SPOILERS: Official Descriptions for July True Blood Episodes

We posted short synopses of the True Blood episodes airing in July a while back, but now HBO has released the full, official descriptions for the first three episodes. Take a look.

SUNDAY, JULY 1 “We’ll Meet Again”
Eric (Alexander Skarsgård) and Bill (Stephen Moyer) have doubts they will survive the search for Russell (Denis O’Hare). Sookie (Anna Paquin) opens up to Alcide (Joe Manganiello). An irate Lafayette (Nelsan Ellis) unwittingly puts Sookie’s life in danger. At Authority headquarters, Roman (Christopher Meloni) and Salome (Valentina Cervi) continue interrogating Nora (Lucy Griffiths) about the Sanguinistas – and a possible traitor within the Council. Pam (Kristin Bauer van Straten) forces Tara (Rutina Wesley) to toe the line; Andy (Chris Bauer) and Jason (Ryan Kwanten) go to a burlesque party; Sam’s (Sam Trammell) shifter friends invite him for a run; Terry (Todd Lowe) flashes back to a deadly night in Iraq; Hoyt (Jim Parrack) tests the fangbanger waters; Sookie drowns her sorrows.

SUNDAY, JULY 8 “Let’s Boot and Rally”
With time running short, Bill and Eric enlist Sookie to probe for clues on Russell’s hiding place. Unable to deal with the demon magic inside him, Lafayette calls out to Jesus’ spirit for help. Patrick Devins (Scott Foley) and Terry are held hostage in a bunker belonging to their Iraq War buddy Brian Eller (Brian Geraghty). Jason wakes to a disturbing dream; Jessica (Deborah Ann Woll) gives Tara advice on adjusting to vampire life; Sam visits Luna (Janina Gavankar) with bad news.

SUNDAY, JULY 15 “Hopeless”
The aftermath at the asylum leaves Sookie with an eerie sense of foreboding. At Fangtasia, Pam breaks up a vamp-girl fight, praising Tara for her tenacity. Lafayette visits Ruby Jean (Alfre Woodard), who also received a disturbing message from Jesus. Fearing for his family’s safety, Terry blames his curse for his troubles with Arlene (Carrie Preston). Alcide challenges J.D. (Louis Herthum); Sam offers to help Andy investigate the recent shootings; Roman lays out his plans to take out Russell.

1. Jay

June 21, 2012 at 5:29 pm

These are great descriptions. I’m looking forward to the season.

2. Mexton

June 22, 2012 at 1:29 pm

Any episode getting back to the heart of the show I can get excited about. I’m reading a lot of Eric and Sookie fanfiction and I hope next season they pair them up to fight against Victor Madden. The series straying so far from the books is throwing me for a loop. I’m trying to get excited about what is going on, I guess I was spoiled by Eric, Bill, Sookie, and Pam fighting for one another it’s hard seeing them so divided. I’m so use to Sookie being a heroine at heart I hope she finally gives Eric a chance in the show. In the books they are portrayed as this power couple it would be nice if they can team up again, isn’t this what the show is truly about her finding herself and finally feeling like she fits in someplace and someone truly loving her for her?

June 22, 2012 at 3:28 pm

You have to give the show a chance to let Sookie actually get there. It’s only 2 episodes into the season and she has only just let Bill and Eric go. And Sookie and Eric weren’t even a couple until later on in the book series, if you want to go by the books.

• Madeleine

June 23, 2012 at 6:51 am

I don’t know, the characters in the series have been different from those in the books from the beginning, it’s only natural they develop on their own. The way the characters grow in the series seems quite natural and organic (for the most part), it would be awkward to make a turn at this point just to get Sookie and Eric back together.
        And even in the books Sookie often voices her disappoinment about Eric keeping so much to himself, so to me that’s not exactly a power couple. Towards the end of Dead Reckoning I got the impression a permanent break-up is imminent.
        But maybe I just watched too much SciFi and am too comfortable with the concept of alternative timelines or parallel universes. 😉

• esw45

June 23, 2012 at 1:07 pm

I think it would be interesting to see what would the relationship between real Eric and Sookie be like……amnesia Eric was perfect for her …..real Eric there would be issues at times but its true blood so couples always have issues on here. The differences between her relationship with bill compared to having one with Eric would be interesting and not boring ….i believe it needs to happen by season 6, because I don’t see true blood lasting 13 seasons on hbo like the books and it doesn’t even resembles the books at this time any way.

• Madeleine

June 23, 2012 at 1:27 pm

I didn’t mean to imply it would be boring, I just think at this point, with all that’s happened to Sookie, her rejecting Eric and his far greater problems, it seems unfitting. And quite frankly I think Eric’s better off without her, I was quite content with him not storming out to save her.
            To me it feels like Sookie made her pick without even realizing it, when Eric was about to kill Bill at the Dorchester she hit him with all she got, without knowing what that might cause. So Bill’s life appeares to be more valuable to her, she clearly has residual feelings for him, not the best requirements to start a second attempt.

• esw45

June 23, 2012 at 4:28 pm

You might be right in every point you are making…..but to me Sookie doesn’t know what she wants ……going back to bill would be counter productive …..starting something with Alcide is problematic as well because she killed his mate and he will have problems with that. I wanna see her grow and I don’t see bill and alcide as paths to her growing….as for Eric he will not be begging her to be with him….he did it before so if anything ever will happen again she will have to come to him…he loves her even though he said what he said but Eric doesn’t believe they will get back together again

• Mexton

June 24, 2012 at 1:35 pm

I don’t think their relationship is over Truly believe the saying: If you love something you let it go if it comes back to you then it was yours and if it doesn’t ……..I think Eric has a lot to deal with too and some way they will be together again.

