SPOILERS: Sookie and Alcide, Sittin’ in a Tree…

With Magic Mike opening in theaters Friday, Joe Manganiello is making the publicity rounds and dropping a little True Blood scoop along the way. Here are a couple of interesting pieces of information for Alcide fans.

From TV Guide:

Also exploring his origins is Joe Manganiello, True Blood‘s resident werewolf. “I just worked with my ‘daddy’ till six am on Saturday morning and we’re having a blast,” Manganiello says about Robert Patrick, who plays Alcide’s father. “It’s creepy, it’s dark and it gives so much back story into why Alcide hates being a werewolf. It is so great!”

From E!Online:

lorrainecollins: So not feeling this out-of-nowhere Eric-Bill bromance, any Eric-Sookie action coming up on True Blood?
OK, how do we put this nicely? Ummm…No. There’s not going to be any Eric and Sookie lovin’ in this week’s episode, because little miss mind-reader is getting hot and heavy with someone else! Yup, you read that right, but this hookup may or may not be alcohol induced. Of course, we can’t tell you who it is, so please stop sending chocolates to the E! Online offices, we’re on a sugar overload right now. And speaking of sweet things, get ready for the most adorable scene between Bill and his teen vamp, Jessica. In fact all of the makers have some truly touching scenes with their protégés this week. Awww.

Based on that first quote, it sounds later in the season we’ll find out more of Alcide’s backstory and why he walked away from the Pack. And since we’ve been paying attention, deducing the smooching couple in E! Online’s spoiler isn’t a challenge. Does the possibility of an alcohol-induced hook up make you more or less interested in Sookie/Alcide?

1. esw45

June 28, 2012 at 10:27 am

I am not interested in sookie/alcide hookup alcohol induced or not….but I know its going to happen….I am interested in Eric and Pam making up so I am glad that is occuring.

June 28, 2012 at 10:44 am

Yes Eric, we know.

2. VicSin

June 28, 2012 at 10:35 am

Sookie should try to just keep it in her pants for once! LOL I am sick of her “homie hopping” She doesn’t have to hook up with EVERY male member of the cast!

June 28, 2012 at 10:43 am

I know, right? She’s slept with two guys in her entire life and here she might be kissing a third! The nerve! Keep it in your pants, Sookie!

June 28, 2012 at 10:51 am

Actually, if they stay true to the spirit of the books like they try to, yes she does.

• esw45

June 28, 2012 at 10:56 am

I hope so Liz, spirit of the books and True Blood doesn’t seem to fit a lot at times.

• ericlovr69

June 28, 2012 at 12:33 pm

It doesn’t seem like they are following the book at all this season other than the Debbie Pelt storyline. My guess is that they have done away with using the books as a basis for the TV show. I do like that they added “Curl Up and Fry” and “Tracy’s Togs” (that would have been Tara’s Togs to those who follow the books.) Something tells me that the Alcide/Sookie alcohol induced hook-up will only be a dream sequence (on a drunken Alcide’s part of course.)

June 28, 2012 at 2:21 pm

I think they’ve kept to the ideas from the books very much this season. In the books, Jason did change his life and Bill and Eric did have to deal with a higher authority quite a few times. Arlene’s character doesn’t differ too much from the book created one. While Sookie and Alcide did not physically get together in the books, she sure did think about it and was tempted at one time by him.

• Me

June 28, 2012 at 5:24 pm

@Liz- whaaaaaaaat?

Jason changed his life only in that he embraced the pack mentality needed to be a part of the Werepanther clan in Hotshot. He’s not a Werepanther in the show. Bill and Eric deal with a completely different kind of authority, and that’s not even in book 5. Arleme’s character is EXTREMELY different than it is in the books. And Sookie has only slept with 3 characters in th book series, 4 if you count that short story, and she kisses 2 other guys with interest… So that in no way makes her this Trollop-y little sleaze that dreams of 3-ways and gets in the middle of love triangles like the Sookie from the show.

June 28, 2012 at 5:36 pm

You might want to re-read my comment. I was talking about keeping the spirit of the books in the show, not taking the books and putting them on TV each week. And by the way, Sookie most certainly did fantasize about the guys in her world. I stand by what I said.

June 28, 2012 at 2:15 pm

Depends on your interpretation of spirit of the books.

• TeaAna

June 28, 2012 at 7:31 pm

I’m with you on everything here Liz. Besides first season and book 1 the “spirit” of the books is what we get. Maybe we love them and maybe we don’t- but the changes are great to keep with the mystery, suspense, and excitement.

I was talking with my mama and mentioned that this season (though awesome) has shifted so much from the books that nothing is recognizable. Then, afterward, I thought about it and realised there is much in common even still being early in the season. Debbie Pelt investigation drama, new pack leader drama, and with this mysterious pyro roaming around… will Sookie’s house make it out alive?

Some things have been visited or made invalid in previous seasons: the Charles Twining, Mickey, and Jason (beastly) drama.

