SPOILERS: Meet Raoul

Dan Buran to star as Raoul, Shreveport packmaster, for True Blood season 4TVLine.com has the scoop on who will play Raoul in True Blood season 4:  Daniel Buran. Raoul is the Shreveport packmaster we mentioned earlier today in this casting call. As noted there, Raoul will appear in at least 7 episodes, beginning with 4.05.

Buran has had small roles in several films and shorts, and guest starred on shows like Criminal Minds and Southland, but it looks like this could be his big break. With a recurring role on a pop culture phenomenon like True Blood, and possibly at the center of a provocative werewolf power struggle storyline, Buran will likely be very well-known by the end of summer.

1. Jen

February 16, 2011 at 7:19 pm

All I have to say is “yum”!!! Looking forward to meeting his character!

2. Vickiousbabedelicious

February 17, 2011 at 12:34 am

lol to quote ginger?

“Mmm, Yuuummy.”

3. Liz

February 17, 2011 at 11:16 am

I have to agree with both of you! 😉

4. Maria

February 20, 2011 at 6:28 pm

All I have to say is if you haven’t read the BOOKS you are missing SOOOOOO much, the books oh me oh my . . . .

• Kelly

February 22, 2011 at 4:42 pm

I love how the books and the series are two such different platforms. After you’ve watched an episode the first time for the thrill and the second time to make sure you didn’t miss anything (and then maybe the third time for the juicy bits), don’t you just love comparing the two different story lines and the changes that are made?

Even if I’m not nuts about some of the differences (e.g., MaryAnn aka the Maenad), isn’t it a blast to know that it’ll be different?? (Even though staying true to the books would be just as fun, but maybe tough to film.)

Like this doll-face– Raoul Who?? Brings out the writer in your own imganation, don’t it?

5. Jeff Smoot

February 24, 2011 at 2:17 am

My question is since we are definitely seeing the Shreveport packmaster, AND Alan Ball claims we will not only see witches but we will see another type….. would this packmaster lead to the packmaster event and subsequently have us AND Sookie meet Quinn. Seeing as how Raoul isnt coming in until mid season, he could lead up to the event at the end of season 4 where shell meet Quinn which is where season 5 will start. This storyline will also give Alcide a bigger part, who they stated will have more screen time in the new season….

• Bethany

February 25, 2011 at 9:46 pm

With the way they seem to be merging books as a quicker speed now, I was thinking that this season would be when we would be introduced to Quinn too. I am hoping so personally. And I wonder since they made Col. Flood the Jackson Pack Master, and this Raoul the Shreveport Pack Master, and now the two Vamp empires have merged, maybe the Were War will arise out of the same spin? I would love to see that.