SPOILERS: Teasers for the True Blood Season Premiere

TV Guide’s Mega Buzz has some juicy little tidbits about the True Blood season 5 season premiere this week. Think you can guess which character’s this answer is referring to?

True Blood Season 5 - Michael McMillianI can’t wait for True Blood to come back. Is Tara dead? Please say yes. I am so over her. — Denny
NATALIE: We literally can’t answer this question, lest Alan Ball has us all staked. But we can tell you that the title of the season premiere is “Turn! Turn! Turn!” which is a song of Biblical extraction about profound change, like, say, dying, becoming a vampire or declaring your true sexuality. All three of these things will happen during this hour, but the question is: To whom? (Answer: Not all to the same person.)

I believe the second and third are Tara and Steve Newlin, respectively, but who’s the first? Does Tara die in the first few moments of the show, before being turned? Or is that spoiler referring to someone else?

1. Stephanie

May 29, 2012 at 11:03 pm

You know what would be crazy? What if Hoyt was turned…

• Michele

May 30, 2012 at 12:49 pm

I was thinking the same exact thing, cause that scene with him, with the black eyeliner and blood all over him, made me think that for him to either get over Jessica or get her back would be to turn into a vampire

2. Eva

May 29, 2012 at 11:05 pm

i also believe that the Rev will be dealing with his sexuality..the way he looked at Jason at the end of last year’s finale says it all..i honestly dont know what they are going to do with Tara..she could die and just be a ghost for the rest of the season or she could be turned..i also keep going back to when Pam was about to attack Tara and Bill stopped her and Tara said, “why did you do that?? and bill says “you know”…why did he say that??? im also wondering if the one turning vamp is Hoyt..from some of the pics from the trailers are anything he is either going vamp or vamp hunter..i could see him going vamp hunter…come on June 10th!! this is killing me!!! lol

• Jennifer

May 29, 2012 at 11:41 pm

Bill said “you know why” to tara referring to the fact that she is Sookie’s best friend and it would hurt Sookie if she was killed. He was telling her he saved her because he didn’t want to hurt Sookie.

• Art

May 30, 2012 at 4:16 am

I think Bill told Tara “you know why” when he saved her because remember Bill didn’t help Tara when he was with Lorena in Russell’s mansion. Franklin had raped her and his crazy butt had her held against her will and Bill did nothing. So, I think Bill saved her against Pam because he failed to save her previously. I don’t think he was trying to win any brownie points with Sookie. Bill is the good vampire and a gentleman. He should have helped Tara, but he didn’t.
        I also think Tara is turned into a vampire and she is not a ghost. I don’t think Ball will deal with zombies and ghost on this show.

• Sexyred

May 30, 2012 at 7:21 am

but how is it that u think tara would be turned when she got shot in the face basically and not bitten…ummmm recap the finale plz…thank you..(LOVE TARA BY THE WAY) loosing her is like loosing the show because her,lafayette and bobby they make that whole show and with out either of them the show wouldnt be S**t

• esw45

May 30, 2012 at 8:31 am

Pam will turn her by biting her and then sookie and Laffeyette will bury pam and Tara together for the transformation to happen …..I don’t see Tara as a ghost or zombie so a vamp is what’s left ….

May 30, 2012 at 12:32 pm

All she would need is to be infused with vampire blood, if she’s on the brink of death. That would turn her. That has already been made clear throughout the past 4 seasons.

Who is ‘Bobby’? I don’t recall that character in the series.

• venus

May 30, 2012 at 1:18 pm

I always thought that bill was trying to prove to Tara that not all vampires all evil mean like tara thinks they are, and bill was trying to prove her wrong, since she hates vampires so much. So I thought that is what that scene was all about. As for the character of Tara if this is to happen to her, it would be a strange twist of tate for her to become the very thing she has hated.

I myself am getting tired of the character I hope they have a good stroyline for her instead of yelling and screaming and sasying how much she hats just about everybody.

I also think arleen story is done, at this point there is not much to tell with her character.

May 30, 2012 at 12:34 pm

Well there was a ghost in the last season. In fact there were quite a few, including Gran! 😉 You’re right about zombies though. Ball has said repeatedly that he will not bring zombies into True Blood, thankfully.

3. Schirka

May 30, 2012 at 9:51 am

Tara is going to be turned by Pam and then they are going to have a relationship. In tv guide it says that Tara doesn’t RIP, tat she’s not happy with Sockie and that she’s going to experience a growing intimacy with the last person she would ever have expected. And that Pam has a new vampire in her life that will fill te void while Eris is MIA. To me this sounds like Pam turns Tara And she’s mad at Sockie for allowing this. But we’ll see for sure in almost a week!!

