VIDEO: True Blood Season 5 Scene with Sookie & Alcide {SPOILERS}

HBO aired another teaser for True Blood season 5 tonight, prior to Game of Thrones, reminding us that waiting sucks. It’s a short scene on set with Joe Manganiello and Anna Paquin as Alcide lets Sookie in on a little secret.

Who else is happy to see someone letting Sookie in on the truth?

Updated:
Apparently there’s an extended version on HBO GO.

Updated 04.09.12: Here’s a description of the rest of the scene that’s available on HBO GO (I don’t think we’re allowed to post it online; they want folks to sign up for their app). It takes place after the Alcide/Sookie scene above and is about 48 seconds long:

Lafayette storms into Sookie’s kitchen, interrupting her and Alcide. Lafayette yells, “Get the f*** out of here, wolf.”

Alcide stands up, and Lafayette shoves him back. Alcide mutters to Sookie, “What the f*** is his problem?” To Lafayette he says, “I’m sorry about you and your boyfriend, but I’m here because Sookie’s in danger.”

Lafayette replies, “I heard. I’ve been listening. How the f*** do you think you’re going to protect her from an ancient, pissed off vampire when all werewolves do is get vampires even more pissed off? We’re done with all of this supernatural bulls**t, you heard me? No vampires, no ghosts, no witches, no maenads and no f***ing werewolves!”

Lafayette pushes Alcide again, harder this time, and Alcide responds with a growl. Lafayette says, “Why don’t y’all just get the f*** up out of our lives, hmm?”

Alcide pleads with them, “I’m throwing you a lifeline here. Please take it.”

Sookie says, “Like I said, I can’t.”

***

Looks like Sookie and Lafayette will be spending some time together; this makes me happy, even though Lala is so very sad and angry.

1. Sammy

April 8, 2012 at 8:25 pm

Kinda already guessed on the Russell part but still nice to have a peak!! Hopefully there will be many more Sookie/Alcide moments in season 5!! Waiting sucks!!

• esw45

April 8, 2012 at 8:35 pm

Alcide agenda is to always try to make the vamps look bad because he hates them…..he could have told her before now about Russell not being dead …..he knew they buried him alive but he didn’t say anything too….Alcide does nothing for me he is way too judgemental

• Gracie

April 11, 2012 at 4:56 am

Alcide just wants to make it look like he’s the guy that always tells the truth! I hope in season 5 they make him show his true colors!!!!!!

2. Pogonip

April 8, 2012 at 9:22 pm

There are a lot of trailers on HBOGo, including this one, but they’re exactly the same as what has aired. It’s sort of convenient, they’re all there in the same place, season after season, but no extras. Sorry!

• esw45

April 8, 2012 at 9:47 pm

The HBOGo trailer does work……I just watched it …

3. Nothinbutjoy

April 8, 2012 at 10:28 pm

On my iPad, hbogo will only take me to where to watch all seasons’ episodes. Where are you finding teaser/trailers?

• esw45

April 8, 2012 at 10:51 pm

When I went to HBOGo.com they had a promo of trueblood trailer wanted me to signin then after I did it took me straight to the trailer with lafeyette, Alcide and Sookie….I really like lafeyette in this trailer he was in Alcide butt!

• Carnie

April 9, 2012 at 12:50 pm

Whoa, wait, what!? Lafeyette was in alicide’s butt!? WTF you need to write that more clearly :/

• esw45

April 9, 2012 at 1:51 pm

He was talking and not in a good way, about him in particular but in general about all kinds of supernatural beings in general and how he and sookie are going to stay away from them.

4. Abel

April 9, 2012 at 12:56 am

I really like how sookie looks in this scene.

5. Elisha_Q

April 9, 2012 at 1:33 am

Oh good HBO Go – the only problem is that it works only for USA. Not even Canada?! They really have to make it available in Europe because we want to watch those trailers too.

6. Nancy

April 9, 2012 at 7:06 pm

Did anyone pay attention at how Sookie replies at the end “Like I said, I can’t.”? Her can’t is a little bit strong. Maybe Lala is not letting her get involved with supernatural stuff anymore or maybe because the whole Tara stuff. Any theories?

• Ampurp

April 9, 2012 at 8:10 pm

She said it too forced but we all know that it was not the truth. Even if Sookie tried not to get involved with the supernatural she will have to be since she is a faerie and Lala is a medium. I do think that both of them are burnt out because they had to just bury Tara (and possibly Jesus or Debbie) so they are so over the wolves, witches, ghost, and vampires. They have both lost so much and they are all each other really has right now(Jason is a bit too shallow to be counted).

