True Blood vs. The Vampire Diaries Cover Shoots

Who says True Blood isn’t a trend-setter? Not us! The Vampire Diaries has been compared to True Blood since its premiere and even before that. The love triangle of vampire-girl-vampire has created some of the most popular shipping teams and the most passionate. So with the release of EW’s new cover featuring Elena, Stefan and Damon in some hot, hot photos, let’s compare those photos. In the comments below choose your favorite cover and tell us why.

Set #1

true-blood-vampire-diaries-covers

True Blood vs. The Vampire Diaries

Set #2

bill-sookie-elena-damon-covers

BIll & Sookie vs. Elena & Damon

Set #3

elena-stefan-sookie-eric-covers

Sookie & Eric vs. Elena & Stefan

What’s your flavor? Which cover do you think is sexier?

1. Tina

February 8, 2012 at 2:25 pm

I love them both, but last season was awful for a TB season, and TVD has yet to fail. I was very disappointed in TB. Maybe they should have taken a step like TVD and strayed from the story line a little more.

2. L.

February 8, 2012 at 2:37 pm

the vampire diares are better, sorry to say that, most people seem to enjoy VD more than TB nowadays, the new season of VD is also really good, was disappointed with what they have done with book 4:(

February 8, 2012 at 3:13 pm

VD and TB aren’t on at the same time, so I don’t think you can cite that one is enjoyed more than the other “nowadays”. In addition, TB averages just under 5 million viewers each week, while VD averages just over 3 million viewers (and I’m one of them!).

But that’s not the point of this post. The question is, which photos are your favorite?

• L.

February 8, 2012 at 5:13 pm

it is, you just have to look at other sites than here one:) and lots of people also watch it on DVD

the best photos are the VD ones; the one with all three was really well done, but I also like the elena stefan one, even though I like Damon more I think theirs looks better:)

February 8, 2012 at 6:25 pm

As a matter of fact, we do look at other sites L. All day and every day. And DVDs don’t even come into the picture when talking about live viewing.

• Ashley

February 16, 2012 at 10:15 pm

Speak for yourself! I love TB and I will always love TB over VD, maybe it’s the raunchiness of TB that I like…

3. Liz

February 8, 2012 at 3:13 pm

Perhaps I wasn’t clear in my original post. This is supposed to be about the covers not the shows.

• Tina

February 8, 2012 at 3:29 pm

Its so hard to pick, that is the point!! All Pictures are Perfect!

• Cris Teo

February 16, 2012 at 6:37 am

I dont like VD covers, if you look at all 3…look similar. But can’t say that TB has nicer covers , excepting the first one which I really like.

4. Jester

February 8, 2012 at 3:14 pm

Can’t disagree more. I’ve tried watching Vampire Diaries, but I just don’t care for the show. Maybe it’s just the story itself though. And I think every season of True Blood has been a successful and great one. I started out with the books by Charlaine and love how much the show has strayed in comparison. But I’m just a huge True Blood fan, it’s my favorite show.
    But in terms of the shoots, both are really good. However, I like the True Blood shoots more though, because it shows more than just sex appeal.

5. Mel

February 8, 2012 at 3:15 pm

That’s an awful lot of sexy in one post, Liz!

I think I have to give it to TVD in the first set, because, you know how I feel about the blood. At least the TVD cover just implies the red stuff swirling around three gorgeous actors. But TB takes it in sets 2 & 3.

6. Sookieeleana

February 8, 2012 at 3:23 pm

OK on with the photos (I only watch TVD casually so I’m no expert on the show and don’t care who the girl ends up with and I think TB is a much better show).

I have to say TVD cover is much better – I’m not keen on the Rolling Stone cover (I don’t think it’s a great picture of Alex at all and TVD one is just sexier).

S/B v D/E (interesting choice thought you would pick S/E v D/E) – again I don’t like that B/S photo. Anna looks uncomfortable.

S/E v S/E – well that S/E photo is one of my favorites so I’m going for that. There are so few S/E publicity photos as well.

Those TVD ones actually make the show look much sexier than it is whereas the TB are not as sexy as the show is!

February 8, 2012 at 3:28 pm

I get what you’re saying. I think that’s why I’m torn.

