CASTING NEWS: Christopher Heyerdahl Joins True Blood Season 5

Christopher Heyerdahl cast in recurring role on True Blood season 5Well, that’s one speculation put to rest: Christopher Heyerdahl has been cast to play recurring character Dieter Braun in True Blood season 5, per Deadline. We wondered if that was the character Christopher Meloni would be playing, but his role is still a mystery.

Christopher Heyerdahl is probably best known as ancient Volturi vampire Marcus in the Twilight movies. He’ll be playing another ancient vampire on True Blood, but with a decidedly more adult theme. Dieter Braun is a torturer for the Vampire Authority. We’ll meet him in the season 5 premiere.

1. Liz

January 18, 2012 at 12:41 pm

Christopher played the evil and crazy Alistair on “Supernatural” as well. He makes Denis O’Hare’s Russell look like a puppy.

2. Shelli

January 18, 2012 at 1:56 pm

I guess Chris Meloni’s playing Hades the bountry hunter guy. Well it does sense that Hades is God of H**l in Greek mythology. Probably he’s 500 older than Godric. Oh cr*p!!!! Eric & Bill are Big trouble.

• vikingrl

January 19, 2012 at 10:13 pm

Is Hades in the book? I don’t remember that character….

• Shelli

January 20, 2012 at 12:32 am

No Charlene Harris didn’t have a vampire character named Hades.

Alan Ball says Christopher Meloni’s an original like Eric’s sister Nora. I think he want to make picture of his version of God of Chaos. That would be wicked awesome to see them battle a “false god”.

3. melzy b

January 18, 2012 at 5:55 pm

Christopher Heyerdahl is huge in the sci fi world having been in both Stargate Atlantis and Sanctuary (where he currently plays 2 characters – one of which just happens to be Jack the ripper) among others. I can totally see him as a torturer for the authority! I agree with @shelli above, Eric and Bill are screwed…..

• Shelli

January 19, 2012 at 4:40 pm

Thanks for agreeing w/ me.

yeah he also played Henry the ape man on Sanctuary as well.

• Carra

January 27, 2012 at 7:28 pm

Actually Henry on Sanctuary is Ryan Robbins (werewolf/hap); Christopher Heyerdahl is Bigfoot/”The Big Guy” as well as John Druitt/Jack the Ripper. Heyerdahl is a fantastic choice, can’t wait to see him in this role on TB!

4. Bethany

January 19, 2012 at 2:23 pm

I am liking how this season is coming together so far. I can totally picture him in this role now that I think if it. Twilight’s Marcus is so tame (he is just bored, nothing more yet if ever for that character) I knew I knew him from somewhere when I saw the films. Now that you mention the other roles he has had, I can finally put that mystery to rest. Now I just wonder if the speculation is right about Christopher Melonni. That could make for a good turn as well. Hmmmm