• Nibs

June 3, 2012 at 8:57 pm

Lol…”Sockie”

4. ampurp

May 30, 2012 at 11:00 am

Considering they rarely kill main characters, we still got Lala, I think maybe one of the shifters we met last season will be dying. Sam was in the process of fighting a were at the end of last season. I think Steve was always gay and I have maintained the notion that since he has been missing for six months and already a vampire; that he dug out Russell(it would have proved his opinion that vampires are evil) and is the one declaring his true sexuality. Tara seemed to be Amelia and Jake together, so she will hate turning but probably will end up with men.

5. El@1

May 30, 2012 at 12:55 pm

So I was thinking…what’s the point of bringing Steve back…unless he was turned by Nan (remember their tension on tv) but now he’s mad at Bill and Eric for killing Nan due to his loyalty to his maker so he’s gonna try to force Jason to kill bromance duo since he knows Jason can take on a vamp…

6. aqh45

May 30, 2012 at 4:00 pm

dying…becoming a vampire…declaring your true sexuality

this could ALL refer to Pam, as far as that goes-especially considering we are getting the back-story to how she met Eric and when she was turned.

dying…i don’t really expect Luna to be around for the long-haul. it won’t surprise me if she dies: some sort of self-sacrfice, like skin-walking as Sam to make the pack think they’ve avenged Marcus. after all, Sam would’ve never been in this mess if not for her…also Arlene. i think that if this happens, it’ll be blamed on Terry and his PTSD-which i think his so-called ‘buddy’ Patrick is going to deliberately trigger. there’s some serious ‘manchurian-candidate’ shit going on right there…i wouldn’t mind if Crystal bit the big one, for all the hell she put Jason through.

turning…probably Tara, although i still wonder if Sookie-all by herself, has the power to heal Tara. Russell wasn’t carrying around his jar-o-Talbot for nothin’ folks…he’s a LOT of things-but lacking in knowledge is NOT one of them.

declaring your true sexuality…i’m going with the obvious here – Steve Newlin.

May 30, 2012 at 6:04 pm

Those 3 things happen in the season premiere, and Janina Gavankar was still working on new episodes as of yesterday (per her Twitter), so Luna isn’t the one who dies. I highly doubt that it’s Arlene, but Crystal…maybe. I haven’t heard a peep about her being around this season.

• aqh45

May 31, 2012 at 3:35 am

“Those 3 things happen in the season premiere”…ah! i see. oh well, 2 outta 3’s not bad. lol

7. Angk

May 30, 2012 at 4:24 pm

I agree with Venus, Arlene’s story is done and I really hope Holly’s is done as well. Although Sherriff Andy B does need alot of hugs. I lost interest in Tara by season 2, just to much whining and over acting.
    Hoyt….well umm, either turn vamp or please go away. I am so thankful for the new characters coming. Anyone else?

8. Katie

May 30, 2012 at 4:54 pm

Could it be Hadley that’s turned? Or have they given up on that route since they’ve killed off Sophie-Anne already?

• nikki

May 30, 2012 at 6:37 pm

I think that Tara will be a ghost for half the season and then Lafayette will bring her back ( ala Willow brought back Buffy). She wouldn’t be a zombie so it wouldn’t conflict with what the producers has said in the past. Something about the way La la was telling off Sookie seemed Tara like.

9. Emily

May 30, 2012 at 8:08 pm

Done with Tara. Period.

May 30, 2012 at 9:36 pm

So you’ve said. Many times. Repeatedly. So really, are you done with Tara? 😀

• Art

May 31, 2012 at 6:52 am

LOL! She got it bad for Tara doesn’t she. If you are done, why keep posting about her. For the record, I don’t think Tara is going anywhere.

10. Lanie

May 31, 2012 at 1:14 am

I have a crazy theory that maybe it’s Terry who will reveal his true sexuality. Did anyone else notice his really uncomfortable face when his platoon buddy came to Merlotte’s? Not to mention the fact that he had never even mentioned him to Arlene even though by the looks of it they were close friends way back when? Plus, that would be a very current hot topic with the whole “don’t ask don’t tell” over turning thing. I know that’s probably not who it is but it would certainly be wild.
    My second guess is Rev. Newlin.

11. Art

May 31, 2012 at 6:51 am

I wouldn’t be surprised at all the Pam turns Tara and they start having sex. Pam is a lesbo and Tara is Bi. LOL! I wonder if Pam and Eric have ever had sex.

• Lynn

May 31, 2012 at 6:45 pm

Pam is bisexual, in the books, and in the show. Her and Eric were also lovers after she was turned. I think it’s clear that Tara will be turned, but now I’m wondering if it’s a little too obvious, and that the writers are trying to trick us.