7. Liz

February 8, 2012 at 3:26 pm

I like the True Blood cover in set #1 because it’s so daring and represents the show so well. In sets 2 and 3 I’m liking the colors representing the dark Stefan and the light Damon. But the steamy Sookie/Bill, Sookie/Eric photos are great too. I’m torn.

8. esw45

February 8, 2012 at 3:43 pm

I like TB as a better show than TVD cause its more adult for my liking and I do watch both shows.
    As far as the pictures set 1 the TVD is better photo. Set 2 TVD I dont like how bill is like choking her so TVD is better. Set 3 eric/sookie is better than Stefan/Elenia pic so TB wins that one.

9. nicole

February 8, 2012 at 4:06 pm

in set one i like true blood cause that is just hot! but in the other 2 sets i like vampire diaries

10. Jules

February 8, 2012 at 4:29 pm

I’ve never watched Vampire Diaries, & dont plan on it, but i have to say their covers are well done. They win the 1st & 2nd sets i think. In set #3 I have to go w/ TB, love that pic!

11. EricsMoll

February 8, 2012 at 4:45 pm

I am a fan of both shows, who’s -er, what’s not to like!

Set #1 …………………. Tie w a tilt t’ward TB …… It’s got Eric
    Set #2 …………………. TVD – because of Damon ……..yummy
    Set #3 …………………. TB Eric is all I need to say

If I we’re ALLOWED to make my own cover…… it would have Eric
    AND Damon w ME in the middle!!!!!

As for the covers being similar…….. if they are going to “copy”
    each other, it only means they BOTH can appreciate
    the Sexy in their competitor!

Thanks for the fun!

12. Melissa

February 8, 2012 at 5:17 pm

Set 1 – True Blood – Naked Eric…need I say more
    Set 2 – Vampire Diaries – Damon smolders and I would like to believe he is sans clothing under that sheet; the picture is just hot.
    Set 3 – True Blood – Eric again. You don’t see him in a white shirt too often and he is so massive next to Sookie.
    Eric and Damon are my favorite Vampires. ❤

13. Rina

February 8, 2012 at 5:41 pm

I think they are all great pics. Obviously TVD is trying to imitate TB. TVD are making the effort to make the pics artificially sexy, while TB pics are inherently sexy, so my $$ is on TB.

14. patricia smith

February 8, 2012 at 5:52 pm

oh come on people…a naked Eric trumps vampire diaries every time….and slut sookie trumps slut elena every time too…now don’t get me wrong…i love both shows,but lets be for real the vampire diaries is a teen version of true blood….guess you could say i’m a truebie.

February 8, 2012 at 6:26 pm

But this is about the cover photos.

15. SgtSnell

February 8, 2012 at 6:22 pm

True Blood is for adults & Vampire Diary is for kids.

16. SgtSnell

February 8, 2012 at 6:24 pm

True Blood has better actors.

February 8, 2012 at 6:27 pm

And so your choice of cover photos would be….

• Gracie

February 8, 2012 at 11:58 pm

I love the vampire diaries but true blood wins on all three!

17. louise

February 8, 2012 at 7:43 pm

Set1: TVD. Although the photos are trying to convey what the shows were all about, the TVD shot was more tastefully done. Still, both are sexy.

Set2: TVD. I do not care much for the Bill/Sookie pic because Sookie looked uncomfortable.

Set3: TB. Eric/Sookie pic fully clothed had loads more hotness on the pic than the Stefan/Elena pic.

=)

18. May

February 8, 2012 at 11:58 pm

TB for all three sets. VD’s boudoir theme is just a little tired and done, and the poor girl does not seem to look comfortable at all.

19. Desiree

February 9, 2012 at 2:59 am

True Blood for set one because it’s so risque!
    Vampire Diaries (though I’ve watched one episode before) for set two because Ian Somerhalder is just so sexy. Plus, Stephen Moyer looks out of place compared to Anna Paquin’s pose/expression.
    True Blood for set three because Alexander Skarsgard is the coup de gras of all sexy human beings and Anna Paquin looks ravishing–though we only see her backside.
    Nina Dobrev seems to be a bit repetitive in her shots–unless it was the same shoot for all three, then disregard that, kind of.

