SPOILERS: True Blood Series Finale Official Description

And here it is, the final True Blood episode description ever.

I’ll give you a moment to compose yourselves.

*sniffle*

HBO has released the official synopsis for True Blood episode 7.10, “Thank You”.

Sookie (Anna Paquin) weighs a future with and without Bill (Stephen Moyer). Eric (Alexander Skarsgård) and Pam (Kristin Bauer van Straten) struggle with their uncomfortable partnership with Mr. Gus (Will Yun Lee). Sam (Sam Trammell) makes a choice, while Andy (Chris Bauer) comes upon an unexpected inheritance.

Written by Brian Buckner; directed by Scott Winant.

First, didn’t Sam already “make a choice” in episode 7.09? How many choices does the man have to make?!?

Sookie debates a future “with and without Bill”…so he survives until the finale, at least.

The Eric/Pam line doesn’t give us much to work with at all.

Andy’s inheritance has to come from Bill, right? Bill is Andy’s great-great-great-grandfather.

“Thank You” airs Sunday, August 24 at 9/8c on HBO.

1. Sylvie

August 13, 2014 at 12:03 pm

“Andy (Chris Bauer) comes upon an unexpected inheritance” So, Bill dies in the finale… Interesting!
    I have the feeling Sookie will end up alone… But better alone than with Bill or Sam. #TeamEric

August 13, 2014 at 2:19 pm

It does not say that Bill dies in the finale.

2. Noelle

August 13, 2014 at 1:07 pm

Other than the Andy inheritance comment, this could basically double as a re-worded description for episode 7.09 haha.

August 13, 2014 at 6:08 pm

I know, right? I was getting deja vu reading it.

3. Noelle

August 13, 2014 at 1:10 pm

This is my prediction: bill somehow becomes human and dies a human death, allowing him to reunite with his family and allowing him to pass on his estate to andy, who either gives it to or shares it with jessica

• Sylvie

August 13, 2014 at 2:31 pm

That would be perfect

4. andrea

August 13, 2014 at 2:17 pm

Yes Andy is Bill’s closest parent ! So …
    If Soolie is asking herself Bill or no Bill until the end, it means that she has the option and that he survives episode 9, cure or no cure.
    So Eric/Pam storyline is still kept apart from all the others till the end ?? …It’s like watching two separate shows right now.
    What choice does Sam has to make ? I don’t get all the fuzz … what’s the point : he already sold his bar to Arlen, there is not much left for him in Bontemps right now anyway. He should have left the show with Nicole a while ago … I hope they came with something better than the Tara storyline ending which was really lame for such a meaningfull and strong character.

August 13, 2014 at 2:35 pm

Actually, I disagree with your opinion of Tara’s ending. I think it was a great way to wrap up her story, Lettie Mae and the Reverend’s and Lafayette’s. We talked about it in our podcast, I encourage you to listen to it and see what you think.

• andrea

August 14, 2014 at 7:09 pm

Liz, I listen to your comments and I’m sincerely not buying it …all this cross thing, the serpent, the blood drinking in communion, that was cheap religious analogies which didn’t make any sense except that a minister was involved. The whole point of this miserable plot was to dig out a gun and to hear Tara state that she was sorry not to have killed her dad when she had the opportunity. Really ? This didn’t sound like a peacefull family goodbye to me. The only part which felt real was the forgiveness part which had no link at all to the previous scenes. Incoherence is the best word to describe this messy job and I feel sorry for Rutina who gave us so much in order to create a strong female character on this show. She deserved better, much much better …

August 15, 2014 at 6:09 pm

Rutina was very happy with the way her character was handled by the writers. If she’s happy, so am I. And I disagree with you wholeheartedly, but I’m not going to repeat what I’ve already said so many times.

• posh

August 14, 2014 at 10:45 pm

I listened to your podcast..all of them through out the years actually and this one well….Liz came off as resigned and really done with the series which was kinda poopy =(. I wasn’t expecting that. I think Tara had a very nice if not some what OVER LOAD of an ending that seemed to drag out and was like watching paint dry.

August 15, 2014 at 1:55 am

Liz wasn’t having a great day when we recording this week’s podcast, so she wasn’t as into it as usual.

August 15, 2014 at 6:12 pm

Yes, and I also think I explained that in the podcast.

