True Blood Radio 133: Season 4 Premiere Spoilers

HBO released the synopsis for the True Blood season 4 premiere episode, so of course we have to dissect it word for word! We also have news from Charlaine Harris’s book tour and discussion of YOUR comments about Dead Reckoning.

1. Elle

May 14, 2011 at 10:11 pm

This is regarding to that TV guide cover. I remember they released 2 versions of the cover for that issue, one is Sookie with Bill and the other one is her with Eric (the one you posted). The idea was, of course, team Bill or team Eric. They might have sold all the Eric covers when you were at the news stand ;P.

2. marsha

May 14, 2011 at 10:38 pm

I like your idea of Tara and the miliatary. Maybe she is inlisted with paramilitary undercover to deal with the creatures .

3. Dee

May 15, 2011 at 2:15 pm

For many of the reasons you ladies mentioned, IMHO, it is unlikely that Tara joined the military.

For some, the act of cutting their long hair is freeing, a release of energy, a release of the past, of negativity, etc. I think Tara went on a spiritual retreat of some sort.

Maybe she was in a convent. 😀

May 15, 2011 at 5:28 pm

I agree. I was thinking a convent, too. Although, that seems very un-Tara-like. However, she was really freaked out at the end of Season 3, so it’s not altogether an impossibility :p

4. Jessica

May 15, 2011 at 3:19 pm

Since that season 4 trailor came out, I can’t figure out who is on the stripper pole. Maybe it’s just Evetta or some dancer at Fangtasia, but for some reason I suspect it’s one of the main characters. Also, regarding the Hoyt/Jessica spoiler, I wonder if Hoyt has some jealousy over who Jessica chooses to feed from? Maybe she wants some more variety, and he’d rather her just drink him? (Remember in the books how Sookie feels about Eric or Bill feeding from other girls?)

• Jeff Smoot

May 17, 2011 at 7:51 am

I believe it was Jessica on the pole, that one caught my attention as well.

5. Bethany

May 15, 2011 at 8:04 pm

**Spoiler Alert** I think Tara finds refuge working with Marnie, finding inner peace and discovering her own power. I mean that teaser with her Marnie, Layfayette (I never spell that right) shows that somehow she gets mixed up with the Witches, and LaLa has already been pegged with a magical anncestory, so makes sense to me. Her hair doesn’t end up short enough to be military, and I just don’t see her going all religious on us. I don’t think we have to worry about her joining FOTS or anything either.

6. Bethany

May 15, 2011 at 8:10 pm

Just because a year has passed doesn’t rule out flashbacks to cover storylines. Flashing back to the baby’s birth, flashing back to some of the happenings in Fairy, etc would cover any gaps that they need, and provide great entertainment without having to take the whole season to cover the timespan. Just IMHO.

7. Lidia

May 16, 2011 at 1:18 am

***Spoiler Alert****

My theory regarding Jason is that in a twist thrown in to trick the book lovers, he manages to escape from the shed before he is bitten too many times, and does’nt become a panther afterall.

8. Jeff Smoot

May 17, 2011 at 7:57 am

IMO I believe , from seeing Jason running in the field by his house, I bet somehow the people ( panthers ) in hotshot hes taking care of somehow accidentally feed on him or bite him, and somehow Crystal gets away from Felton, so they tie him up in the shed while hes becoming “one of them”. OR my alternative would be that he being a better cop and all in this season as it stated, Jason tracks down his truck, or Felton and somehow his injuries are a result of his and Felton’s altercation. If thats the case he obviously wins, because Crystal is back with him in the shed.

My favorite part of the promo is the images of Bill. I cant wait to figure out why Bill obviously looks like hes snapped even to the way he dressses in the previews, right down to the spiky black hair. I guess Bill REALLY didnt take Eric’s telling Sookie about what he did too well, he loved her so much hes completely gone nuts.

9. Jeff Smoot

May 17, 2011 at 8:23 am

I think CH is giving us our season 4 with Eric and Sookie, but iI would place my best bet on her and Bill ending up together in the very end, True Blood fans and most definitely Bill fans would be happy with that and honestly that would be a good ending. They ended up together in real life, I guess its appropriate she writes them together in the end, overcoming ALL ( cant stress that) their problems and obstacles. After all, I have read most of the books so far and every episode MULTIPLE multiple times, and honestly I am an Eric fan, but no one has loved Sookie as much as Bill. He has made mistakes, as all men do in this world, but he loves her unconditionally, as Eric “sets her to the side” in the end. Sookie most definitely loves Bill, she has a constant struggle with holding her feelings back for him no matter who she is with. She hates him for what hes done but loves him forever. He keeps proving his love for her over and over, as shes getting used and dropped by the others. Bill is always coming to her rescue no matter how she treats him, eventually her “Bill wall” will break down……. IF Bill had any competition in the end, there would only be Sam.

10. Jeff Smoot

May 17, 2011 at 8:44 am

I bet that military idea about Tara is spot on. In one of the spoilers weve gotten before it was said that “Tara would come back with her own “Power”” , and I have a friend that was in the miltary and just recently got back, she has a bob hair cut VERY similar to the way Tara has cut her hair.
    In the new promo it shows Tara with her hair grown back in a purple jacket, pointing a gun. I own a couple of firearms, and my father was an avid collector, so I believe the pistol she is pointing is a military issue. The promo I am speaking of is the one coming on HBO atm, I saw it before Game of Thrones last Sunday. I paused it and I am pretty sure that is a military issue weapon. 🙂 Hope this helps solidify the Idea with Tara…. she is one of the top characters on the show, she needs to have a bigger role than she did in the books.

• Jeff Smoot

May 17, 2011 at 8:45 am

Wonder if they knew what they were doing when they showed that in the preview……. might have been a hint

11. Jeff Smoot

May 17, 2011 at 9:52 pm

I just watched the promo again, and caught something I didnt catch before. It flashes a scene of Tara hitting someone on the ground, she is wearing some sort of mma or boxing gloves, could this be a bootcamp scene or is she in the ring maybe she trains some sort of fighting or martial arts.

12. Amy G

May 27, 2011 at 4:15 pm

I was wondering about when Mel mentioned, “We can’t be a year in the show if Arlene is still pregnant.” I’m assuming Ryan Kwanten mentioned that the season begins a year later- I think I remember this- but does this mean that Sookie has been in Faery for a year? Because Sookie left with Claudine right at the end. But I’m also thinking that time in Faery is a lot different than Earth time.. But I can’t really imagine Sookie leaving behind her responsibilities for a year to go off to a foreign place. Especially since she’s all about obligations. Then again she could, because she was so broken after the Bill incident..Hm.