20. Bethany

February 9, 2012 at 4:46 am

First off please let me note that while reading the other posts I started laughing because you all are talking about “liking” TB and VD which are both also known as horrible diseases. I know what they stand for here, but that one made me laugh. I don’t usually think of TB as Tuberculosis or the old fashioned VD as Vinereal Disease, but for some reason when listing them side by side it just comes to mind. “Oh, I like TB better than VD” LOL Just had to share that part first.

Next please note that I tried to watch VD and just could not get into the show. So I would not have a clue who or what relationships these covers convey outside of the obvious. That being said I rather wish the photographers had chosen the poses they used in VD pics for sets 2 and 3 for the TB characters instead. When I pictured the poses swapped out those pics would have been really hot. (If Eric was peeking up at the camera with that mischevious look he gets, wrapped from behind Sookie like in set 3??? HOT HOT HOT) But alass, they did not choose to do this.

set 1: I vote True Blood, I just found it much hotter.
    Set 2: I think I have to vote VD for the pics, but could picture Sookie/Bill in that pose and THAT would have been 100X hotter yet.
    Set 3: IMHO Sookie/Eric. I might be biased because I just think the couple looks best together, but Even though the pose would have made it better if Sookie/Eric had done the VD pose in this set, I personally didn’t think it worked as well for whoever that is in those pics.

No matter what my opinion is about the pics, I see there is a debate about the shows and I am a TB fan to the core. VD just never clicked with me, not even the books and that takes a LOT to make me not be interested in reading a book series.

21. Nessy

February 9, 2012 at 6:26 am

Uh I never seen TVD, but looking at the images I vote all TB mostly because the female in the TVD ones…the expression looks the same in each one just seems so…lifeless to me. =/ I think if her expression was a bit more…had a bit more feeling in the first one I’ll probably give TVD the first one just for the sheer fact Eric looks off on the first set and both the guys on TVD seem to give more feeling. But I feel the first image of TB pretty much tells what the show is about. Gosh all of that sounded jumbled.

2nd second to be more thorough again, not a fan of the female and that same expression. Sookie doesn’t look that uncomfortable to me if anything I think it shows how attach Bill is to her…like “She’s mine” type thing with a hold like that…

3rd….the TVD looks a little better than the first two well the female does. Her expression is a bit better, but still pretty much the same. Again TB gets my vote because I think the image with Sookie and Eric tells more than what the TVD one does. It’s like kinda…it’s wrong, but it feels right type of thing. I think it just tells more about how those two are.

In conclusion I think all the TVD ones is just trying to look too sexy. They all pretty much look the same, but I half blame that on the main female’s expression, but then again could be because she is in the same pose it seems. At least with Sookie’s it’s not the same. Now the guys on TVD took great shots, but yeah….hmm…sorry I don’t know the character’s name since I never seen it. ^^;

22. RM

February 9, 2012 at 11:02 am

I am voting for True Blood trice!
    TVD ones look like you changed some colors and phtoshopped a different guy (or both) in, while the girl just does EXACTLY the same pose. Where as in in the TB pics, there is at least some creativity in the composition of the photo. I absolutely LOVE the 1st TB pic, it just summarises the entire show!
    Over all I think the TB pics just tell alot about the show, in contrast with the other pictures which could also be a underwear commercial.
    I don’t watch the VD’s so but that had nothing to do with my favouring of the TB pics. (I actually dont like the Bill/Sookie one very much because Bill is never that happy in the show.)

23. V

February 9, 2012 at 11:10 am

I love the TB photos because the vampire in them really shows. The VD shots could be any shots of any series with these characters in them. The TB photos, I think, really shows something more (as one previous speaker already mentioned) than sex appeal. The blood needs to be there, hey – they’re vamps! And I also think the really vampish ownership-thing shows in the TB pictures, Sookie is theirs. And the shot with Paquin and Moyer is really something, I think. His love for her shows very much in his face, although his vampire feelings of her being his also shows in the body language.

24. Lea

February 9, 2012 at 2:26 pm

I absolutely LOVE both shows! And could not pick between the two.However I think the TVD cover is better (don’t ask me why I just do) and it is not because I like TVD better… I don’t they are both unique and different in there own way. And I NEVER miss an episode of either show!