5. kaybob

August 13, 2014 at 2:37 pm

Sookie will end up with sam as per the books eg crappy ending all round there , Bill will die and Eric will fade into the background , this is what I think I may be wrong but it was a bit of a triangle with sookie, sam and Bill at the beginning and Bill has seen a future for Sookie with a baby well it could be her own or the one sam is having already ?? Im hoping it isnt going to be a big disappointment like the last 2 books were but I wont hold my breath , but until the last few episodes I will hold my judgement. 😀

August 13, 2014 at 2:42 pm

Sorry, but we’re fans of the books and how they ended, so…

Also, in the dream Bill had showing Sookie with a baby, did you not see that instead of a baby there was a patch of darkness? This was Bill realizing that he and Sookie really have no future together as a couple. He can’t give her babies, only a life of darkness and danger.

6. Dee H

August 13, 2014 at 2:42 pm

Couldn’t Andy’s inheritance come from his grandmother? I mean, it’s a stretch but also unexpected…

7. Joshua

August 13, 2014 at 6:06 pm

Remember reading about two new antagonists this final season… Mr. Gus- who has already appeared in the story and The Figure-who has yet to make an appearance. I haven’t heard anything about this character and with only two episodes left I wonder where he plays into the story and why no one is talking about it?

August 13, 2014 at 6:09 pm

I was thinking about that yesterday and wondering if Mr. Gus was supposed to be The Figure. The character descriptions are too dissimilar, IMO, so who is The Figure?

8. Steph

August 14, 2014 at 4:41 pm

One guess on Andy’s inheritance: Andy marries Holly. Arlene leaves Bon Temps(with or without Keith) and gives Andy the bar and a wedding gift.

August 15, 2014 at 6:03 pm

Arlene told Sam that everyone she loves and cares about is in Bon Temps. That pretty much tells me that she’s not leaving. 😉

9. andrea

August 14, 2014 at 6:53 pm

Does anyone remember that Sookie’s cousin (Queen Sophie Anne’s lover) had a little boy reading minds as well ? This little fellow must have a dad … this could be a suitable ending for Sookie with a human male able to live with her fairyness and to give her children of the same sort.
    I always wondered why the books didn’t end that way ! It would have make much more sense than the whole Sam crap nobody bought.

August 15, 2014 at 6:01 pm

In the books, Hunter’s father wasn’t in the least bit interested in having a relationship with Sookie, nor was Sookie interested in him. Now THAT would have been a truly senseless ending for the book series. As it is, we believe that Sookie and Sam made complete sense. It was meant to be from the very first book, and in each book after that one, there were hints dropped toward that ending. So stop making your opinion so general. I bought the book end, as did Mel. We saw it coming, in fact.

10. Alana

August 15, 2014 at 11:55 pm

There is that scene from season one when sookie and sam are driving back from finding out who Cindy was. They learned about the brother drew Marshall aka Rene. Sookie said something about when it’s all over she will drive down to the beach. Sam said “it’s a date”. Reading others say that sookie will end up with Sam made me think of that. And no, I’ve never read the book so I don’t know if that happened in it.

11. rcox

August 17, 2014 at 9:16 pm

I think it stead of Trueblood it should be called Snooze Blood, This entire season has been a big bore, I sure how the last episode is worth watching.

August 17, 2014 at 9:33 pm

In your opinion, perhaps. I’ve been on the edge of my seat.

12. posh

August 17, 2014 at 9:34 pm

I just hope for a HAPPY ENDING. I mean God knows reality sucks bad enough with famine, war, sickness, rioting and true human suffering. So it would be nice of the writers to atleast give us a HAPPY fricking ending and not ruin the one thing we can control.MAKE BELIEVE!!!!!

13. Rebecca

August 18, 2014 at 3:17 pm

It would make sense that Andy’s surprise inheritance would be from Bill. They’ve patched things up and Bill could trust Andy to leave the estate to Jessica or at least share the inheritance. If Andy’s grandmother were to pass, as Dee H suggested, then Andy would split the inheritance with Portia and Arlene (as Terry’s widow). Sam’s choice may refer to a second choice he has to make if Nicole doesn’t survive giving birth to their daughter…raise her anywhere or raise her where he knows there are already supes and gifted people who would understand her abilities.