Official Synopsis for DEADLOCKED

Penguin just updated their website with the official synopsis for [easyazon-link asin=”B0072NZZGM”]Deadlocked[/easyazon-link], book 12 in the Southern Vampire Mysteries:

It’s vampire politics as usual around the town of Bon Temps, but never before have they hit so close to Sookie’s heart…

Growing up with telepathic abilities, Sookie Stackhouse realized early on there were things she’d rather not know. And now that she’s an adult, she also realizes that some things she knows about, she’d rather not see—like Eric Northman feeding off another woman. A younger one.

There’s a thing or two she’d like to say about that, but she has to keep quiet—Felipe de Castro, the Vampire King of Louisiana (and Arkansas and Nevada), is in town. It’s the worst possible time for a human body to show up in Eric’s front yard—especially the body of the woman whose blood he just drank.

Now, it’s up to Sookie and Bill, the official Area Five investigator, to solve the murder. Sookie thinks that, at least this time, the dead girl’s fate has nothing to do with her. But she is wrong. She has an enemy, one far more devious than she would ever suspect, who’s set out to make Sookie’s world come crashing down.

[easyazon-link asin=”B0072NZZGM”]Deadlocked[/easyazon-link] arrives in bookstores May 1, but you can see some teasers from Liz here.

1. Holly

March 5, 2012 at 7:34 pm

I wonder if Eric’s potential vampire wife, the queen (Kansas, I think?), is setting this up to tear sookie and Eric apart?

• Lizzy

March 6, 2012 at 11:49 am

In the Chapter 2 excerpt on Charlaine’s website Mustapha gives Sookie a warning about Jannalyn. I don’t think a vampire queen would feel any need to set anything up, and why would she want to frame Eric for trouble if she wants to marry him?

• Elisha_Q

March 6, 2012 at 12:51 pm

Jannalyn is not the sharpes tool in the box albeit a highly effective one in killing. The word devious is not one I would use about Jannalyn, may be someone related to Victor.

• Aziajs

March 10, 2012 at 3:41 am

I wonder the same thing! It’s the most logical conclusion….although the Jannalyn idea makes sense too.

2. Nothinbutjoy

March 5, 2012 at 10:37 pm

CAN.NOT.WAIT.

This is killing me!

LOL

• Bethany

March 12, 2012 at 2:08 am

DITTO!!!! I already have the book paid for. I bought a gift card so I can just go pick it up the minute the store opens on May 1st. My family is getting sick of hearing about it. He he he. I absolutely love this site because I am reminded that I am not alone in my obsession.

3. Bethany

March 12, 2012 at 2:06 am

I got the feeling that the big bad that puts the body in the yard is one of the Fae. I was under the impression that they are gearing up for a Fae battle for those who were left behind to try go home once again. However it totally could be JannaLynne. She has a bone to pick with Sookie (I know they don’t use major plot lines in the short stories after the whole debacle with Hadley’s death) who is so close with Sam, his business partner, his friend, and he took her to his sister’s wedding as his fake girlfriend, AND she was more easily accepted by his famiiy. Not to mention that Sam totally has a thing for Sookie, and any girl worth her snuff (I would think a Were would be even more so) can pick up on such a connection as what they have. It is possible that she is working with someone else to make such a thing happen also.

And lets not forget that Eric is contracted to marry a queen. It is very likely that someone who doesn’t want that to happen is trying to get him into trouble so that the wedding can’t go forward. We know he doesn’t want to marry her, but the other Vamps have to be under the impression that he does, or I am assuming that he and Sookie and Pam would all be in danger. It is also very likely that (my mind is thinking they are working together as there are always spies everywhere) Fellipe’s crew is after Eric for his possible rise in power, and also because somebody has to have figured out that he/Pam/Sookie had something to do with the unexplained disappearance of the henchmen that were secretly sent to kill Sookie and Pam, not to mention the ambush of Victor and his entire crew.

This is why I love these books and CH so very, very much. There are so many possiblilities, and in the end, even when I totally guessed the outcome, she never ceases to surprise me. The plot lines are never just simple and straight forward. They are always all twisted up in a way that makes it amazing to read and re-read the books over and over again.