CASTING NEWS: It’s Faery Triplet Time on True Blood! (SPOILERS)

Well they sure kept this quiet! We’ve been speculating about the possibility of more faeries on True Blood season 5. We wondered if recasting Claude meant that we’d be revisiting Sookie’s faery godmother storyline, even though Claudine was killed last season. And now Deadline confirms our suspicions: get ready to meet Claudette!

Bookies know that Claudette is a triplet, along with Claude and Claudine, but she was killed before we met Sookie in the first novel. (She appears in the short story “Fairy Dust” in [easyazon-link asin=”0441011977″]Powers of Detection: Stories of Mystery and Fantasy[/easyazon-link].) According to Deadline, Camilla Luddington will play Claudette on True Blood this season, and it sounds like she may be taking over Claudine’s role. Per the site, Claudette will give Sookie “insight into what it means to be a faerie.”

What do you think about this news? Are you stoked about the possibility of seeing the Claudine we loved from the novels, reborn as Claudette?

1. Jacqueline

March 20, 2012 at 11:19 am

I actually like this new twist. I was hoping since they killed Claudine off earlier they’d bring in Claudette to “fill that role”. I know that they often times combine characters, and switch characters around etc. So with Claudine dying sooner than she did in the books it only makes sense to have the show Claudette be alive. I do like the unpredictable character combinations and role reversals they tend to do. And she’s a perfect Claudette by the way the stories described her.

2. MayaKesh

March 20, 2012 at 11:37 am

I’ve gotten my sister into the series, I have all the books on my Kindle….the only downside to actual books, she finds it confusing how the characters e.g. Lafayette is still alive when I told her he was killed and Tara isn’t such an important character in the books,she was confounded. I’d like to see Naill brought in, and, Sookie not turning out so cynical in future novels. The feary aspect has to be explored further. Just bumping my gums…..sorry!

3. Abel

March 20, 2012 at 11:47 am

I KNEW IT! Great twist to the story line, do you know what episode she will appear in?

4. esw45

March 20, 2012 at 11:53 am

Yes…..I like the faries…..much more interesting than the weres and exploring Sookies fairy side would be nice and especially if Niall shows up and he has had a relationship with Eric like on the books…..interesting development there.

5. Jules

March 20, 2012 at 12:22 pm

Guessing they noticed fans felt shortchanged with show “Claudine”(?) I too, am excited to see how this develops. 🙂

6. Melanie

March 20, 2012 at 2:36 pm

Wishing time would hurry up so we can get to watching! So excited to see the fairy story playing out

7. Tina

March 20, 2012 at 3:04 pm

I think the fairy thing is good but Tara has got to go.

8. Jennifer

March 20, 2012 at 3:48 pm

I’m glad they are adding more with the faeries this season as long as they don’t do it in the same way the did last season with the opener to me that was just um well my mother taught me if you do not have something nice to say then don’t say anything at all and I will just leave it at that.

As far as keeping this quiet it seems to me that there is a lot less spoilers being released this season. Seems like they are keeping a lot under wraps and want us all to keep guessing as to what it going to happen this year. Even when I check in on the “True Blood Blog” there is not much like there was year before.

I would also like to say that Mel & Liz you both do a great job at giving us what is out there on spoiler and I greatly appreciate all the time and effort you both put into this site.

March 20, 2012 at 4:12 pm

I agree, they are playing it close to the vest this year. Which makes me verrrrrrry curious about what’s coming up in season 5.

Thanks for the kind words, Jennifer!

9. Susanna

March 20, 2012 at 9:16 pm

Love the Claudine/Claudette twist!! I think we are all in agreement, however…I have to stick up for my girl Tara!! When the real Tara comes out, you just have to cheer her on, like when she’s with Layfayette!!! I’d love to see more with those two. Their banter is so much fun to watch. Hopefully, Tara will be stronger this season, vampire or not!

10. Bethany

March 21, 2012 at 4:44 pm

I have always said they would probably do something like this. Don’t really know why they did it backwards like that, killing off Claudine and not Claudette, but think this opens up a whole bunch of storyline possiblities. And who knows, maybe Claudette will turn out to be Claudine anyway. They are Fairies after all, and who knows all the mojo they got going on. LOL

Ugh, I seriously can’t wait. It feels like it is taking a lifetime for Deadlocked to hit the shelves, and hearing this just makes the time go even slower for the show to start airing again. (Oh how I wish they could make this amazing show like a soap opera, 5 days a week, all year long. )

11. NannyVamp

March 21, 2012 at 10:03 pm

Yes! Yes! Yes! I am so excited about this storyline. I, like some others, wasn’t really thrilled with the brief glimpse we got last season into Faery. It seemed kind of strange. Sookie needs to understand that part of her.

12. sucksbeinginred

March 24, 2012 at 5:48 am

I wish they hurry up and show the next true blood for god sake you know waiting is not my thing seriously speaking but I really like the books and the movie is kind of a twist in a then and then kind of thing

13. jacamo

March 24, 2012 at 1:16 pm

Sounds to me like they realized they messed up with Claudine on the show making her a terrible character different from the book and killing her too early

14. Shanda B.

March 25, 2012 at 2:01 pm

I love the books. I also love the series. I wish the series would be more like the books. I read all of the books. I’m waiting on book 13 to come out, but I am also stoked to see how everything works out with the series.

15. lucy

April 3, 2012 at 11:03 am

since my name is claudette… i’m totally stoked.
    i was really pissed when i found out she was dead whilst reading the books, so for them to bring her into the series is pretty exciting. looking forward to it to seeing the fairy in season 5 🙂