Uncategorized

SPOILERS: True Blood Season 4 Finale Casting Call

Hot on the heels of the release of the title for True Blood‘s season 4 finale, “And When I Die”, comes the casting call for characters needed for this episode.

First up is Doug, Alcide’s foreman at Herveaux Construction. He’s a schlubby guy with just a couple of lines.

The big news comes in the form of Patrick Devins, a tough, ruggedly handsome man in his mid-30s to mid-40s. He’s an old military buddy of Terry’s; in fact, Terry saved his life twice. Patrick will be a series regular in season 5 (that’s right, they’re already casting characters for season 5), appearing in 7 out of 13 episodes. Not sure if that means season 5 will have 13 episodes, or if they’re counting 4.12 in that number.

So what do you think about Terry potentially having a larger storyline next season? Or is Terry possibly the object of the title and Patrick comes in to help out Arlene as a way of paying Terry back? And why are we only just now meeting Alcide’s employee?

1. Nicole L.

June 2, 2011 at 8:45 pm

honestly, I think they’re straying from the books…

June 2, 2011 at 10:18 pm

Really? What was your first clue, when Lafayette survived season 1? ;)

2. Rebecca

June 3, 2011 at 2:56 pm

I really hope Terry gets a well-developed story line. It would be very sad if he died and left Arlene alone, although it seems Arlene has a propensity toward losing her beaus one way or another.

I was under the impression Alcide was a part of the construction crew. Didn’t see him as the boss with underlings.

3. Roseline Scheller

June 3, 2011 at 4:28 pm

Thanks for your marvelous posting! I truly enjoyed reading it, you’re a great author.I will make certain to bookmark your blog and definitely will come back very soon. I want to encourage you continue your great writing, have a nice weekend!

4. Granna

June 4, 2011 at 1:51 pm

Oh! I truly hope that Terry stays on the show. He is such a refreshingly “real” character – comparatively speaking. It would be nice to see him with a little more attention from time to time.

Can’t help but laugh at my reference to Terry as refreshingly real. What does that say for the other characters! Ha!Ha!

Gotta love this series!

5. Jes

June 5, 2011 at 1:40 am

I will be so sad if Terry dies. I really, really love him :(.

June 5, 2011 at 4:36 pm

It’s pure speculation on my part; I hope it doesn’t happen.

6. Betty

June 5, 2011 at 12:21 pm

I love Terry too, and hope nothing happens to him. Even though he`s a small part of the books, his character has a presence. BTW, what is trolling and flames?

7. Bethany

June 6, 2011 at 4:23 pm

I don’t think they will be killing Terry off, but do see that they could expand his story a bit. I mean, he is pivitol to the books in a wierd way, so maybe they are letting him spread his wings a bit on the show. I just REALLY hope that this friend of his is not their answer to Quinn. :( I want to see Quinn be Quinn. Yet it wouldn’t surprise me if they went that way, as they only take a very broad inerpretation from each book (Book 1 met Bill and the rest, Book 2 went to Dallas met the Maenad, Book 3 Bill gets kidnapped, Book 4 Eric gets amnesia and we meet the witches) But then they wing off too (Book 1 Bill kills Longshadow and creates Jessica??? Book 2 Godric is Eric’s maker??? and the whole Maenad storyline went insane imoh book 3 Sookie took LOTS of Bill’s blood not Eric’s which irked me ALOT, and they introduced hotshot and killed off Calvin Norris, Sookie learns she is part fae, etc. Book 4 No Mark & Marnie (Halo) Stonebrook and the witches are necromancers??? The witches are not Were or other large shifters, Luna seems to be a wolf not a bat? Possibly Queen Sophie-Anne gets killed off??? I guess we won’t get to see the hotel explosion taker her out, not to mention where are the Berts and Andre? They weren’t due to appear until the end of season 4 or early season 5 but I will miss them all the same.) Some parts of the books I think should have been stuck to, but am guessing that this new character will bridge some gaps so we can have what they consier the best of both worlds.