7. Ampurp

April 9, 2012 at 8:17 pm

I wonder if this scene is from the first episode.

If it is….I definitely believe that Sookie will try, as difficult as it will be, to stay away from the supernatural. Both she and Lala have lost too much in the past year and a half. We do not know if Tara will be vampire or ghost, but it seems like Lala and Sookie are all each other has. I hope that they will spend time helping each other through the hard times.

On another note why wouldn’t Alcide tell Sookie about Russell being alive if he knew? He is a were, claims to care about Sookie, and knows the vampires keep secrets. I also wonder if Sookie and Lala will tell anyone about Tara dying?

April 9, 2012 at 8:28 pm

Yes, this is from the season premiere. If you look closely when they show the clapboard, you can see that it says season 5 episode 1.

8. Donna Lynn

April 9, 2012 at 10:08 pm

Alcide was being too kind. Sookie needs to be left to fend for herself. Let her realize how her two faced stuck up ways are doing nothing but making her the bad guy in my opinion.

• Shelli

April 9, 2012 at 11:38 pm

2 me, Sookie need to defend on her own,she’s getting too wimpy lately. I think where faeries will come in & to teach her fight. Yeah, Pam will get her for help from Claude,I think Eric send Claude to fetched her out of the faerieland during s3 & s4(because he was busy to doing authority stuff).

She don’t need a wolfie man,but all she need to use a kicka** sword to kick Russell’s butt!!!

April 10, 2012 at 1:13 pm

I think I’ll stick up for Sookie here a bit. I think calling her “two-faced” and “stuck up” are a bit harsh and uncalled for. You’ll have to explain that to me in more detail and with some valid examples. As for her needing to “fend for herself”, I think maybe you are forgetting that it was Sookie who fended for herself when Rene attacked her in the first season. It was Sookie who fended for herself when she came to Bill’s rescue against the Rattrays. Sookie saved a lot of people by herself throughout the past four seasons. She’s been the strong one when it came to investigating what happened to those she cares about. I see Sookie as a very strong female lead character when the bullet hits the bone and the need arises. So far, she’s shown more strength of character and mind than the others on the show. And even during those times when she did show weakness, it was because she was passionate about something else at the time. I can’t say as much for any other character on the show.

April 10, 2012 at 3:09 pm

+1000

• Shelli

April 11, 2012 at 12:58 am

Well She didn’t known how to use her power……That’s it’s Claudine saved her from the Rattrays…..Sookie didn’t known better to go Claudine & faeries. I known she want to know more about her. At least she looks up more about them on the internet or check out a book on them. I also think it’s very selfish of her to left poor Eric to witches like that,because he’s helpless & Sookie wouldn’t adonaded like that.

April 11, 2012 at 2:55 pm

I don’t think you are understanding what I wrote, Shelli.

• Elisha_Q

April 12, 2012 at 4:36 am

Leave POOR Eric to the witches !?! Sorry but Sookie’s capabilities does not make her immortal and Eric was bewitched by the witches twice just because he is immortal and arogant, and kinda stupid knowing what happend 400 years ago because of a witch. Sookie still doesn’t know how to use her capabilities because no one taught her how to do it – how is that her fault. Do you really think that she can google “How to use our hands of light” and get a responce, a manual may be ? It was brave of her go after the Rattrays and try to save Bill and just because Claudine saved her does not make it less brave. If you were in her place would you go against two people and potentially drained and not so freandly any more vampire.

• Ampurp

April 12, 2012 at 3:04 pm

@Liz

I can understand the previous poster’s annoyance with Sookie and why she called her two-faced and stuck-up. I originally loved Sookie but as the series progress she changed and most times not in a good way. Just hear me out…

Sookie was touted as this kind, strong, dependable woman but as the seasons progressed her actions did not match that. Her bravery was often clouded by stupidity, she agree to help Eric anytime to save someone she did not know (hello did we all not see him flick a human like a piece of paper?). When she got with Bill she turned her back on her friends and family. We are not talking about not hanging out or just wanting to cuddle with her boyfriend; but the fact that people she loved were in crisis and she wasn’t available to help them because she indebted herself to the vampires. Would Tara have gotten involved with Marianne or Franklin if Sookie was there? Would Jason have ended up at the FOTS and possibly Hotshots if he could have talked to Sookie? Lets not forget Sam is her “best friend” yet how many times has she left him in the dark? At times she acted like she was better than people, when she too was making bad decisions. She went into the faerie portal without telling anyone; leaving them to grieve for her for over a year.

