If the long-awaited scene does refer to sookie and eric, I can’t imagine that it would be weird and funny. However, what triangle has ginger been apart of?

5. shelia cutts

August 12, 2014 at 7:59 pm

Sookie did have. Sex dream of bill &Eric with her she was wearing red I think!

6. Sol

August 12, 2014 at 8:03 pm

hate to say it but long unrequited could also be Sookie and Sam
    I really hope thats not the case

• Maricri

August 12, 2014 at 8:10 pm

Don’t worry about it, Sol. That’s not gonna happen 😉
      I’m pretty sure we are going to see Eric and Ginger, but it would just be a funny scene.

August 12, 2014 at 9:26 pm

I don’t think so. They’re relationship has always been more friends than romance on the show; it wasn’t developed the way it was in the books.

7. Sol

August 12, 2014 at 8:07 pm

also let;s not forget both Sookie and Ginger have Hep-V

August 12, 2014 at 9:25 pm

Since when does Ginger have Hep-V?

• Sol

August 12, 2014 at 9:36 pm

episode 5 she told Eric

August 12, 2014 at 9:57 pm

Ah, I’d forgotten.

• andrea

August 14, 2014 at 6:35 pm

it’s actually the other way around : Eric tells Ginger that he cannot obliged her since HE has Hep-V. Now that he is cured, she is going to claim her due … and it will be fun to watch !!

8. Lidia

August 12, 2014 at 8:13 pm

Its got to be Eric & Ginger and it’s going to be hilarious!

• Noelle

August 12, 2014 at 8:28 pm

Oh I bet eric gives her his blood for some reason and ginger dreams of finally getting some Viking action haha. That’s my guess!

• andrea

August 14, 2014 at 6:39 pm

No, it happens for real, just not the usual way …

9. esw45

August 12, 2014 at 8:49 pm

I have seen pics of eric and ginger having a sex scene and eric has on his clothes and ginger does too…looks funny and crazy….the most anticipated sex scene in true blood history is real non amnesiac Eric and Sookie having sex …but I am not sure they will ever have that

10. sookieeleana

August 13, 2014 at 2:10 am

The sex scene will be Eric & Ginger no doubt about that. I just hope they make it funny, then it could be good I suppose? I was hoping for one more Eric/Sookie love scene but I guess we have run out of time now 🙁

Sam will leave with Nicole.

Bill’s mortality question will be answered when he becomes human unfortunately if what we have been spoiled with is true. Horrible ending but looking more and more likely to be true.

11. Aeo

August 13, 2014 at 11:42 am

How about Eric and Pam finally?

12. Aeo

August 13, 2014 at 12:28 pm

BTW I think there must be reason for recurring featuring of Eric having to make a choice: Pam or that French girl, Pam or Newme Sarah, maybe finally Pam or Sookie, Pam or Newme Sarah again. Pam or Ginger sounds rather awkward. And not to forget the mentioning of Eric being in a dilemma as anounced.

13. Sarah

August 13, 2014 at 1:17 pm

Umm, what fan has “long awaited” a sex scene between Eric and Ginger? That seems weird and gross to me. It has to be Sookie and Eric. Yes, they have had sex but Eric was practically a zombie version of himself. That’s what I’m hoping for. A little Eric/Sookie flight at night and some evening delight : )

August 13, 2014 at 2:26 pm

Sarah, it says “long-unrequited”, which is a totally different meaning and doesn’t involve the fans.

• Noelle

August 13, 2014 at 6:49 pm

I think Sarah was referring to the “highly anticipated” comment in the first interview…eric and ginger would be hilarious and long-unrequited, but definitely not highly anticipated…that’s why im hoping that the two descriptions are referring to separate scenes, but I kind of think the highly anticipated statement might just have been poor wording

• Sarah

August 13, 2014 at 7:10 pm

Thanks, Noelle and Mel for the long-unrequited clarification. Yes, highly anticipated and long unrequited are two different things. It’s just…there is so little TB time left and the idea of that being spent with some sort of Ginger-Northman sex bugs me.

• Noelle

August 13, 2014 at 7:47 pm

I totally agree Sarah.I think the only person dying for an eric-ginger sex scene in the show’s final episodes would be the actress playing ginger haha

August 13, 2014 at 11:26 pm

Hey Sarah, totally off-topic, but I can see your full email address from the Admin dashboard and had to ask: are you related to Nancy (same last name) from East Central Kansas?

