SPOILERS: Ryan, Carrie & Joe Tease True Blood Season 5

More True Blood season 5 spoilers from the Golden Globes! MTV caught up with Ryan Kwanten, Carrie Preston, and Joe Manganiello to get some scoop on the upcoming season. I like getting to hear from several different actors since they all have their own storylines. It gives us more of a “big picture” look at the season.

Ryan says, “Jason is hanging onto every shred of humanity as it is, and he was lucky to survive last season. He was on the brink of death several times. This season he’s finally becoming a man, I think. He’s got responsibility in his life. He’s in a position of authority too because Andy is not doing too well with being a sheriff.”

Carrie teases that Terry’s old Army buddy, Patrick, isn’t just there to reminisce over good times. “He’s definitely there to muddy the waters a little bit. It wouldn’t be True Blood if you didn’t have conflict, so I think it makes for a very interesting dynamic with Terry and Arlene this season.”

And Joe makes us a little weak in the knees as he previews Alcide in season 5: “We’ve seen that he’s a sweet guy; we’ve seen that he’s the kind of guy that would be great in a relationship. I think that you’re going to be introduced to a side of him that’s going to slam you up against the wall and go for it.”

Oh boy!

1. Gail

January 21, 2012 at 1:19 pm

Definetly looking forward to seeing more Alcide this coming season. He’s my fav0rite. 🙂

• Dumbledork2007

January 23, 2012 at 9:46 am

Not me, I say let Alcide go off in the background and deal with his pack business and BRING ON QUINN!!!!!!!

• Maggie

January 26, 2012 at 6:29 pm

I dont think they should introduce Quinn this season. He is a season in itself. I doubt they will. I’m at a point in the books where Sookie is still dating Quinn. I resent it.

2. No_white_rabbit

January 22, 2012 at 11:55 am

I’m really excited about seeing this other “side” of Alcide, because honestly, that “sweet guy”- thing annoyed me most of the time.
    Patrick- For some unknown reasons, I don’t like him so far. He is going to cause many problems, I think, maybe he is even actually dangerous for Terry and Arlene’s relationship, and I don’t want that to happen, please, can’t we have only one happy couple in Bon Temps? It wouldn’t be True Blood, I know. And Arlene and Terry weren’t that happy together lately, too…

3. claudia

January 23, 2012 at 1:53 am

I actually really like this show, i don’t want to have to wait until June though, seems like a HUGE wait for season 5. Hopefully it’s as good as the rest 🙂

4. Dumbledork2007

January 23, 2012 at 9:45 am

Personally I am a huge fan of Joe Manganiello as Alcide on the show (super sexy), but I do not like Alcide as a character either on the show and in the books. He is selfish and makes extremly poor decisions (Debbie – seriously?, and the whole pack dynamics and how he treats Sookie). Plus She would have to be with a supe that could protect her from various forms of supes and Alcide just isn’t that guy. But the confirmation that we will see lots of Alcide implies that there will not be a Quinn. And that is just not acceptable. There has to be a Quinn simply because there needs to be a two natured supe that is even a possibility for Sookie. Though she is stupid and does not choose him there still has to be someone that is qualified for the role. She can’t have Bill/Eric/Alcie/Quinn “Triangle” in one season, so that doesn’t bode well for those of us who want to at least see her give Quinn a chance before she shoots him down for stupid unfounded reasons. Like she can’t marry someone who has a family with issues. As if Eric’s “family” doesn’t have issues. So stupid.

• trixie

January 23, 2012 at 12:26 pm

I’m not a huge Quinn fan in the books but I don’t hate him either. He’s a essentially good man and did have some huge issues with his family he couldn’t do much about.
      Thing is, his role in the books is, ultimately, to provide Sookie a rebound after AmnesiaEric, and to provide Eric a rival who forces him to confront his feelings.
      Her reasons for dumping Quinn are basically just excuses: the real reason is that she never loved him and certainly didn’t have feelings as strong for him as she has for Eric. She can put up with a lot of “stuff”, because she really wants to be with him. She liked Quinn and tried to love him but it just wasn’t there.

So with that in mind, I think they can easily shift this narrative function from Quinn to Alcide.
      I feel adding yet another love interest at this late stage REALLY wouldn’t work in the show, plus it’s already way overpopulated as it is which makes any character development difficult…

5. EricsMoll

January 23, 2012 at 3:05 pm

Grrrrrrrr ….. Joe can throw me up against the wall anytime!

I am faithful to the books (have been since the first book came out years ago). I look at the show from a diff stance, it’s Alan’s universe not Charlaine’s. That’s not to say I don’t LOVE every minute of the show!
    The books are more MY world MY fantasy, they are a one-point view (Sookie’s), and it’s easy to step into her shoes, FEEL the world and the relationships she has. The show on the other hand, I love the way it’s just pure unadulterated fun!

No matter who Sookie chooses (in the show) is fine with me, because next season (and should a 6th season happen- please let there be) she’ll find someone else! And from the way things go (in the casting department) …… whoever it is will be a Yummy Morsel!

ps: Quinn is in the books, and there is a nice physical attraction, BUT he (much like Alcide) is just way too involved in his own life n personal problems to make a real relationship work.

6. lulu

January 27, 2012 at 1:35 pm

I feel just like ericsmoll said, its 2 different things, the books immerse you, and the tv show is a snippet of the books worid, both equally fabulous and entertainin, however the books will always be my fave,my books are so well worn, many happy hours of reading about
    Sookie never bores me.