Now I understand with “new faerie powers comes new responsibility” but Sookie has not grown, she has regressed into a person she would judged. I miss the kind Sookie who was willing to help a strange vampire, even if he set her up. When now have a Sookie who uses others to serve her agenda (Alcide, lala, Sam, Eric, etc), who is no longer the fist person her friends call when in crisis, who didn’t notice her brother was missing and being raped, or that her best friend brother is dead.

• Elisha_Q

April 13, 2012 at 2:34 am

So you think that Sookie has to stay alone her whole life, waiting by the phone for someone to call so that she can save the poor thing and act like none of her friends has head on treir sholders. Sookie is not everybody’s personal bouncer and she actually saves them in the end. People have their own heads to think with them and ocasionaly make mistakes. And after all do you always listen to your friends advices even if you know you’re going to make a mistake if don’t listen.

• Ampurp

April 13, 2012 at 4:06 pm

No, nor did I say that. What I said was Sookie should have been the person she is touted as being and I can understand why a person might call her those things. Liz asked for reasons and examples, I gave that. Just like you are justifying why Sookie is great, I gave reason why she isn’t. She is human and I expect her to make mistakes, I expect her to live her life, I don’t expect her to drop everything and be everything to everybody but what I do expect is for a person to maintain their sense of self even through changes.

April 13, 2012 at 1:12 pm

It’s clear that we see Sookie as two completely different people. You want Sookie to be Wonder Woman and I just think she is a smart, brave and caring character lead. She cannot be everywhere and be all things to all the other characters on the show, nor do they even want her to be. She did not turn her back on friends and family when she dated Bill. She simply dated a vampire, she didn’t cut herself off from everyone else. Tara was running away from her drunk mother and wound up with Maryann. Neither Sookie nor Tara could have fought off Franklin at that time. Jason didn’t WANT to talk with Sookie and he was trying to prove that he was a responsible person and not such a disappointment to everyone. It was never really established on the show whether Sam and Sookie were “best friends”. He was her employer, so she was not accountable to him for anything she decided to do. As far as going into the fairie portal and leaving her friends for a year, she had no idea how time passed once inside the fairie world. She didn’t find that out until she was already there and she didn’t find out how long she was gone until she came back. And if you want to talk about using people, I think Bill, Eric and Alcide have all done their fair share of using that girl for their own purposes. And who is the “best friend brother” who died? I don’t know who you are talking about.

• esw45

April 13, 2012 at 2:02 pm

I agree with you Liz, Sookie has made mistakes but all of the people in Bon Temps have made mistakes at times but Sookie at heart is a very good person because she treats everyone the same whether they are vamps, weres, fairies and human. She always thinks that there is good in people even if they don’t think there is; Eric is an example of this theory, that she always believed there was and is good in him even he doesn’t think about there being good in him, that’s a human notion. Sookie loves her family and friends like Tara, who is more her sister than just friend, Sookie’s naive ways gets her into trouble but she means well so we should give her a break.

Bill has used her very badly, Eric has used her not quite as much but he has and Alcide we will probably see him use her before this season 5 is over, I am sure. Sookie will always believe the good in people no matter how many times they let her down….it’s her nature.
            I personally just want to see her make smarter choices in relationships in the future, hopefully this season we will start to see the transformation occur.

• Ampurp

April 13, 2012 at 4:35 pm

No I do not want Sookie to be wonder woman, I can assume that based on your reply that you believe Sookie has no faults; your making an assumption that because I can see her faults I do not see her good qualities. As I stated to the other person, you stated that Sookie is not “two-faced” or “stuck-up”, I gave you valid reason why she CAN be seen that way. I never said I expected her to drop everything and be everything to everyone; I just wanted her to maintain some semblance of the character we were led to believe she is.

The thing is, as Sookie best friend, Tara was drowning and had Sookie been there she would have seen it and offered advice….or just been there. Sookie does state that Sam (whose brother Tommy is dead) is one of her best friends on the show and to run off and do vampire things, she missed a lot of work. She would have been fired but she used their friendship to her advantage. Sam was only her employer when he butted in her love life or said something she did not want to hear. Lastly, Sookie knew that the faerie realm was different, when she went there when she was hurt. So a smart person would have told someone that she needed time alone or that she was entering into a strange world. Regardless if she did not know how time moved, she knew there could be a possibility of danger.

