Joe Manganiello: “We’re gonna go further than my character went in the books.”

At last night’s Duracell event to support the U.S. Olympic basketball team, True Blood star Joe Manganiello gave Extra some tantalizing teases about season 5.

He’s already worked more in the first six episodes of True Blood season 5 than he did in all of seasons 3 and 4, and he promises that Alcide will go further than he did in the books – “action-wise, romantically…” Ooooh!

video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player

1. Dee

March 22, 2012 at 5:33 pm

That’s a tease indeed!

• esw45

March 22, 2012 at 5:59 pm

That’s not a surprise…..most of us figured he will be the Quinn type used as the suitor that’s not a vampire…..he just bores me personally to death and the weres do too overall….

2. Rina

March 22, 2012 at 8:50 pm

Well, here is a lot of werewolf action on Book 5, so maybe we’ll finally see something exciting happening with this species. It’s nice that Joe is really enjoying his work on TB. It’s true that his character hadn’t had a lot of development in S3-4, so it’ll be great to see what he does in S5. I always felt that the evolution of Alcide in the books was in parallel to Sookie’s evolution in the books, so as we learn more about her, we should learn more about him.

3. Elisha_Q

March 23, 2012 at 4:48 am

It might just mean that he becomes packmaster earlier not that he is involved with Sookie.

• esw45

March 23, 2012 at 7:12 am

I don’t know Elisha Q ……I think he becomes packmaster and is involved with sookie too…..I don’t think she should be romantically involved with him or anyone at least right now but especially since she killed his ex Debbie….but that TB drama. But I hope she stays single and unattached until she knows what she wants and need to be with.

• Elisha_Q

March 24, 2012 at 2:44 am

I hope she finds him lying in her bed and she tels him to get the eff out. It would be hilarious. 🙂

4. Jules

March 23, 2012 at 11:41 am

Hoping that we are going to see more of the political aspects; fight for pack master, and Alcide finding a healthy, intellegent were. I don’t care to see him hooking up with Sookie. I just don’t think that will play out well for the fans of the show. Sookie is already on probation as it is ( IMO) for how she is dealing w/ her current loves. Prefer to see them as good friends. Have to say, we def benefit from the books being in her perspective…her decision making, if at times impulsive, still made sense.