I don’t know what’s going on with the shootings from the book being (loosely) connected with the fires in the show… maybe, maybe not. It’s still early… can’t wait to find out. 🙂

AND COME ON TRUEBIES! Do not discourage a lil lovin’ between Alcide and Sookie. Alcide should have always been the one Sookie “plays” with and not that fool Quinn. (Can’t wait- HOT HOT HOT) 😉

Okay, long post- I was going to break it up but shoved it all into one…

Eric and Sookie. The readers should know that books 5, 6, and 7 – there is this horrible waiting process where we suffer thru both Sookie and Eric being incredible stubborn and not really “opening up” to one another, properly. So this actually makes since and does follow with the overall spirit of the books. I think so, anyway.

Laterz truebies- sorry for the long entry and grammer/spelling mistakes. *smooches*

• Jay

June 28, 2012 at 12:07 pm

She doesn’t have to but she is entitled to if she wants to do so. I say let Sookie hook up with whoever she wants, whenever she wants. She is a grown woman. While there are some who want Sookie with a certain someone the ultimate choice is with Sookie herself and who will make her the happiest. Not what fandom thinks who she should be with.

• auraeulogia

July 2, 2012 at 9:55 pm

I agree with you.It ‘s a tv show and Sookie a fictional character .I think some people identify with her and proyect their morals instead of just enjoying the show. the character has act as the writer imaging it would act; if it isn’t coherent with the story blame the poor writing.
        On subject , alcide + sookie ,hell yes. I will enjoy the ride.

• sgtsnell

July 2, 2012 at 11:09 pm

If you read the books then you would know that Sookie DOES hook up with a few guys. She gets around. lol

July 3, 2012 at 10:20 am

Um, Sookie only slept with 3 guys in the books – Eric Bill and Quinn. That doesn’t qualify as her “getting around”.

3. Natalie

June 28, 2012 at 10:55 am

I really wish the writers would let Sookie have some fun with The Viking this season. I know they’re not making up soon, but at least one sexy scene each season like how it is in the books.

• esw45

June 28, 2012 at 11:02 am

On true blood Natalie, If they did have her with Eric in a sexy scene …….Bill would be involved too cuz it seems they want both vamps involved with everything together and I do mean everything.

• Natalie

June 28, 2012 at 5:42 pm

What a shame.., we’ll never get a proper Eric and Sookie scene then. :s

• Donna

June 29, 2012 at 2:09 am

Natalie,

It would be nice to see the start of the relationship between Sookie and Eric develop, and Sookies relationship with Pam. Which was always so much fun in the books. I don’ think we are going to see Eric and Sookie together this season, but Alcede is not a bad second runner up! It will be interesting to see what they do with this relationship. Everything is so far off rom the books who knows where they are going. I am happy to see that Pam will start taking on her “maker” resposibilities I never figured out why Sookie could not just tell the police it was self defense – when she turns herself into Jason I hope she uses her brain and not her guilt.

4. Kim O

June 28, 2012 at 1:48 pm

I wouldn’mind seeing some Alcide/Sookie action. It’s not like she’d “fall in love” with him or anything. It would be fun.

June 28, 2012 at 2:12 pm

I agree Kim!

5. Angk

June 28, 2012 at 4:02 pm

Honestly It feels so different this season with the coldness of Eric towards Sookie and Even Bill.I mean what the heck they spent 4 seasons loving Sookie and visa versa that it feels very disconnected and actually makes the show this season rather fraudulent. Anyone esle ave thoughts on the feel of the season so far?

June 28, 2012 at 4:20 pm

While we don’t all like absolutely everything that happens in each episode, here at True-Blood.net we try to support this show. That’s why it’s called a fansite. It’s why we are here and why so many like to visit with us. If there’s anything that you do like about this season, perhaps you could share that with us as well instead of trying to start up negative conversation.

June 28, 2012 at 4:28 pm

They haven’t exactly had time to be ANYTHING toward Sookie yet this season. Within an hour or two of her breaking up with both of them, they were captured by the Authority and have been focused on not meeting the True Death for the 3 days/episodes we’ve seen so far. It’s easy to forget how little time has passed in the characters’ world because of the gaps between when episodes air, but it has only been about 3 days since that scene at the end of season 4.

• sgtsnell

July 2, 2012 at 11:29 pm

Bill & Eric are trying to save their rear ends. They don’t have time for Sookie. Besides she dumped them both.

6. NG

June 28, 2012 at 5:31 pm

I’m looking forward to the Pam/Eric reunion, although it’s going to be bumpy. Hope to see a little more flashback too.

• Elisha_Q

June 29, 2012 at 5:35 am

I love the flashbacks, I’ve been waiting for those.

7. Rina

June 28, 2012 at 8:00 pm

Not loving the idea of Alcide/Sookie hook-up, but I guess Sookie needs to explore if she can have a relationship with a live, warm, supernatural man and doesn’t have to be about vampires. I always thought that was the purpose of Quinn in the books. Otherwise, I’m loving Season 5. Loving the political intrigue and the flashbacks, and even the side stories are making me curious.