Now I never said anyone else is without faults, they all have faults and are to blame for the mistakes they make. A person is not one thing or another: they can be brave and strong, they can be capable of great stupidity and of brilliance, they can be kind and caring, judgmental and stuck-up, and they can be two-faced and weak. All good characters should have duality because that is human nature. Do I think Sookie is brave, smart, and caring? Yes but she is also judgmental, two-faced, and occasionally guilty of great stupidity; so are Jason, Jessica, Sam, Tara, Lala, Bill, Eric Alcide, etc.

• esw45

April 13, 2012 at 5:22 pm

No I definitely think Sookie has faults….she does and says things that make me scratch my head sometimes….more or less we agree

• Elisha_Q

April 14, 2012 at 6:32 am

@ Ampurp
            It is just in Sookie’s nature to want to help when she knows someone needs it and not knowing of someone’s need of help does not make her careless of it. I haven’t notised Sookie having anything stuck-up about her and she never went behind someone’s back to call her two-faced. She was an emotional wreck when she entered the fairy world and it was unexpected, she couldn’t possibly have told anyone and the only person she would tell where she was going was her grandmother, she felt betrayed by everybody else. I am sorry but Jason was a victim of his own thinking with the wrong head, as always. If Sookie misses work it coldn’t possibly bother Sam’s business cause there are plenty of other waitresses to take her place. Sam would have killed that idiot Tommy himself before he started to change his ways and became somewhat a better person, so that is not much of a loss and I actually think that Sam killed Marcus more because of Luna and Tommy’s death was just the straw that broke the camil’s back. We agree only that occasionaly everybody is guilty of great stupidity but that is the writers view on the characters.

• Ampurp

April 14, 2012 at 10:10 am

@Elisha_Q

Like I said I see good in Sookie but I see the bad as well. I do not believe in the notion a person needs to be given credit for just showing up. It is like the bad argument that because a writer publicly releases a bad book, they are free from criticism because “they tried” and “hey YOU try to get a book published and released.” People keep saying “well Sookie did this” and “why should she have done…” because this person did not ask her. But no one asked Sookie to read their mind and tell them when they did wrong, but she did. And again we are not talking about strangers, we are talking about friends, good friends. The defense is that she can’t be everything to everyone, when that was not what I said. Then it becomes these people are their own people, which I never said they were not. To since “I cannot see it,” it is not there and Sookie is a saint for just doing what she has done.

If all you do is justify someone actions, you are looking through rose colored glasses. You might only see stupidity when they do something you do not want them to do. Sookie has been stuck-up, thinking she was better than Hugo and plenty of other people, judging people when she has made just as many mistakes. Being two-faced is not just about going behind someones back; it is being hypocritical or double-dealing; deceitful. Sookie has lied, chastise people for actions she was guilty of. Even though Russell deserved everything he got; would kind, caring Sookie have dumped someones love one remains down the garbage disposal? It is so funny that very few people want to take the bad with Sookie, they want to justify all her bad as everyone else fault because like I said the show touted Sookie as being kind, strong, and dependable and that is how people see her. But like I said that is not how it works otherwise Jason will only be stupid, Eric will only be evil, Bill only deceitful, etc and we must justify all their actions accordingly.

• Elisha_Q

April 14, 2012 at 11:36 am

@ Ampurp
            Well we obviously have different definitions of two-fased. For me two-faced is someone who sais that he’s your friend and then behind your back is doing everything possible to destroy your life. Stuck-up means that you think you’re better than everybody and may be only your few friends are your equals, and nothing would change your mind about the worthiness of other people. I don’t approve everything that Sookie does because it is human nature to react differently acording to the situation, sometimes even surprising your own self. And actually I don’t like Sookie (at least the TB Sookie ) she is way too naive and screams a lot more than she should – I mean what is the point of all that screaming, it doesn’t help much. But I do think that most of the time she is pretty fair game with everybody. She might be a christian but she not one to give her other cheek. She is not a saint and I like that about her – tooth for a tooth and eye for an eye is the way to go if somebody is trying to kill you or knows that you probably will get killed because of his actions ( Russel; Hugo ). Sookie is kind and careing but only with those who deserve it and don’t try to harm her in any way. For me it is called common sense you call it being two faced and stuck-up.
            Lets agree to disagree shall we. 🙂

• Ampurp

April 15, 2012 at 3:38 pm

@Elisha_Q

Wow…we could agree to disagree if we were on the same page but you still seem to fail to understand what I am saying or have said. This sentence says it all….

For me it is called common sense you call it being two faced and stuck-up.

I replied to the notion that because Sookie is kind and caring she cannot be two-faced or stuck-up; which is a fallacy because people are not just one thing, one does not cancel the other out. I choose the dictionary definition for two-faced and stuck-up and these traits are not absolute. Nor should they be disregarded based on circumstances. Nor should we excuse bad behaviors different from how the person normally acts as “common sense.”

