SPOILERS: More Casting! Lindsay Pulsipher is “Crystal”

This just in from EW’s Ausiello: They’ve cast the part of Crystal!

Lindsay Pulsipher

Lindsay Pulsipher

Last seen in A&E’s The Beast, starring the late Patrick Swayze and Travis Fimmel, Pulsipher played Fimmel’s neighbor and love interest on the show. She’s also appeared in various television shows such as The Eleventh Hour, CSI: NY and NCIS.

Pulsipher wins the role of Crystal, described as a “mysterious and haunting beautiful young woman who shares an “electric connection” with Jason.” (EW)

Yes, Crystal is being introduced earlier than in the books, we already know. But, what do you think?

1. Pingback: Joy Of Crystal » SPOILERS: More Casting! Lindsay Pulsipher is “Crystal” : True …

2. Tiera

December 18, 2009 at 9:41 pm

SHE’S VERY PRETTY! i saw glimpses of The Beast when in pacing so i vaguely remember her, i bet she’ll be an awesome Crystal – admittedly it’d hard to envision her as Crystal this early….
    i imagined her as having a bit darker features…

i love they’re introducing characters from the book earlier, tossin’ things up a bit.

• JJ

December 31, 2009 at 10:50 am

I agree she is very pretty! Thing is…..she looks like she could play Debbie Pelt instead of Crystal. I also think it’s awesome that AB and the crew are introducing characters earlier. So excited for season 3!!!!!!!!

• Dana

January 2, 2010 at 10:45 pm

She’s too pretty. I was expecting a more inbred look! Ha! Nah, she’ll be great! I can’t wait to see what Alan Ball is up to! Joy!

3. Nanny B.

December 19, 2009 at 9:20 am

I think she’ll be fine. I am more interested in who they cast as Calvin Norris. He was one of my favorite characters from the books.

4. Michelle

December 19, 2009 at 10:58 am

I think she is gorgeous, but I also pictured her with darker features. I think it is great though, I am curious to see how she will be introduced since it is earlier than in the books. I love that they deviate from the books, even though there are similarities and some of the same stories it is also like eeing a different version of the town and characters somewhat.

• Amanda

December 29, 2009 at 3:50 pm

I kindof’ agree with you….I LOVE the show i know that it has deviated from the books (and that sucks) but the show still kicks butt and i would NEVER miss a show but on the other hand the books were so good why deviate? I could understand that you would want to keep your audience guessing and if the show matched the books then those of us that actually read them would ALWAYS know what was coming (and that’s no fun). But still I don’t see a reason to deviate very much changing “SOME” stuff up is ok but let’s not go overboard …remember its the books that helped the show get made so why change. If the TrueBlood writting team should happen to see this…this is for you. Yall do a great job, and I will be a fan of the show until they start showing it on nick at nite but please if your going to stick to the books at all please stick to book four, I would love to see Eric running half naked through the woods or in the shower with sookie or flying with sookie on his back. Basically any scene with Eric ROCKS. So in closing please put in more Sexy ERIC and the less clothes the better ; )

5. Lori

December 19, 2009 at 5:51 pm

I like that they’re introducing characters earlier too, it does mix things up a bit and gives more background and build up to the main plotlines in the books, also allows more time to get invested in the characters. Wonder how much will be revealed about Crystal and Calvin in S3.

6. ERV

December 19, 2009 at 5:55 pm

Ditto on the darker features, but I bet if they dye her hair dark + her pretty bright eyes (blue?) = AWESOME!

7. Candee

December 19, 2009 at 7:57 pm

Yeah, I always pictured her with dark hair. So dark, I guess it was black.

One dissappointing thing though, thier “connection” isn’t really “electric”. Ah well. I also haven’t read the books in forever.

• steffanie

January 27, 2010 at 5:25 pm

just read the books and yes, dark black hair.. I was disappointed that her hair is light… oh well!

8. YankeeBlood

December 19, 2009 at 8:27 pm

Ditto on the darker features as well. But remember gang….the woman who plays Arlene sure doesn’t have “hair like the sunset after a bomb went off” (thank you Terry Bellfluer), she’s actually quite blonde in real life. Let see what hair and make-up do for this actress, and then decide what kinda Crystal she makes. 🙂

9. Tiera

December 20, 2009 at 8:08 pm

also she looks a bit feline – a conscious move? her having to be a were and all…

10. melissa

December 21, 2009 at 5:15 am

Perfect for the part.. she looks bitchy and nasty like Crystal is..! But she does meet a horrible death.. why are they introducing her earlier??

• ROSIE

December 23, 2009 at 4:54 pm

THINK SHES GUNNA BE GREAT AS CRYSTAL AND I WANNA SEE CALVIN TOO I LIKE HIM ALOT….EARLIER IS BETTER SEEMS SEASON 3 HAS “CLUB DEAD” AND “DEAD TO THE WORLD” COMBINED…THATS A GOOD THING THO I LIKE THAT ITS NOT LIKE THE BOOKS ITS LIKE GETTING 2 GREAT STORIES FOR THE PRICE OF 1…I LOVE THE SHOW ALOT AND THE BOOKS ARE JUST AS GOOD IF NOT BETTER…THE INSIGHT AND CONTINUITY IS AMAZING IF U DIDNT KNOW BETTER U CUD ACTUALLY BELEIVE IT!!!

11. Abbie

December 24, 2009 at 3:24 am

I think Lindsay Pulsipher will make a great Crystal, and as said in nearly everypost before this one, it would be even better if they give her darker features, but maybe even just giving her a black wig will change how she looks completely.
    I think they should end season three with what happens in season four and if you havent read it dont read this…but how cool would the last part of the lase episode be if sookie is just driving along and see’s eric running along the road half naked?

• Natalie

January 29, 2010 at 7:47 pm

omg yes! that would be so great! and i agree that crystal should have black hair, thats how i imagined her =)

• Helen

March 6, 2010 at 10:23 am

HAHA yes…. I think that would be a great!

12. Amanda

December 26, 2009 at 11:22 pm

I think she will make a great Crystal……. I’m curious as to who will play Debbie Pelt, doesn’t she need to come along soon???

13. Me

December 31, 2009 at 4:18 pm

She will do ok in the part but she needs the dark hair, even a nice deep brown for me to see her as I see her in the book. I totally agree that the Writers need to do all of Book 4 with little deviation. I was not thrilled reading the books this week after only ever seeing the show. I found out how much they mixed, mingled and dropped. I swore they better ad Alceed so at least that makes me happy now 🙂

14. Melony

January 4, 2010 at 1:18 pm

She looks like she could play an utter and total b****!

15. Cassiemo

January 8, 2010 at 8:45 pm

I bet they’ll put her in a darker wig and/or color her hair. Contacts even for the golden almost cat-like eye. It really won’t be hard to panther-ize her. She”ll make a good Crystal I think.

16. LOVEtrueblood

January 9, 2010 at 9:32 am

I want to see who will play Quinn i think i like him the best in the end.

17. rose and mindi

January 10, 2010 at 2:12 pm

We think she looks to pure to be Crystal, But looks can be deceiving. And what about Bubba

18. Natalie

January 29, 2010 at 7:44 pm

i imagined her with black hair she could easily play debbie

19. Kidcrayola

March 3, 2010 at 8:03 am

I think she has quite feline features and will be great to play Crystal – can’t wait to see these storylines

20. Pingback: True Blood Season 3 Cast [SPOILERS] « Geek TV

21. ang

May 17, 2010 at 6:25 pm

i think she looks great….very feline!