True Blood Radio 229: “Almost Home”

Bill’s big decision, Eric’s triumphant return, Tara’s finally at peace, Hoyt’s heroism, and Violet’s demise – we had a lot to discuss in this week’s podcast. Join us as we break down “Almost Home” and speculate about the final two episodes of True Blood.

1. Antonella

August 13, 2014 at 2:26 am

Hello!
    Great podcast as usual, ladies.

I loved episode 8, it was really surprising once again. It’s really becoming hard to speculate on what it will happen because everything is so unpredictable. However I presume that Eric only seemed to agree with Mr Gus plan but in reality he has a different one. When Mr Gus explained what he wants to do with New Blood, there was a strange expression on Eric’s face or maybe this is what I saw.
    Eric is a business man but still a vampire and perhaps he doesn’t like the idea that the new blood is not intended as a cure but as something to make vampires addicted.

August 13, 2014 at 9:17 am

I kind of think the way you do too, Antonella. It feels as if Eric has a plan of his own. Or at least he;s working on one.

2. Crystal

August 13, 2014 at 5:28 pm

this weeks episode of true blood was really awesome except for the fact that Bill refused the cure. I was like “Noooo!!!!”. i don’t want him to die. it doesn’t matter to me who Sookie ends up with, and i don’t think it will be Eric or Bill because i don’t think it would be believable since she is still grieving for Alcide. This thing with Bill was a good-bye more than anything else. Afterwards she asked the things she needed to know about from their past and queen Sophie.

I actually read that post-mortem you mentioned and i was thinking about the comment that this was the first time Sookie had to pretend she was glamoured. which isn’t exactly accurate to me. what about when they caught Russel Edgington? Bill “glamoured her” and yes that time she didn’t say anything and she just looked like her mind was wiped clean and this time she actually played along.

I think that was all i had to say. thanks for posting this. I will miss True Blood.

3. Laney

August 13, 2014 at 5:30 pm

Great Podcast ladies as usual and thanks for the shoutout! ! I do hope my theory turns out to have some merit although Im not 100 percent convinced that Bill will make it out alive. The comparison to the silver poisoning storyline may wind up being wishful thinking on my part but I will still hold out some hope
    The reason that ” To Love Is To Die ” sounds so familiar is because there was an episode titled “To Love Is To Bury”
    I am also feeling like my head will explode if I continue to speculate on everything. So many possibilities so little time. Im going to try to just relax and enjoy the rest of this ride and not hold on stubbornly to how I think things should end. This way I can be happy with whatever happens.
    By the way I totally agree that the way things ended in the books made perfect sense. I was very happy with how things went although I was sad that in the end Sookie and Eric parted with so much bitterness between them.

4. posh

August 13, 2014 at 11:30 pm

I agree.. enjoy the show while it last and I am glad it is coming to an end. It could have ended 2 seasons ago. Eric and Pam are alive and together. The rest is just a formality I think.
    Could you lovely ladies post a vote on who was the best villian of all time on TB? I would sooo vote for Russel Edgington then would come Lorena!

5. syydiana

August 16, 2014 at 2:24 am

The only think I can speculate on is that if I put myself in Mr. Northman’s position I would be thinking Hostel Takeover of New Blood. Or maybe putting a vile away for safe keeping. After all what’s wrong with a little competition.
    I think it’s starting to really sink in for me that it’s almost over. I’m going to miss True Blood and this show… I’ll have to ween myself off slowly from this addiction…LOL I think I will start by re-reading the books 🙂 Thanks Ladies for being a big part of this TB journey.