Lady Gaga’s “Paparazzi” Video, Featuring Alexander Skarsgard, Up For VMAs

The controversial, provocative Lady Gaga video for her song “Paparazzi”, featuring True Blood‘s Alexander Skarsgard, premiered to lots of buzz earlier this summer. Now it’s been nominated for four MTV VMAs (vote for it here, here, here and here). In honor of those nominations, let’s watch it again, shall we?

1. chad

September 2, 2009 at 1:29 am

I think Alexander skarsgard should be the next superman total reboot.
    Because “He can fly!”

2. Pam's Girl

September 2, 2009 at 2:50 am

Okay, I may get hate mail for this, but while we’re pimping out voting in regards to Alexander Skarsgard….

He’s up for a People page, but is trailing Kellan Lutz right now!

And Eric Lovers… http://extratv.warnerbros.com/2009/08/vote_sookies_hottest_blood_lov.php

Though I have to confess that I think this one may be rigged. I mean I know there is much love for Bill…but it is 3:45am central time right now. I voted and the results looked like this.

•She’s perfect with Bill! – 40525 (79.2%)
    •Her chemistry with Eric is undeniable! – 10653 (20.8%)

I refreshed the page and voted again (both times for Eric) not two minutes had passed and the results looked like this.

She’s perfect with Bill! – 40554 (79.2%)
    Her chemistry with Eric is undeniable! – 10655 (20.8%)

I’m not trying to start nothing, but really are there over 25 people awake at this time and voting on this poll? Because I thought I was the only one crazy enough for that.

• heather

September 2, 2009 at 10:25 am

Interesting. I saw the poll yesterday and I believe Eric (Alex) was ahead then? Maybe some fansites are voting like crazy for Bill or something? Doesn’t make sense to me because it seems like hardly anyone likes Bill and Sookie together. Maybe they just don’t know enough about Eric (or Bill) yet…

• Pam's Girl

September 2, 2009 at 5:30 pm

I know. I know that there are many Sookie/Bill fans out there, but I stalk around a lot of discussion boards and such and it seems to me like there are many more Eric fans out there, so I don’t know either. Perplexing.

3. Katharine

September 2, 2009 at 8:40 am

I don’t really keep up with music videos these days. Why is the video considered controversial? I looked, but couldn’t find anything on Wikipedia indicating that.

• Ani

September 3, 2009 at 1:48 am

I1m guessing it’s because she kills her boyfriend?

4. Sarah

September 2, 2009 at 3:24 pm

I am attending those crazy VMA’s and desperately hoping Alex shows up. That would make my year!

• heather

September 2, 2009 at 4:49 pm

Have fun! Hope you get to see Alex…but I’ll be so jealous!!

• jaxx

September 4, 2009 at 1:44 pm

Lucky girl Sarah. If he shows up, you’ve come to tell us all about it. I just adore that man.

5. Tiago

September 3, 2009 at 8:37 pm

I’m a BIG fan of the GaGa!I love this video, specially because it has Alex Skarsgard hotness and make-out action!Yum!

6. lani may

September 13, 2009 at 1:54 am

Yeah, I like her music,too! And I must admit …Alex..He is looking…Sexy Hot.. even though…Stephen is my favorite….He is right up there!!(In my fantasy Lani land!)Geez….