SPOILERS: More True Blood Season 5 Scoop from Denis O’Hare & Rutina Wesley

E! Online finally delivers with at least a little bit of True Blood scoop from the season 5 red carpet premiere.

Kate A.: True Blood scoop! Who brought Russell back?
Excellent question! Let’s ask him, shall we? “It’s somebody who nobody knows yet,” Denis O’Hare tells us. “It’s a surprising character. And I think you get a hint in episode two, and then a big hint in episode five.” One thing we do know for sure: Russell did not grow softer while buried in the cement…except for one thing. “He’s still vicious, he’s still dangerous, he’s still highly charming, but they added all this stuff to him. We get to see him fall in love!” Awww! Ain’t nothing sweeter than a former vampire king falling in love, right?

Jeanette in Lansing, Mich.: So is Tara dead or what? #TrueBlood
“[I’m] definitely coming back, just can’t tell you quite how,” Rutina Wesley reveals to us. “The interesting thing, for me, is the fans watching Tara recover. She kind of becomes a new woman. The journey she’s about to embark on is out of control.” Out of control in a sense that she’s now a ghost yelling at Sookie from beyond the grave? June 10…get here already!

1. Nancy

June 1, 2012 at 1:21 pm

What happens to Tara seems to be the worst kept secret of 2012.

• GeeGee

June 1, 2012 at 1:57 pm

I agree, the suspense is getting on my last nerve! June 10 is sure taking its time.

2. esw45

June 1, 2012 at 2:13 pm

I am curious as to who let Russell Out……I don’t think its Steve Newlin…even though that’s who Russell falls in love with….I think its a were and obviously someone we wouldn’t think would do it….Tara I definitely believe is going to be a vamp.

• Angk

June 2, 2012 at 8:06 pm

I believe it was Debbie pelt..In her last scene when you came in Sookie’s house she had all that dust stuff on her pants.

• sukee cookie

June 3, 2012 at 11:53 am

but also dont forget,when alcide went to the site where he was burried,he realizes that the caretaker,or whatever the guy who called him was,had been glamored,i bet its a vampire!

3. Ashley

June 1, 2012 at 2:19 pm

I can’t wait for season 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope Claude will be in this season.

• Rina

June 1, 2012 at 7:29 pm

He will be. They cast a cute English kid, Giles Matthey. It’ll be a different Claude than in the books.

4. Anja

June 2, 2012 at 11:00 am

Tara is gonna be a vamp, Bubba style (messed up cause half of her head was blown off when she got turned) That’s what I think at least 😛

5. Ampurp

June 3, 2012 at 12:56 pm

@esw45
    I think it was someone within the Authority and Steve Newlin. Nan was always complain about faction within the Authority and the AVL that were giving her problems. Weres cannot glamour people, so you wanting it to be Alcide, because you do not like him, does not mesh with what happened.

Steve Newlin has been missing for six months and could have been a vampire for that whole time. I think Nan had been having Bill and Eric followed and knew Russell was not dead. She then let him out as her first/last act of defiance when the AVL/Authority fired her. The Authority and AVL know about new vamps, so Steve was probably being groomed.

I doubt Tara will be anything other than a vamp because her new life as a ghost would not get her stuck with someone or something she hates. Being stuck with Ginger and Pam, would make her a new woman, lol.

June 3, 2012 at 7:55 pm

Denis O’Hare said in a recent interview (which we posted here!) that the person who let him out is not someone that we know. So it’s not Nan either.

• Ampurp

June 4, 2012 at 10:25 am

I remember the interview and I was not implying that Nan did it herself; she rarely did things herself, but she could have had a part in it. I was just saying people other than Alcide could have had a part in getting him free, vampires are always pulling strings. There will be so many new vampires this season and I think while they may be new to us, they are not new to Nan, Bill, Eric etc.

June 4, 2012 at 10:39 am

Your words were: “She then let him out as her first/last act of defiance when the AVL/Authority fired her.” How could anyone not think that that’s what you were implying?

Regardless, there’s also the possibility that Nora let Russell out. Mel and I talk about this in this week’s podcast which should be posted here in a couple of days. You should give it a listen and see what you think!

• Ampurp

June 5, 2012 at 12:40 pm

Well I should not have assumed that everyone saw Nan like I did. I have yet to see her do anything herself, just give orders but since she is behind them I said her.

On another note…just read an interview with Denis and Michael and either Michael is trying to throw us or it is true that Newlin will NOT be Russell’s love interest. Which leads me to believe that it might be Hoyt, or maybe it will be a totally new character. We all assumed Newlin because he oozed sex the way he was looking at Jason but he could not have anything to do with Russell, maybe he is with Roman and the Authority.

6. Gracie

June 4, 2012 at 9:46 am

The only thong I’m worried about this season is that Sookie is gonna hook up with Alcide!

7. Lisa Foster

June 4, 2012 at 11:40 am

I do believe Tara is turned as well. The question is…by who? And why does she say in an interview on this very site that “Tara screams at Sookie from the grave”? Man…you just never know! I love True Blood and have from the very beginning!!

8. Treena

June 5, 2012 at 3:13 am

In an interview that Kristen Bauer did she was complaining about all the dirt she had to get out of her hair and from her teeth from one scene she was filming. I think that Pam is going to be Tara’s maker and that is who Sookie is burying in the front yard with Lafayette. What I am confused about is why on earth Pam would help Sookie? Or Tara for that matter?

June 5, 2012 at 8:28 am

The only reasonable explanation we’ve come up with is that Eric ordered Pam to turn Tara out of feelings for Sookie.

9. B. Williams

June 6, 2012 at 9:16 am

I was rewatching the season 3 finale and it got me thinking…stay with me here…that maybe somehow godric played a part in russell getting pulled from the cement. nora(or whatever the vamp godric made esides eric) is coming on the show this year. we saw eric yelling at godric and if it wasn’t just crazy eric but instead an actual vision then that same vision/ghost could have informed nora of where russell was and told her to free him so eric can find redemption for his anger/hatred towards his family’s killer. proly way off base but it would put that whole bit from S3 finale in perspective a bit. Also I think that steve was either turned by russell or is going to be his boyfriend. not both but one or the other. waiting sucks….especially when “Everythings at stake!”