CASTING NEWS: Three New Additions, One Promotion (SPOILERS)

Ausiello reports that True Blood has added three new female characters and promoted one for the upcoming fourth season. Jessica Tuck, vampire PR guru Nan Flanigan, has been promoted to series regular, indicating that we’ll be seeing even more from her and likely more of the vampire political machinations we saw in season 3.

Warning: True Blood season 4 spoilers ahead!

Janina Gavankar

Janina Gavankar (The Gates, The L Word) has signed as Luna, a “super-sexy public school teacher and shapeshifter”. She’s a series regular, so expect to see her all season. She’s also connected to Suzanne McKittrick, the woman whose shindig we suspect Sam runs across in the premiere. Could Luna be Sam’s love interest this season?

Alexandra Breckenridge (Dirt, Life Unexpected) joins the series in a recurring role as Daisy, part of Marnie/Hallow’s wiccan group and Vedette Kim (As the World Turns) also joins in the recurring role of Naomi, the cage fighter who is involved with one of her female competitors.

True Blood season 4 begins filming December 1.

1. MelissaG

November 24, 2010 at 1:24 am

Quinn is a very important character in season 5 and should be cast as so. All of the actors so far have not been mainstream thus allowing us to get sucked into their role and not coming into the show with a bias of who they are based on previous acting roles. If Dwayne “the rock” Johnson gets cast as Quinn I think that exact scenario will take place. With that being said SHEMAR MOORE would be prefect to play the role! He currently plays an FBI agent on the hit ion show called Criminal Minds. Please check him out True Blood fans because I know you will agree he is perfect for the role. xoxo

• Kathi

November 25, 2010 at 11:24 am

Shemar Moore would be great in that role… my only problem with casting him would be his size. In theory, Quinn should be bigger than Alcide. Wikipedia describes the character as standing “at least 6 1/2 tall, impressively muscular, bald and having purple eyes”. Unless Shemar can seriously bulk up and they can do a Michael Clarke Duncan a la The Green Mile thing with the cameras, I just don’t think it would work. I know that they haven’t stuck with the book throughout (and I applaud them for that, otherwise one of my favs, Lafayette, would have disappeared long ago), but I think that in this case, they have to stay somewhat true. Just my two cents.

2. RayD

November 26, 2010 at 6:17 pm

Vin Diesel as Quinn. Enough said.

3. SookieLuv

November 26, 2010 at 9:59 pm

NoNo. I will stop watching if Dwayne Johnson or that Shemar guy gets cast as Quinn. Someone that looks like Vin Diesal but not Vin Diesal.

4. Cheryl

November 29, 2010 at 1:09 am

I hope Alan Ball and his writiing staff completely overlook the character, QUINN, because as far as I’m concerned anything in the books written about QUINN was simply a way to take up more page space. Quinn is easily the most rediculous character in the books. There are many things in the books that need to be forgotten – way too much garbage that simply took up page space as well as took up my time reading it.

5. Liz

November 29, 2010 at 10:03 am

This post has nothing to do with casting Quinn.