8. Art

June 28, 2012 at 10:31 pm

I have no problem with Sookie and Alcide releasing some stress with a kiss or sex. Both have had some bad times lately.

The best part for me is the Vamps will have special moments with their “children”…jessica/bill, Tara/pam, and hopefully Eric/pam. These are the scenes I’m looking forward to the most.

9. Amin

June 29, 2012 at 12:25 am

I’m looking forward to the Bill/Jessica moment! Their maker/protoge relationship has always been great. That is also largely due to the wonderful acting from Deborah Ann Whole and the show’s male lead: Stephen Moyer. I’m honestly suprised Mr. Moyer hasn’t been nominated for Best Actor by the Emmys and/or Golden Globes!

Also, I’m enjoying the Bill and Eric alliance, so far. I think it’s a welcome change. The thought of the show’s male lead and the tall viking teaming up against a higher adversary is badass, IMO.

10. Jay

June 29, 2012 at 4:55 pm

Im really looking forwards to pretty much everything with the pam / tara storyline! i am loving tara as a vampire 😀 She is totally badass! And pam wrote the book on badass! Should be so much fun! 😀

And i dont think anyone who watches the show can say they dont enjoy bill/jessica = daddy/daughter scenes! 😀 SO SWEET!

11. Elizabeth

June 29, 2012 at 5:28 pm

I’m all for my favorite couple (eric and sookie) to be tortured. there will be tears and jealously and all that drama but oh, it will it be sweet when its all over. Pretty sure Alan mind works that way too!

12. Gracie

June 29, 2012 at 6:14 pm

i don’t want Alcide or Sookie to hook up! Alcide is as dull as a doornail, and lest anyone forgets Alcide, without unprotected sex could knock Sookie up and she’ll be stuck with him forever! 🙁

13. tina

June 30, 2012 at 12:59 am

Some of the fans are so quick to get on Sookie’s bed mates but what about Bill ”I missed u so much, so to relieve my pain I screwed by 4x granddaughter and my now dead guard” or Eric who will stick himself into anything that passes his way and don’t get mr started on Jason. Anyway I hope Sookie gets to mess around with Alcide. As they say ” Alcohol just is your excuse to do things you want to do but are to scare or to shame”. Get in Sookie.

June 30, 2012 at 11:33 pm

Sheesh, there has got to be a more mature way for you to express yourself.

14. kes

June 30, 2012 at 1:02 am

i don’t give a f**k what people say the werewolf is hott im sorry he got the body and look i like a man that can have the salt and pepper hair and look good with it

June 30, 2012 at 11:26 pm

Watch your mouth please.

15. Helen

June 30, 2012 at 2:39 am

I’ve always liked Alcide, both on the show and in the books so I’m looking forward to seeing them get closer. I always hoped that they’d eventually end up together, even though I’m a huge Eric fan!

16. Ellyssa

July 2, 2012 at 6:53 am

Oh, come on! Sookie an Alcide would be cute! And i mean she’s pushing 30 and has only been with 2 guys and is going on here 3rd! Not that big of a deal! Alcide is already in love with her, so what does it matter? She could fall in love with him. I’ve wanted them to get together since season 2. BUT, of course because of all the Eric an Sookie fans that will never happen:( I mean!, Alcide is awesome.. Sookie is awesome.. Why can’t the damn producers let them be awesome together?!?

17. Vicky

July 2, 2012 at 12:49 pm

If Sookie doesn’t get it on with him.. i sure as hell don’t mind.
    Joe is one fine man!

18. sgtsnell

July 2, 2012 at 11:23 pm

Sookie does hook up with a wolf in the book, why not Alcide? The tv series has the flexibility to change it up from the books. I’m biased because I love Alcide. Don’t worry fans, Alcide will grow a pair when he accepts his role as packmaster. I’ve read all the books & looking forward to next’s weeks episode.

19. monangeline

July 3, 2012 at 12:00 pm

To be truly honest, the “book” Alcide didn’t do it for me, but Joe takes him to another level… well, Joe and Alan lol

I’ve stopped trying to find the “book” in the “series”; to me, its more like fanfic on tv.

The idea of Sookie and Alcide makes sense in my mind, even if I’m an Eric/Sookie fan. He could give her a real life, or at least closer to real than with Eric or god forbids Bill! lol

Anyway, I’m enjoying this new season!

20. Carina T

July 5, 2012 at 2:54 am

I dont mind Sookie hooking up with Alcide for a little while. Whats the big deal?
    She is drunk and needy, so let her have some fun. Its been rough for her lately like Jessica said to Bill.

Im glad the show is diverting farther and farther from the books. True blood is much better.

21. monay35

July 10, 2012 at 9:22 pm

Are all you guys crazy in the end it should be bill and sookie for get the books
    i am bill all the way