No one is always stuck-up or two-faced, nor is someone always kind, caring, honest or dependable; that is human nature. Personalities are not absolute, neither are reactions or emotions. How is it logical to say that Sookie must only be kind and caring…especially when the argument is she is only that way to those deserving? Common sense is the basic level of practical knowledge and judgment that we all need to help us live in a reasonable and safe way.

What I will agree is that you do not understand my stance and that I won’t say any more about the issue.

9. Tony

April 10, 2012 at 12:44 am

To anyone who saw the whole clip on HBO GO, when Sookie says “I can’t” doesn’t she seem scared? like Lafayette won’t let her leave?

April 10, 2012 at 3:11 pm

No, she seems determined, like she won’t leave and Alcide can’t make her.

10. Angie trueblood4fans Fan from Poland

April 10, 2012 at 1:43 am

I love Alcide 🙂

Join us in Poland 🙂

• Elisha_Q

April 11, 2012 at 2:31 pm

Thank you for putting the full clip. 😉

11. Jovi

April 10, 2012 at 3:55 am

yes yes yes! i love Russell! and i sure do hope Sookie finds shelter somewhere else, Russell doesn’t have to be invited in to that house Eric owns.

• Elisha_Q

April 10, 2012 at 4:23 am

May be that’s why Pam is there as we saw in the other promo. I really like Russel too, I loved it when he ripped the spine of the news anchor. “And now the weather. Tiffany!” ROFL 🙂

• Jovi

April 10, 2012 at 6:51 am

agreed! that’s one of my fave TB scenes to date!

12. Elisha_Q

April 10, 2012 at 4:14 am

Don’t underestimate Sookie, she can not be bossed around by anyone even if it is Lafayete. I hope she is more kick ass no nonsence this season. It is time for her to grow up – and by the scene with her digging a grave I think they did exactly that. It is good that Alcide is telling her that Russel is on loose, it’s nice of him to give her a heads up.

13. Sherrie vansteen

April 10, 2012 at 7:52 am

Maybe as lala is a medium he is channeling Tara… She would be pretty pissed and sound like that if she came back as a ghost… I think Sookie is scared cuz lala/Tara won’t let her to far from him/her… Just a thought…

14. Abel

April 10, 2012 at 9:22 am

I’m guessing that this is the day after they buried Tara and that is why she can’t leave because she has to be there for when Tara rises as a vampire.

15. Bethany

April 10, 2012 at 9:46 am

I know that they can’t have a season of TB without a whole lot of sex. However, this book was the one where Sookie knid of stood on her own. She didn’t exactly need a man (well, there was the whole hot and heavy kiss w/Sam, but…) I hope that they hold close to true with that. I agree with some who have already posted, Sookie needs to remind the audience that she is no wimp. The girl kicks some serious tushy (keeping it clean of course) when needed, and this is the perfect time to remind everyone of that. I just hope they don’t spend 1/2 the season covering the whole “I’m done with the whole Supe thing” angle. To me even when she says that in the books, she knows she doesn’t really mean it. She just needs to take a step back and have a breath from time to time. This season promises to have lots of amazing action. Ooooooh, waiting really does suck, but it is so worth it.

16. Anne

April 11, 2012 at 10:28 pm

She ‘cant’ because she killed Debbie.. There relationship is obviously complicated now.

• esw45

April 12, 2012 at 8:05 am

Yes…..and that’s why having a romantic relationship with him would be stupid on her part because its going to come out about killing Debbie and its will be a disaster.

• Gracie

April 14, 2012 at 7:19 am

True! And plus I don’t trust his good guy routine either! It’s his fault anyone she had to kill debbie! 1. Last season he spied on sookie in the woods, and then tried to copy sex moves with Debbie after she saw his reaction 2). He kept lying to Debbie about his feelings for sookie 3) he broke up with her and I’m pretty sure he was looking for a excuse and didn’t even warn sookie! He set it in motion and now he’s trying to seem like the good guy to get inside sookie’s pants! Bill and Eric will always be better men than him.

17. Donna Lynn

April 22, 2012 at 7:56 pm

Oh yippie, more self-rightgeous Sookie AND Lafayette. I love Lafayette he actually has a realistic but open minded head on his shoulders but Sookie is getting more fake and fake to me. That’s putting it nicely from me too. I have a much more colorful way to describe her. I don’t like how she wants everyone to believe and treat her like she’s this prim and proper southern belle of a lady when she’s not.