SPOILERS: Which New Character Just Got Upgraded to Regular?

The casting call for True Blood episode 5.3, “Whatever I Am, You Made Me”, was just updated to note that new character Claude, who may or may not be Claudine’s brother, is a possible series regular for season 6. The “possible” caveat is likely because HBO hasn’t confirmed a sixth season yet, so it would appear that Claude is quite am important character indeed. Curiouser and curiouser!

Here’s our original write up about Claude:

In a slightly confusing turn, True Blood is casting another (?) Claude. This one is in his early 20s, very attractive (with and without a shirt), omni-sexual, mysterious,  speaks with a British accent, and catches Jessica’s attention and curiosity. This is a recurring role. Is he replacing Neil Hopkins in the role of Claude, Claudine’s brother? Or is this a totally new character?

Don’t forget to vote for who you think should play Claude!

1. Abel

January 10, 2012 at 1:25 pm

To me, the British accent requirement is what is making me think it is Claude(fairy). Claudine had a British accent too.

2. Lex

January 10, 2012 at 3:22 pm

Well, maybe instead of having the third triplet be the female Claudette, it going to be another boy.

3. Brandi

January 10, 2012 at 5:05 pm

Could be dermot…the Jason look alike? Or did they actually say its for Claude?

January 10, 2012 at 7:59 pm

Well, the character’s name is Claude, so I’m gonna go with…his name is Claude.

4. Brandi

January 10, 2012 at 5:06 pm

Oh! Or Fintan 🙂

5. Patrick

January 11, 2012 at 1:15 am

I swear the title of this episode is making me think Tara will be turned into a vampire. Which is what I’m hoping.

6. Sookieeleana

January 11, 2012 at 10:20 am

If Claude is THE Claude then he has to become a series regular. He does live at Sookie’s at the moment. I’m just looking forward to the strip show!

• Abel

January 11, 2012 at 11:00 am

Haha I just hope they show more fairies. Alan did say that Hooligans would be in season five but probably under a different name.

• esw45

January 11, 2012 at 12:44 pm

Yes, the fairies are definitely most interesting than the werewolves on TB…..I wonder could Claude hookup with lafeyette and Jessica? Hopefully Jessica doesn’t eat him dry…..

• Bethany

January 11, 2012 at 4:08 pm

I love the idea of Claude hooking up with La La, and working his way around town. Hmmmmm, dream sequence orgy? Vamps, Were, Witches, and Humans all with Claude??? And will he be working at the strip club, so we get to see a WHOLE lot of this guy who is hot with and without a shirt???

7. Bethany

January 11, 2012 at 4:06 pm

True Blood likes to merge character storylines (La La should have been dead 3 seasons ago, and there was never a wierd Voodoo lady in any books) So I have been thinking about this one and wondered if Claude would cover what Claudine, Claudette, and Dermot and maybe even Fintan were supposed to be in the books. A Fairie Catch all if you will. I agree the accent makes me think fairy all the way anyway. And it would be wierd if they brought a Claude that was not somehow attached to the storyline. Now the catching Jessica’s eye, that could be because Jessica being a tweenage vamp (She isn’t really a total baby anymore) has never come across any full fae in her life, and if they use Claude to also cover ( or at least a little) the Naill character as well, he would be able to cover his sent and she would not know why she is so attracted to him. Hmmmm, I can’t wait to see what they do with him either way.