CASTING NEWS: Natasha Alam, Gregg Daniel Join True Blood

Natasha Alam - Eric's private dancer?

Natasha Alam - Eric's private dancer?

Another day, another addition to True Blood‘s cast! EW’s Ausiello starts us off with news that model-actress Natasha Alam has been cast as Yvetta, Eric’s new dancer at Fangtasia. Except she’s more than just a dancer, she’s also Eric’s lover. Alan Ball did promise that Eric would be naked this season; careful what you wish for, Truebies!

Ausiello also spilled that Gregg Daniel has been cast as the Reverend Daniels, Lettie Mae’s pastor to whom she turns for comfort.

1. Kathy

December 15, 2009 at 12:45 pm

Exactly! I have never been clambering for Alex naked. I just want the story of Eric/Alcide/Sookie investigating where Bill has gone. I have no interest in Eric’s lovers or seeing him having sex with said lovers. Just as boring as watching unending Maryanne orgies.

2. May

December 15, 2009 at 12:48 pm

Wait, what? Yvetta? I don’t recall that character. Yet another deviation, I guess? Or should I go back and re-read Book 3 and 4 ? 😀

3. Lauren Elaine

December 15, 2009 at 3:31 pm

May, it’s yet another deviation…

Alan loves them.

4. Lori

December 15, 2009 at 3:50 pm

This may turn out to be a good thing (as long as it doesn’t last long). Firstly I didn’t believe Eric wasn’t doing other women while trying to seduce Sookie so I’m ok with seeing him with this character.

Secondly seeing how he is with her might show us how bored he has become with humans, yes can feed from them and take some pleasure but they don’t excite him or intrigue him the way Sookie does. This could highlight why he goes after Sookie the way he does, showing why after 1000 years he will stop at nothing to get something he has never felt before.

Besides if this means more character development for Eric (and some naked Alex) then I’m not complaining lol

I’m confident AB is going to go there with Eric/Sookie esp now we know he’s doing Eric’s amensia so I’m going to enjoy the ride.

Fingers crossed Eric fans! at the very least this may mean more screentime, what with this and Pam’s role being upped to regular.

• Sarah

December 16, 2009 at 4:49 pm

I am all for your theories Lori! I believe that Eric being who he is definitely sleeps with woman–it would be ridiculous to think otherwise. Also–like your point about his boredom with humans–AB as made a big point to show this to be the case. So this exotic dancer is just “something to do” so to speak. I do believe that we will may have to wait until season four to see the hook-up between Sookie/Eric (GOD–let’s hope we don’t have another season of gratutitous orgies or it is going to be a long wait!)

• Lori

December 18, 2009 at 10:53 am

Yeah I agree about the Eric/Sookie hook up in S4 but I’d love the scene in book 3 where Eric gives Sookie his blood, that scene is hot as in the book lol

5. Mony

December 15, 2009 at 4:04 pm

I’m ok with that, Eric is loved by many women, i mean is not in love with Sookie, not yet, attracted but not in love…of course he can have a chick and have fun….
    The i guess he will fly in Jackosn with Sookie and things gonna change for him…i mean, Pam wil have a Gf right?so maybe Yvetta is both way..ahah^^
    I guess when Eric will be back from Jackosn this dancer will want him again…and…….yadda yadda da da Amnesiac Eric?
    This dancer is not only a dancer said that article….
    so yes i’m defenitly fine with this..
    season 3 will be grat!!!!!!!just Great!!!!!

6. Pingback: Random Hot News » Blog Archive » natasha alam

7. Lina

December 17, 2009 at 4:46 am

She’s gorgeous, good choice. Sorry…I may be turning Team Alcide after today LOL

8. SookieLuv

December 17, 2009 at 1:44 pm

Yes, she is pretty. I am still alittle pro-bill though (the tv show version). However I don’t like him in the book! Two different err..people. I DO like the crazy chemistry between Eric and Sookie and I think now with this woman and having some of Eric’s blood in her Sookie may start to realize her feelings for the Big E. Alcide IS indeed dreamy and I feel like this season is going to be crazy and complicated. I can’t wait. Literally. *Pout*

9. kay

December 17, 2009 at 10:16 pm

Ok she is pretty but i still want Eric and Sookie but if she is what Eric has to do to get to Sookie more power to her. And what is all this about amnesiac Eric I thought that was nto tell book 4. Please send me a email at candice.15@hotmail.com with the answer i love true blood and want all the info.

• Lori

December 18, 2009 at 10:52 am

Hey Kay,

AB has confirmed he will be doing the Eric amnesia plot but not until Season 4, we may get the first taste if it at the end of S3, with the intro of Hallow or Eric running down Hummingbird Lane?

10. Me

December 31, 2009 at 4:35 pm

Since I so did not like the long orgy plot when the book was not nearly that….involved! I hope this chic will not be a main charactor.

11. alyssa searrs

January 1, 2010 at 6:01 am

i need to welcome her role with an open mind .. it’s quite hard to see my Eric with another woman .. (except for Sookie) hahaha !anyways this would be very intriguing .. I want to see how Sookie would react to this .. but i just hope she won’t stay very long in the story ..

12. Liesl

January 17, 2010 at 10:03 pm

Ugh. I’m not particuarly liking the idea of Yvetta. I’d much rather see Eric and Sookie together. I was thinking that maybe Yvetta is just an excuse for Eric to get Sookie jealous, and see if she actually has any real feelings for Eric? I’m definetly on the Eric/Sookie team, and I sincerely hope that Natasha is only a temporary character.
    I can’t wait ’till Season 4 to see the whole Eric/Amnesia thing. I absolutely loved that part in the books, especially when a real relationship developed between Eric and Sookie despite him not having a memory.
    Team Eric 100%

• steffanie

January 27, 2010 at 5:31 pm

true that! Eric is dreamy both in the book and on the screen..
      as for Yvetta.. she is cute, but not liking it if she is a full-time character either.. I’m for Sookie & Eric
      her big protective, arrogant, fun loving (when they are alone) LOVER!

13. Ashley

March 25, 2010 at 9:54 pm

Shes only scheduled for one episode so im not too worried about that….its obviously nothing serious between them just sex.

14. Pingback: Season 3 Episode 1 “Pack of Wolves” :

15. AmandaMichelle

June 13, 2010 at 2:49 pm

SUPER EXCITED!!!!!!! Tonight is the night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!