True Blood Radio 141: If You Love Me, Why Am I Dyin’?

Epic episode of True Blood to discuss this week, Truebies. We awwwww’d over Amnesia!Eric, uh oh’d over poor Jason, freaked over the return of Debbie Pelt, cheered about Fierce!Tara, and were curiously underwhelmed by Claudine. Plus news, spoilers, listener emails, and more.

Special thanks to Mynda for stepping in for vacationing Hunter to edit this week’s True Blood Radio.

You can subscribe to True Blood Radio on iTunes here or watch back episodes on Blip.tv. As always, if you’d like to comment or ask a question, you can drop us a line or leave a comment below.

1. Lex

July 12, 2011 at 9:34 pm

I think Claudine meant Queen Mab closed the portal. Eric is like a little 5 yr old lost in the grocery store, hes ADORABLE! Sow you are going to comic con? How ealry should people buy tickets? I want to go next year.

July 12, 2011 at 10:19 pm

Oh, that Queen. Makes a lot more sense than Sophie Anne. What can I say, we recorded this late Sunday night, after the episode aired, and we were sleepy. 🙂

• beth

July 14, 2011 at 9:57 pm

Eric buys her house so sookie needs him to protect her. No oversight there. Sookie owning her house offered her no protection during the day.

2. sassycassie

July 13, 2011 at 12:34 am

I don’t know if anyone else caught it but in the episode “If you love me, then why am i dying” where Sookies at the kitchen table waiting for Eric to come back reading that she was read a Charlaine Harris book. I thought that was funny!

July 13, 2011 at 1:26 am

Yep, we caught it: http://true-blood.net/?p=11120 😉

• Angela

July 13, 2011 at 5:48 pm

I did too…nice plug!

3. Kim O.

July 13, 2011 at 10:10 am

What does Eric know?

I didn’t understand it when Eric stopped at the house threshold. That’s a vampire rule. I didn’t think he remembered vampire rules?

But, then again, he said to Sookie, “I know I’m a vampire”. So, I guess I’m alittle confused as to what he knows and what he doesn’t.

Also: in the HBO “In the Episode” video, they mention that he may remember more than he’s letting on. Hmm.

• Angela

July 13, 2011 at 5:54 pm

Here’s why Eric couldn’t enter: They have no choice in the matter.
      If you remember from the first season, Bill tried to enter Sookie’s house and he said he physically couldn’t without her permission. Much later, at the end of last season, Bill was pulled out of her house by an unseen force after she revoked his welcome.

• Elle

July 14, 2011 at 12:40 pm

It’s Eric’s own house though so I don’t think he is restrained. Pam had no problem getting into the house, so it’s not about being vampire or not. Eric knows he’s vampire so maybe he thought he had to be invited?

4. Kim O.

July 13, 2011 at 10:24 am

Wasn’t episode 3 supposed to be the one that Eric/Sookie fans would really love? I thought that meant a romantic scene. NOT! I swear I heard/read that somewhere.

July 13, 2011 at 11:33 am

Perhaps your idea of what fans would be happy seeing and theirs (the showrunners) are different.

5. Lex

July 13, 2011 at 1:41 pm

Can you imagine if all those pregnancies take and they hit Jason up for child support?!?!? Poor guy, its sooooooooooo disturbing! I no longer like Crystal.

6. Malfunktions

July 13, 2011 at 2:45 pm

So, I would have thought that a Panther Made-Were would have at least had to change at least once before they are fully virile and ready to make baby Were-Panthers.. And will Jason(half were) and the full Were babies be full? or 3/4s?

7. maddie

July 13, 2011 at 5:05 pm

I know !! Jason didn’t even have to change. I can’t stand that psycho crystal now lol. Anyway … love the Eric/Sookie match ! Ohh & what’s up with Bill now. I don’t like his new persona.

8. Angela

July 13, 2011 at 6:09 pm

I hope we see more of Pam this season. I love her great one-liners and “Vamp” style in every second of her screen time. No one can play Pam like Kristin Bauer van Straten!!! LOVE HER!

9. Malfunktions

July 14, 2011 at 7:47 am

Hallowe’en= All “Hallows” Eve… hmm makes you think eh?

10. Elle

July 14, 2011 at 1:19 pm

I’m really loving Sookie this season. She’s more in-control of her emotion and action. When she found out Bill was with another woman, she didn’t just collapse and start to cry. Embarrassed and humiliated, she still got her request done, and with a quiet mock “Good night, your Excellency”. Also she obviously doesn’t like the idea of Alcide and Debbit, but she chose to simply walk away and not say anything nasty. The writers really gave her some maturity and character development this season. Way to go Sook!

• Sookieeleana

July 17, 2011 at 4:28 am

Completely agree with this all the way.
      By end of season 3 I didn’t even recognise Sookie any more but now’s she’s back to her sassy self. Long may it continue! Team Sookie!

11. ROBYN

July 14, 2011 at 3:21 pm

i have a theroy, I think that the witch taking over Marnie is one that has a past with Eric and has a vandeta against him from the past, maybe he was the one that burned her at the stake and now she is taking revenge

12. AJ

July 15, 2011 at 3:09 am

I absolutely loved this episode! Although this is a bit of a transition episode, I can see where the story is being taken and that – the anticipation of what may come – is what is so titillating. I especially love the scene with Sookie and Eric in his cubby; particularly when Sookie walks up the stairs and that song starts to ply… sent shivers down my spine.
    I have always been a huge Jessica and Hoyt fan, but I feel like their love story is unraveling too quickly? Anyone else? Also, that whole “like a virgin” forever thing was never really dealt with. It has never been explained how Hoyt and Jessica “consummate” their relationship leaving it up to the viewer to assume they are exploring other avenues if one thinks of such a thing at all. However, this episode Hoyt explicitly asks Jessica if she “fucke[ed]” some other guy; leading the viewer to assume what then? This lack of information is driving me nuts (no pun intended). Ideas anyone?

13. Jessica

July 15, 2011 at 2:40 pm

one chicken short of a happy meal…? lol that made me laugh out loud

14. Susan

July 15, 2011 at 11:04 pm

hey girls!
    your podcast still isn’t available on itunes? are we back to not having them available there?

thanks for all your hard work !

July 16, 2011 at 9:37 am

I’m not sure why it isn’t showing up there, Susan. You can watch and I think download it from Blip.tv, though.

• Susan

July 16, 2011 at 6:32 pm

I listen to my ipod sometimes nine hours a day – so that’s how I listen to everything. Blip tv didn’t have any download hints. Thanks though. hopefully it will get worked out !

15. Whitney

July 17, 2011 at 11:43 am

Did any one catch when bill was giving jessica advice about telling the truth. He said something about “If you love someone you must tell them the truth.” Maybe also talking about his regrets he is feeling about what he did to Sookie?

16. Teya

July 17, 2011 at 12:24 pm

I agree with Whitney, but I still hate Bill. And AJ, I was thinking the same thing: they didn’t explain Jessica’s whole “forever virgin” thing. I hope we get to know what happened. Also, in last week’s episode, I can’t remember who but someone said it’s a week from Halloween, I HOPE we get some True Blood/Halloween episode!! That would be sooo awesome. Also, I really liked how you guys previously posted what time the spoilers in the video were, the recap, casting call…etc. It made it easy to find what you really wanted to listen to and not miss anything. Please do that again.
    🙂