25. Kim

February 9, 2012 at 3:57 pm

Set 1 – TB, Set 2 TVD (Bill looks like he’s strangling Sookie), Set 3 TB

26. L.

February 9, 2012 at 4:11 pm

also to put the elena stefan one with eric and sookie and the bill and sookie one with damon and elena, it should be switched, damon and eric are more alike and stefan is probably a little bit more like bill, even though stefan is still much cooler:)

February 9, 2012 at 4:47 pm

That’s not how I chose to match them up.

27. StaceyJ

February 10, 2012 at 12:59 am

I like the True Blood pictures.. Cause I don’t watch the VD.. Tried the first episode and it was not my taste.. I like True Blood. It’s more racy and really well done..
    I think they are more daring with storylines and the acting and all the gory and good writing.
    Sorry the last season of True Blood was far the best of them all.

28. Carona

February 10, 2012 at 9:34 am

I love the True Blood cover shoots all of them I am truly a TB fans but all the cover shoots even TVD look amazing but my vote goes to my favorite show True Blood baby I have the Rolling Stone cover in a frame so do the Eric /Sookie cover . I love my viking

29. Megan

February 10, 2012 at 1:53 pm

I think the TB photos are better but then again I LOVE true blood

30. Snowflake

February 11, 2012 at 4:43 am

True Blood RULES!!! Vampire Diaries is for children!

February 12, 2012 at 10:01 am

That’s good to know but what did you think about the photos?

31. Syy

February 11, 2012 at 10:44 pm

Set# 1, TB hans down… Even though Ian is so way not sore on the eyes by any means. I just think that the TVD pic is a bit cold… I think they could have done better.
    Set#2, TVD has to take this one… I think it’s trying to hard to be sexy But, TB’s lighting just don’t measure up.
    Set#3, TB has my vote. Now that’s SEXY!!! With TVD I think they over did it again with the trying to hard.

32. Elisha_Q

February 16, 2012 at 8:18 am

1.True blood wins, altough I would have put some blood around the mouths of Bill an Eric.
    2.The Vampire Diaries is better, if Bill had put his hand on Sookie’s right hand it would have been better and it would have been kind of cute.
    3.Again True Blood wins, how can it not win when there is Eric and it looks so cute – like Sookie is affraid of the big bad wolf and Eric is protecting her. (I know damsel in distress, right, but it still works fine.) Altough I am not sure who’s more scary the big bad wolf or the big bad Eric 🙂

33. Ashley

February 16, 2012 at 10:24 pm

I like the sexiness in Set# 1 … that’s my fave.

34. Sammy

February 19, 2012 at 11:26 pm

4 gorgeous guys and two very hot girls…I’d say it’s a tie! Both shows have their merit, and have equally sexy cast members! I think both sets are amazing….can’t I just be the good guy who agrees that they’re both hot? Who cares what ones better-more eye candy to look at!

Although I will admit I have a soft spot for Alexander Skarsgard…

But both sets are beautiful <3

35. Erin

February 20, 2012 at 10:14 pm

I love them both.. I would have to vote for Vampire Diaries because I can watch it with my son..True Blood however is a guilty pleasure I can’t stop watching 🙂 — True Blood is wonderful and has a more “mature” story line but even so… Damon from Vampire Diaries is much hotter than the vampires of True Blood ( although Eric is definitely a close second)

36. Viv

February 21, 2012 at 5:57 pm

First image with Bill, Sookie and Eric is the best. It a bit shocking and true to the spirit of the show down to the nudity and the blood. TVD has nice pics but could be any show or soap also Elena has a bit of a boring pose in the photos. A bit of personality showing through would have been nice and the guys look great anyway! Not keen on the 3rd TB image with Eric as he looks freakish tiny and Sookie is oddly large! The magazine must have done a rush job with Photoshop. Would like to see a really good publicity shot of Eric and Sookie together as they are such an interesting couple. I enjoy TVD but it’s not in the same league as True Blood. Even minor characters who appear for one scene can be unforgettable – Mrs Smallwood for example – I laughed so much I cried. Hope they do some more minisodes this year.