Inside the True Blood Episode: “We’ll Meet Again”

So…that just happened. Get some insight into all of tonight’s developments with HBO’s Inside the Episode featurette for True Blood episode 5.04, “We’ll Meet Again”.

1. esw45

July 1, 2012 at 10:00 pm

I did like this episode more than the first 3 ….Eric letting Pam go was tender and loving ….Pam teaching Tara how to feel was funny and insightful. Bill was the one behind trying to force Sookie into helping them as i had thought he would be the one because he will always look out for himself this is who has has always been in this show. Doesn’t mean Bill is all bad just selfish as Eric is at times but Eric is called upon his faults Bill most of the time is not. Jason finding out about his parents being killed by a vampire is interesting because is the vampire someone we have met or even Eric or Bill? Sookie being drunk getting with Alcide is not interesting to me but she does need to grow and see what is out there besides vampires…I just don’t believe that she will ever be in love with anyone but the vampires. The authority little guy Jacob being a traitor was not a surprise and I think there is another one on the authority that is a traitor.

July 2, 2012 at 11:02 am

While you can go ahead and pat yourself on the back about Bill being the one to make Sookie help them, I completely disagree with your assessment of his reasons. I do not think that Bill is selfish at all, in fact his scene with Jessica and then with Tara once again proves that he is not a selfish person.

• esw45

July 2, 2012 at 12:15 pm

Hello Liz, Bill is selfish because he does look out for himself ….he is a politician and a vampire to boot, I am a great Eric fan but he is selfish as well and looks out for Eric too but just like he loves Pam and he is protecting her by letting her go …..he and Bill has both put their lives on the line for Sookie …..he is becoming a better maker for Jessica today than he was before….he was selfish when he gave her to Eric and Pam. Eric gets talked about with his faults and Bill doesn’t get nearly the flak for his that he should unless its Eric fans …..that is what I am eluding too.

July 2, 2012 at 1:09 pm

It’s clear we are going to disagree on this subject. Moving on.

• esw45

July 2, 2012 at 1:37 pm

I agree with your assessment.

• Mexton

July 2, 2012 at 2:02 pm

I think Bill has a darker side than we know and if he had to gain her confidence what better way to do it than get rid of her parents. My question is did Niall send Eric to ensure her safety? I’m trying not to give up on True Blood hoping that the Authority stuff don’t drag on too long Bill looked angry when he saw her with Alcide and Eric appeared hurt. I agree that this is the thing that is going to have her accept who truly has her back (Eric) I know he didn’t allow her to disrespect her and compromise his position as Sherrif of area five for no other reason than fulfilling a promise to her great grandfather.
      I also believe that her and Pam will eventually become friends once they realize they have a common goal (Eric) some way some how they are going to have to join forces to save Eric and maybe Tara is fulfilling the Thalia role in the book we’ll see

2. Gracie

July 2, 2012 at 12:10 am

i am slowly losing respect for Sookie! 🙁 She keeps jumping into bed with different men. 🙁

• Mexton

July 2, 2012 at 1:46 pm

I agree Gracie she is bed hopping but you have to attempt to move on to realize what you have 🙂 I think Alcide let Russell out like she was betrayed in the books by Quinn. I’m sure she will find her way back to Eric somehow at least I’m hoping this is Alan Ball’s idea. Any who you can tell she is getting a lot stronger and fearless and if she is going to be the perfect mate for Eric she need to humble herself and this is the way to do that. Sookie now has to protect herself if Charles Twining shows up Eric will be her cushion. I hope Bill wasn’t the one who killed her parents?

July 2, 2012 at 1:59 pm

Sookie is not “bed hopping”. She slept with Eric last season, more than a year after her last tryst with Bill. It’s been a couple of weeks since she was with Eric, and now she’s having a drunken make out session with Alcide. That is not “bed hopping”. Man, I’d hate to be a female you all know in real life. You must despise 90% of them.

• Mexton

July 2, 2012 at 3:55 pm

No, I don’t because I been there and done that I guess we are a little hard on Sookie. Eric slept with his sister so it’s only fair she gets a little action and I don’t think it’s the alcohol either. I was truly hoping for an Eric and Sookie happily ever after. In the books Bill had the sister and Bill needed his sister’s help curing him of silver poisoning and the story line depicts Eric has the sister. If a Quinn pops up and she gives him some action right after giving Alcide some then Sookie is bed hopping

July 2, 2012 at 4:56 pm

I think we should wait and see what happens, and what the context is for things that happen, before labeling characters (or people).

3. logic

July 2, 2012 at 5:36 pm

i thonestly think that the way both Bill and Eric are acting is perfectly in line with how their characters would react. Eric was hesitant when he said fuck sookie in the first episode and all his actions since then scream i’m hurt, even Salome said she could tell his wound was still fresh. Bill is more open to his feelings where Eric is way more closed and guarded. Thats all… I think Eric still absolutely loves Sookie and we will hopefully see this by end of season….
    I have a prediction which may be totally wrong but here it goes, Lucy Griffiths said in an interview she has a scene with Sookie, maybe her being a sanguinista she smells sookie, tries to kill her and Eric steps in and kills Nora!! ooooo wouldnt that be a treat 🙂

• esw45

July 2, 2012 at 11:21 pm

Logic, that would be cool if that happened in the finale…..i think Nora would be jealous that Eric is in love with another woman and her being part fairy too