VIDEO: Alexander Skarsgard (Briefly) Talks Bromance with Bill

While promoting his new film Melancholia, Alexander Skarsgard speculated a bit about what’s coming up on True Blood season 5. Specifically, he tells MTV that he thinks we’ll see more of Eric and Bill interacting.

“That’s been fun. Stephen is awesome. I love working with him. It’s an interesting dynamic between those two guys, those two characters. I could see that. I don’t know. I haven’t read—they’re breaking season five now, so I don’t know what’s going to happen, but I’m sure there’s going to be some nice Bill and Eric moments.”

Get More: Music News

1. CassyM

October 7, 2011 at 7:46 am

Those 2 sure like doing stuff together. It could be fun if the relationship dynamics of the 2 characters go back to being true, i.e. that a 1ooo year old vampire doesn’t take any crap from one who is less than 200 years old.

• esw45

October 7, 2011 at 1:07 pm

I agree with you when Eric is in charge over Bill it is much more interesting than all this “your majesty” stuff that he has to endure right now! By the way I love your icon of showing Eric and Sookie….it looks cool!

• tigereyes

October 7, 2011 at 2:58 pm

I think Alex and Stephen work well together. They have a great screen presence, great chemistry. I also love the fact that King Bill is in charge and puts Eric where he belongs beneath him, where he belongs.

• esw1966

October 7, 2011 at 5:51 pm

I agree SM and AS have good chemistry and well together but even bill fans know eric is above bill in alot ways….more interesting, smarter, more fans in general….alcide is more popular than bill and he is boring to me.

• Sookieeleana

October 8, 2011 at 9:20 am

Not quite sure where you get Eric belonging under Bill from as Eric is older and more powerful than Bill, and could squash him like a fly if he wanted.
          They made Bill king to give him a strong story-line as he is pretty unimportant in the books from this point on. Is he going to be king next season – we’ll have to wait and see – but as the authority put the true death sentence on his and Eric’s head I think they’ll both have probably lost their respective positions of power for now.

• Sookieeleana

October 8, 2011 at 9:27 am

We can but hope Cassy – Bill should never be any more in the dynamic but Eric’s annoying baby brother – but after the end of season 4 the TB writers seem pretty determined to put Bill and Eric on an equal footing in the audience’s eyes( matching pajamas, Sookie loving them both etc.) They don’t have a hope of it working of course as the vast majority of us will never except these 2 as equals because we gravitate so much to either one or the other. I do worry that if Eric is spending a lot of screen time with Bill that he and Sookie’s story is going to be put on hold next season, and that will be rather frustrating for me.

• esw1966

October 8, 2011 at 10:34 am

Sook, I feel your frustration because they will put sookie and eric relationship on hold. They want sookie to have sookiegood hookup with Alcide which i find uninteresting and boring at best. This will be a rough season for eric/sookie lovers.

• Sookieeleana

October 8, 2011 at 4:07 pm

esw – Nothing can be rougher for E/S fans than ep.10 to ep.12 of season 4 (or at least I hope not). I guess if they have no scenes together then she can’t use the “B” word and break his heart again, so that’s one positive. I agree that Alcide is a total bore, but I’d still prefer him with Sookie than them bring Quinn in. I don’t think 4 potential suitors would wash on the show and I think we now know the writers ain’t going to let S/B go no matter how much we hope and pray for it 🙁
          If there’s no E/S next season I’d much rather see Eric making up with Pam than having adventures with B.

• esw1966

October 8, 2011 at 5:10 pm

He should be making up with Pam….that’s all he’s got right now. Him and bill will be forced to work together….plus we know Russell Ed will use their love of Sookie for revenge

2. jessica

October 8, 2011 at 3:59 am

OK socked more popular then bill, now that is so not true. Socked is too nice. He only wants applied because he wants to play it safe. The reason why we love bill is because he is a bad boy and that Hugh as been proven in every season. I think if your a book fan then it must be tuff seeing him in power over Eric. Bill is hot and He was great as king.

3. jessica

October 8, 2011 at 4:00 am

Alcide sorry typing on my phone

4. Cha

October 8, 2011 at 11:43 am

I agree with you Jess I think it’s very hard for those who started with the book series to accept Bill’s status on TB. I started book one last week and I’m Just about half way through I can’t put it down. Im loving it so much. I hope my feelings for Bill don’t change, I just love him so.

• bea

October 11, 2011 at 3:15 pm

Actually I thought Bill’s position of power this year didn’t make much sense and I haven’t read the books. It just doesn’t really work for me in the context of the earlier season and the character dinamics. I understand that they need to keep Bill relevant, but the way they did it is a bit unbelievable to me.

• esw45

October 11, 2011 at 11:59 pm

Yes, like you said Bea they want to keep Bill relevant in the show….so they had to come up with a reason to keep him relevant….but I did like him as the king…he seemed to revel in this position…I always thought he was like a politician.

5. Jules

October 8, 2011 at 12:37 pm

I for one did not start w/ the book series (did read them later of course), we know that both vampires will do what they have to politically to survive. I think there is a huge matter of seniority & experience here that Eric has over Bill, which made the “king Bill” situation hard to accept, not which vamp is more well liked, or who has better hair lol. I get the frustration for Eric, but also found Bill to be more interesting this season regardless of status.

6. Jules

October 8, 2011 at 12:41 pm

Oops, didn’t mean that I found Bill to be more interesting than Eric. I don’t know if that’s possible, ( for me ).

• esw1966

October 8, 2011 at 2:01 pm

Don’t get me wrong….I like Bill as the king…..he was a good king. I was taken aback by someone saying “eric belongs in his place below bill” which to me is not true. Whether its in the books or on TB eric is better than bill in multiple ways….doesn’t mean you cannot like both at the same time.

October 8, 2011 at 8:32 pm

esw, I believe what people mean by saying Eric is under Bill is in the hierarchy of vampire politics, Bill’s position as King of Louisiana is higher than Eric’s position as Sheriff of Area 5. It’s not a “this character is better than that character” statement, it’s acknowledging that the Sheriff answers to the King (who answers to the Authority who answers to…?).

7. esw1966

October 8, 2011 at 8:56 pm

Your right Mel, I was responding to tigereyes statement…..playing with tigereyes….I do like bill….I like eric more but I like bill too.

8. Ulrike Tannenberg

October 9, 2011 at 8:00 am

“The MTV USA website (www.mtv.com) is optimized for users within USA. While Users outside of USA are welcome to visit, many features of the site (including most videos) will not work for users outside of USA. We strongly encourage you to visit your local site instead.”

As a devoted follower of True Blood this really pisses me of to no end. Why am I being treated as a second rate fan just for not living in the US? And btw, there just is no useful local site to go to.

October 10, 2011 at 10:30 am

You should probably take this up with MTV since we have no control over how they display their videos. We certainly don’t treat anyone who visits our site as “second rate fans”.