CASTING NEWS: The Tudors James Frain Joins True Blood

Meet Franklin Mott...

Meet Franklin Mott...

Hot on the heels of the news that J. Smith-Cameron has been cast as Sam’s mom comes news that The Tudors‘ James Frain is coming on board to play Franklin Mott, the vampire who sweeps Tara off her feet. Every time I see James Frain in a role (he’s done both TV and movies), I find him striking and compelling. Loved him in Where the Heart Is, and as Thomas Cromwell in The Tudors? Be still my heart.

If you recall the original casting call, Franklin Mott is described as “sexy, sexy, sexy, sexy” and has an instant connection with Tara. He even comes to her aid when some jerks are bugging her. Can’t wait!

1. Violet

December 14, 2009 at 4:05 pm

Wow, wasn’t expecting him at all. I like his work. It’s going to be hard to see him as an evil vampire!

December 14, 2009 at 4:13 pm

Vi, try to catch one or both of his Law & Order episodes if you can. His SVU episode is titled “Users” and his Criminal Intent episode is “Vanishing Act.”

2. Cat Hoffman

December 14, 2009 at 4:06 pm

And if he’s anything like the books he’ll have an “evil, evil, evil” side too…

• Niki Lynn

December 14, 2009 at 4:13 pm

Franklin Mott wasn’t evil in the books. It was the other vampire that he was forced to give Tara to that was evil.

3. Niki Lynn

December 14, 2009 at 4:11 pm

I loved James in Where the Heart Is too! I can’t wait to see him in Season 3.

4. Pingback: True Blood Brasil // Sua Primeira e Melhor fonte de True Blood no Brasil!!! » Blog Archive » Elenco recebe mais dois atores

5. Tiera

December 14, 2009 at 5:14 pm

OMG he WAS in “where the heart is”, huh? i loved his quirkiness in that film, and i used to watch Tudors, but i don’t have On Demand anyone – i still cry about it….

6. Stacey

December 14, 2009 at 9:26 pm

Awesome! I love James Frain He was brillant as Cromwell. This should be intresting!

7. mishafrydst

December 15, 2009 at 10:21 am

Wow I havnt really seen much of his work, I am going to have to watch some of his stuff. I am happy that Season 3 is starting to sound even more interesting than I originally hoped!
    🙂

8. Destiny

December 15, 2009 at 1:52 pm

Oh wow he is so awesome!!! I can’t wait to see Tara finally have a handsome vampire coming to her rescue and sweeping her off her feet and James will do an awesome job as Franklin Mott! Loved him in the Tudors!!!

9. Zl

December 15, 2009 at 2:04 pm

Kudos to whoever is doing the casting. what a great actor. he just seems to bring alot of complexity to his roles and he has a really weird appeal. there is definetly something compellling about him.

10. SookieLuv

December 17, 2009 at 1:46 pm

This picture doesn’t do him justice. Plus the crew of True Blood will do him up to look super good. Ahh.. spectacular. SO excited.

• mizmode

December 17, 2009 at 10:27 pm

Totally agree with all you said. 🙂

11. mizmode

December 17, 2009 at 10:27 pm

I’m very excited about this whole storyline. At first, I was like, oh ok, when I saw that he was cast, but I’m loving it now. 🙂 I can’t wait till we start seeing “on the set” pics.

12. Me

December 31, 2009 at 4:29 pm

Ok bad choice for one reason, wasn’t Franklin older??? Are they going to combine this charactor with the bad guy Mott gave Tara to into one charactor??

13. tabby

January 30, 2010 at 1:09 am

ii have seen james frain’s work as well && he does great work no matter what character he’s portraying. ii hated this is character on the tudors got executed in season 3, but ii have to sayy…it was just in time for true blood’s season 3! can’t wait!

14. sacrilicious26

February 5, 2010 at 9:10 pm

I love this actor. Everyone is commenting about how he was on Where the Heart Is, but does anyone seem to remember that he was also the bad Spaniard in the movie Elizabeth?

15. libby

March 17, 2010 at 5:07 pm

omg!! i love him in da tudor! he’s awesome and he’s a vampire in true blood? even better!

16. Pingback: Season 3 Episode 1 “Pack of Wolves” :

17. Melissa669

May 7, 2010 at 2:33 pm

Hi! I was surfing the net and found your blog post… nice! I love your blog. 🙂 Cheers! Melissa. G.

18. take online surveys

June 3, 2010 at 2:49 pm

My Aunt sent me to this website, and she was absolutely right in every way Keep up all your terrific work

19. Laura Ann

June 6, 2010 at 1:50 am

I think that James Frain is an excellent choice to play Tara’s love interest. I loved James Frain on the Tudors, I feel that he is an incredible actor and will truly be an asset to the cast. I am impatiently awaiting the return of the show on June 13th. I am a Alan Ball fan dating back to sixth feet under but I wasn’t too excited at the idea of watching a show about Vampires until, I found out Alan’s name was attached to the show. Once I found out that Alan was producing True Blood I decided to give the show a shot. I was pleasantly surprised when I realized how much I loved not only the cast but the story lines as well. I don’t know if it was a good idea for me to purchase Charline Harrise book: Club Dead, after becoming such a fan of the show, but I need to know why the books are so damn popular, and why some people are angered over Alan Ball’s decision to deviate from some of the story lines in the book.

20. Jon Colglazier

July 5, 2010 at 1:10 pm

Thank you for another great article. Where else could anyone get that kind of information in such a perfect way of writing? I have a presentation next week, and I am on the look for such information.

21. Floyd

July 27, 2010 at 10:58 am

Hi, i just thought i’d post and let you know your blogs layout is not looking good with the Safari browser. Anyhow keep up the good work. I’ll be back for more..

22. Harland

July 27, 2010 at 1:04 pm

Answers to these questions vary.

23. TONISHA

July 27, 2010 at 4:32 pm

Ugh what a tease.

24. Kerry Lockbaum

August 2, 2010 at 4:56 pm

i can’t wait for james franco’s new movie with julia roberts. it looks so good.

25. Darryl Jeffress

August 3, 2010 at 9:02 am

Awesome, that’s exactly what I was scanning for! You just spared me alot of work

26. vacuum mixer

August 6, 2010 at 3:37 pm

I have a different point of view, you can go to my blog to see I have a different point of view, you can go to my blog to see and exchange of views

27. Darell Redemer

August 16, 2010 at 10:54 am

true blood is the best vampire show ever and i seen them all if u dont like watching a true vampire series then go watch twilight its for the kids

28. write a good resume

August 18, 2010 at 7:07 pm

I¡¯ve recently started a blog, the information you provide on this site has helped me tremendously. Thank you for all of your time & work.

29. Isidro Jubeh

August 18, 2010 at 11:38 pm

I do agree with all the ideas you have presented in your post. They are very convincing and will definitely work. Thanks for the post.

30. free games

August 22, 2010 at 10:30 am

This is a very fascinating post, I was looking for this knowledge. Just so you know I discovered your blog when I was browsing for blogs like mine, so please check out my site sometime and leave me a comment to let me know what you think.

31. Coy Lindinha

August 25, 2010 at 1:04 pm

I loved your blog comment, it really added a great perspective on the matter. Thanks.