FRIDAY FIVE: Five Times True Blood Made Us Weep

A lot of attention was given to the blood and sex on True Blood, but the show also excelled at giving us moments that tugged on our heartstrings and connected us emotionally with our favorite characters.

Herewith, a list of five times the show sent us searching for Kleenex.

1. Sookie eats Gran’s pie after her funeral, and as she’s crying we hear Nathan Barr and Lisbeth Scott softly singing “Take Me Home”.

2. Sookie holds Tara after her best friend takes the bullet Debbie Pelt intended for Sookie. When Sookie screams out “Help!”, we sob along with her.

3. Eric releases Pam to save her life. One of the most heart-wrenching scenes in the show’s seven seasons, and I don’t think Kristin Bauer Van Straten was doing a whole lot of acting during it.

4. Terry’s funeral was a perfect visual of how this man touched so many lives in Bon Temps. All I can say is thank goodness for waterproof mascara.

5. Bill’s death was as unexpected as it was sad. Just watching Sookie say goodbye to her first love…well, let’s just say that Anna Paquin holds the crown for most heartbreaking crying in television.

These are five of our favorites. What are some of  yours?

1. Perla

March 6, 2015 at 11:01 am

What about Eric crying to Godric… and Godric’s death…

2. Donna

March 6, 2015 at 11:21 am

Godric’s death! Eric saying goodbye to Godric!

3. Brandi

March 6, 2015 at 8:15 pm

I agree about Godric’s death I was in tears the whole time.

4. Garfwog

March 7, 2015 at 8:27 am

Jessica’s release was way more intense. Also no mention of Tara and her mom’s last conversation, Sam’s goodbye letter, Godric meeting the sun, Hoyt’s glamoring…. And everyone I’ve talked to agrees that the show could have done without that pie eating scene. This list tho.

March 7, 2015 at 4:27 pm

“Also no mention of Tara and her mom’s last conversation…”

We know there are many, many times that True Blood made us weep, but we set our limit at only 5, which allows our readers, such as yourself, to make up your own list and play with us. That is why there are a great many “no mentions”. We didn’t want to be greedy! 😀

5. Lisa

March 8, 2015 at 5:38 am

For some reason I cry very much during True Blood haha. Mainly because I love Bill and Sookie together and whenever they go through something I cry. The scene I cry extremely much at is the first one you mentioned – when Sookie eats her grans pie. And then I cry when Sookie runs to Bill right after that to loose her virginity to him because its so special and romantic at the same time. I also cry when Sookies gran just have died and she burst into tears in Bills arms when he comes home to her and see the pile of blood Sookie stands in. And then I cry when Sookie says she and Bill have no future together and he says: ‘I love you Sookie Stackhouse and for that I shall never feel sorry’.

And off course when Eric and Pam picks Bill up outside of Merlottes to be judged for killing a vampire for Sookie and she cries so much when he leaves her. And when they break up in season 3 when Bill almost tried to kill her.

And then I cry when Godric wants to die and Tara gets hit by her mother who is drunk and Tara needs to take care of her constantly because her mother is influenced of alcohol. I also cry when Jason hits Sookie and tells her their grans death is because of her. As you can see Im a very weepy person 😀 I havent watched the ending of True Blood because I know I will never get over the fact that they ruined Bill and Sookie but I cry at everything during the whole show. Almost. 😀