3. Mexton

June 24, 2012 at 1:15 pm

I think Eric and Sookie ground one another, life with Bill was boring. I think the fact that she didn’t seem to hesitate or rethink her decision to kill Debbie was a turning point for Sookie. I believe during this separation she will come to realize who she truly cares for. The problems didn’t start until she had some of Bill’s blood during the witch war.

4. Mitsu

June 25, 2012 at 8:52 am

I am loving this season so far, such much storylines that none of the episodes bore you. Normally, Pam, Sookie and Jessica are my favorite characters but so far this season Tara is really starting to warm up to me, I actually love her a lot more as a vampire! 🙂

5. chica

June 25, 2012 at 2:34 pm

It is getting better as the series moves along I use to read the books but since the writers strayed so far from them I just gave up and starting watching the show.

Eric and Sookie are supposed to be together and I cant wait for that to happen maybe next season.

One question Why can’t Pam and jessica smell Eric and Bill in trouble ??? Doesn’t Pam feel that Master and maker connection ???

Tara also suxed at being a human now even suxs even more as a vampire no pun intended…

And when is Quinn coming isnt that supposed to be Snookie’s next love interest someone fill me in

And is jason going to turn into a werepanter , they should of went with the books on that one because he stays with the girl that is a werepanther through out the books

June 25, 2012 at 4:10 pm

Quinn may not turn up at all this season. He has not been cast.

Snookie is in an altogether different show than this one.

If Jason were going to turn into a werepanther, he would have done so already. It doesn’t appear we will get more of the Hotshot story, at least for now.

• Kurenai

June 28, 2012 at 2:45 am

The word is ‘sucks’ …if you’re gonna use the same (or close) amount of letters to abbreviate a word you might as well not abbreviate.

Second how can someone suck at being the thing they were born into (i.e a human), that doesn’t make any sense. …Oh yeah I forgot Tara is the kind of human who’s storylines paint a clear picture of what vampires are really like instead of sticking to human things, like those other human storylines other people don’t care enough about.

Lastly, we’ve only seen 2 nights of her being a vampire. She’s adjusting, it’s natural for anybody …and once again it doesn’t make sense to say she sucks at being a vampire when all vampires are different and see things differently.

It would have been better if you would have just stated you didn’t like the storyline.

6. laney

June 26, 2012 at 11:45 am

Ahem people… WHAT HAPPENED TO JESUS’s BODY? Are they going to let THAT ONE go by like they did last season with the fairies?

June 26, 2012 at 12:03 pm

They are not letting the Fairie storyline go. In fact they have already brought them into this season, not sure if you were able to watch this week’s episode yet. We will find out what happened to Jesus, the season’s not over yet.

• laney

June 29, 2012 at 2:43 pm

Yes Liz I saw the episode.
        My friends and I send the hubbies out for guys night so the girls can watch Trueblood and drool over Eric and Alcide without any distractions.
        What happened to Jesus could be so very interesting. A girls gotta know. Isn’t it bad enough that Lafayette killed the love of his life while under a witch’s spell, now he has to deal with a missing body? I am keeping an open mind but if the body of one of my loved ones went missing I’d be out of my mind with worry. Not a peep out of Lafayette about it in two episodes. I’m not trying to be overly critical but that doesn’t make sense to me. Maybe I’m missing the bigger picutre here….

June 29, 2012 at 4:00 pm

It’s hard to remember that two episodes only translates to a couple of hours on the show, or even minutes in some cases. Lafayette has been pretty busy. He’s not just dealing with the missing body of a loved one. He’s dealing with the transition of his cousin and the guilt and uncertainty that comes with the fact that he made the decision to turn her vampire. Then she takes off to who knows where and he’s got to try finding her before she kills someone which would only serve to deepen his guilt. On top of all that, the demon that Marnie called forth out of Jesus chooses now to show itself in Lafayette. It’s not like he’s had a minute to dwell on a missing dead body.

7. Bryan

June 26, 2012 at 11:56 am

I’m curious to know why Jessica thought Claude smelt so amazing? I know he is a fairy but so is Sookie, so wouldn’t she have already experienced that smell many times?

June 26, 2012 at 12:04 pm

Claude is full fairie, Sookie is not. Also, I suspect that Jessica discovered the porthole between worlds and that’s why she was able to smell the fairies so strongly.

• Bryan

June 27, 2012 at 2:33 pm

Thanks for the clearification. I really hope Jessica doesn’t become obssessed with Claude and leaves Jason in the dust. I really don’t want to see Jason all bummed out and love sick all season….The story line of Roman thinking Bill and Eric are part of the Sangunista movement when Bill has always been a clear supporter of co-exsting with humans and Eric just hasn’t cared either way really confuses me. I don’t know what I missed that made Roman so sure they were against him, other than killing Nan which they only did to save their own butts. I’m glad we found out that Salome is 2,000 years old. I think it goes Russell, Salome then Eric as the oldest vampires around. This also makes me wonder why they would want to kill Eric without solid evidence that he is agianst them being that he is such an old Vampire…I’m getting this feeling that Bill is going to be special in some way. I was shocked to learn Eric had met bill when he was a baby vampire, and even then Eric was a little intrigued by him. Salome even made a hint that Bill was extremely strong for such a young Vampire…Liz, I would love to hear what you have to say about my Bill theory.

• SgtSnell

June 27, 2012 at 9:04 pm

Bryan have you read the 12 novels? I have, they are fairly interesting. If you like I can email you the pdfs.