14. Aeo

August 13, 2014 at 3:44 pm

Anyway. I think Niall’s life lesson is pretty much a good synopsis of what will happen (and already happened) in the remaining episodes: Life is a mystery, birth is a miracle, love is a miracle, death is miracle…

15. Aeo

August 13, 2014 at 3:47 pm

However, my 50cents and hopes for the last two episodes as perfect endings:

Let Arlene get healed and jump into a relationship with considerate Keith!

16. Aeo

August 13, 2014 at 3:48 pm

Let Sam leave with Nicole and let us get a peek on what kind of hybrid shifter kid they are about to raise! Maybe let Grandma Wolf return with Emma for a short visit and resurrected Tommy gets coined on the new child (or was that another movie storyline?)

17. Aeo

August 13, 2014 at 3:48 pm

Let Holly and Andy get married! And Andy becoming Mayor of Bon Temps! And as a surprise party guest let reincarnated Mary Ann Forrester return for a little orgy, maybe with her new husband Russell. (Wade and little Ady Fairy might like that)

Let Tara rest in peace!

18. Aeo

August 13, 2014 at 3:52 pm

Let Newme Sarah commit suicide in total mental despair (of course only after enough blood has been synthesized and produced to safe vampirekind) and have her butt kicked around between Steve in heaven, Truman in hell and Baba Whoever in Nirvana!

19. Aeo

August 13, 2014 at 3:53 pm

Lets forget about Lettie Mae and the Reverend!

20. Aeo

August 13, 2014 at 3:54 pm

Let Lafayette and James become happy! Maybe take another “trip” to the otherworld and have a menage a trois with Jesus!

21. Aeo

August 13, 2014 at 3:55 pm

Let Jessica and Hoyt fall in love again as if it was the first time. No need to bring up the past again. It happens that people and/or dead things fall in love for several times anew again and again.

Let Jason get Bridget (she doesn’t seem too bright a microbiologist anyway). Both of them want kids apparently. They kind of match and both are cute. Jason then replaces Andy as Sheriff of Bon Temps.

22. Aeo

August 13, 2014 at 3:55 pm

Let Eric and Pam finally realize they are practically a married couple already since 81 years. They match and as I remember, Eric released Pam from being his progeny a long time ago. So she is with him on her free will. Let them then become Billionaires selling NuBlood with or without Yakonomo (However I kind of like Gus jr. and his Japanese adaptation of Southern US life and speech) and handover Fangtasia to either Sookie as her own business (the Stackhouse pub and bar or lonely hearts club) or Ginger, who both of them adopt.

23. Aeo

August 13, 2014 at 3:56 pm

Let Bill finally die and return home to his wife in the afterlife. (And spare us those flashbacks again and again)!

Let Sookie finally return to faerie or ride off with a perfect stranger who could be a demon in a black limousine or the devil himself toward sunrise in the last scene of the show!

24. Liz F.

August 14, 2014 at 4:03 pm

I wonder if it’s Hoyt they’re referring to as the original cast member who says goodbye for good this week. “For good” suggests that the character has already said goodbye once before. Then, the following sentence says, “in possibly related news,” a long-time love triangle will be resolved. That would be an A to B situation with Hoyt leaving, thus, resolving the Jess-Hoyt-Jason triangle.

Who knows? It looks like Sam will be leaving town too.

The weird sex scene is probably Ginger and Eric, but from the pics, it looks less like sex and more like brief rubbing (fully clothed) with Ginger then collapsing on the floor. Eric looks like he’s playing a boring movie in his head. Silly, not juicy.

25. Delorise

August 16, 2014 at 11:11 am

What if Ginger does something heroic but fatal and as she’s dying Eric kindly glamours her into believing they finally had a wild, passionate encounter…?

26. Sarah

August 16, 2014 at 3:50 pm

@Mel–Even though I don’t know her, I probably am. My grandfather was into genealogy in his retirement. Because my last name is relatively uncommon, he believed that we were all somehow related. I have a bunch of his research, I’ll check it out! She maybe one of my grandfathers siblings grandkids or something comparable.