VIDEO: Watch 2 Sneak Peeks at True Blood Episode 5.05

I am so bummed that I’ll miss watching this week’s episode of True Blood live with all of you. We’re road tripping to Comic Con this year, and we’re leaving Sunday.* Thank Godric for HBO GO! We have a pair of sneaks for “Let’s Boot and Rally”. The first has Jessica giving Tara the GOOD side of being a vampire, while the second has Molly (Yay! Tina Majorino!) delivering some bad news to Bill & Eric in an impossibly chipper voice.

*Liz will be hosting the live chat on her own this week, so play nice!

1. Dee

July 5, 2012 at 4:41 pm

I love Tina Majorino!

“Peace out”

• Blomman

July 6, 2012 at 1:19 pm

Me to .. Vampires , love them 🙂

2. trubie90

July 5, 2012 at 5:03 pm

I get what Jessica is saying but at the same time you have to watch your friends, family, neighbors and everyone else you become attached to that isn’t vampire grew old and die. The cycle is non-stop over and over that’s a lonely existence. I don’t really think making a vampire to explore the world with forever helps either I mean so far we have seen alot of maker/progeny relationships completely dissolve or become a see you once in a couple of decades type of relationship ie Eric/Godric.

I do hope Tara and Jessica become friends. I know they will probably get into their fight over Hoyt but I hope that it doesn’t stop this potential great friendship that can build. I know if I had to live forever I would need a friend that was given the same curse(not by me) as well so we could forever stalk the night and wandering the earth together.

• Kurenai

July 6, 2012 at 4:20 am

I do wonder if Jessica realizes this yet. The closest thing she has to a family is Bill …who will live forever, but they may eventually part when he releases her. And right now Jason and Sookie are her only friends. I think Jessica is living in the here and now and is not really thinking about the future that you described so clearly. I don’t think even she will realize that a cycle will set where every human friend/lover she meets will die sooner then she thinks.

• Madeleine

July 6, 2012 at 4:26 am

You both have good points, but that’s not so different from life as it is for everybody, right? You meet people, get close and eventually part. You never know what the future holds for you, kind of makes you think if you show your affection and appreciation for loved ones often enough…..

• Kurenai

July 6, 2012 at 6:03 am

That is true, but I think what’s different is as a human, unexpected things may occur but you still have other people by your side be it your friend/lover/family that you can grow old with together or apart but as a vampire, everyone will die, and no one will be there unless you have connected yourself with other vampires.

I think watching the people around you age, watching them get sick, watching them takes risk (something that may not even be a big deal to yourself b/c you have all the time in the world) is something that would make a deep feeling churn in the pit of your stomach …it would be an indescribable feeling b/c you don’t know what emotion your actually feeling.

I of course think that feeling will be the strongest when the friends you had as a human slowly start dying around you. I also believe that everything I’ve stated would be for vampires who were recently turned and haven’t yet made connections with other vampires other than their Maker.

3. Nokturhn

July 5, 2012 at 5:37 pm

I hope Bill & Eric will survive ! It’s great to see them working together.

• Stephy B

July 5, 2012 at 6:43 pm

Of course they do. True Blood wouldn’t be on if they died.

• Madeleine

July 6, 2012 at 4:39 am

Are you absolutely sure both will make it? Beyond the shadow of a doubt? Having in mind that one main character will be killed off this season?

July 6, 2012 at 6:46 am

Well I’m absolutely sure. They are not the only main characters on the show.

• Madeleine

July 6, 2012 at 6:48 am

Thanks, that’s reassuring. 😉 Any guesses who might have to go?

July 6, 2012 at 9:08 am

I’m not sure, but there are a lot of main characters this season, including those of the Authority. There’s also Luna.

• Stephy B

July 7, 2012 at 9:00 am

Doesn’t mean a main character from the entire series is gonna die…. could be a farie(sp) or Authority member( who would all be considered main characters for this season.).

• Debi

July 10, 2012 at 7:26 pm

I keep reading about a character death this year that is a regular…does not mean that it’s a main character like Sookie, Eric, or Bill. First time I saw it, it was hinted it was Jason. I then started looking for actors with other gigs or ones that might want out since Alan is leaving. Joe/Alcide said he’s missed movie rolls due to TB shoot shedule. I then thought about Arlene. But Todd/Terry is listed for new series Bunheads, so he’s my new fav for true death for his war crimes.

• Lizzy

July 6, 2012 at 1:51 am

Now we get to see Bill and Eric thinking this very well could be our last night alive, having not thought that in a long time, together! How wonderful to see two vampires going through that, reflections or thoughts people that old could have and how they’re going to make their Boss Vampire ways out of this deadline, to start with! Add to that they both just saw Sook kissing another guy.

Lafayette has been fantastic all season. I’m so glad to see more of him, and getting to see him finding out what happened with Jesus is making me excited.

Tara and Jessica looks good and would help grow both characters, something I think is needed. It’ll be sweet to see two Bon Temps girls who have both lived hard lives have a discussion about being turned. And I still love Hoyt, I hate to see him hurting so I’m glad his story is continuing on. Jason and him need friendships right now, desperately.

4. J

July 5, 2012 at 7:22 pm

Tina is hilarious in that clip! Yikes, that’s one way to get Bill and Eric to pick up the pace. “Pressure pushing down on me Pressing down on you no man ask for…..”

Jessica and Tara look so beautiful in that clip 🙂

• Art

July 6, 2012 at 1:00 pm

You read my mind. Both Tara and Jessica look so gorgeous in that clip. If Tara starts enjoying being a vampire, she needs to go apologize to Lafayette and Sookie.

• Kurenai

July 6, 2012 at 1:27 pm

She wouldn’t need to do any anything. She doesn’t owe them an apology if she starts accepting what she is now. It’s both their faults she’s in this situation right now b/c they were both selfish in their decision to keep her around instead of throwing a nice little funeral for her.

• Madeleine

July 6, 2012 at 1:56 pm

For once I can agree with you, Tara doesn’t OWE Sookie or Lafayette an apology. And yes it was partly selfish what they did, but at this point I do have empathy for Sookie and Lafayette. After all what they’ve been through it’s understandable they couldn’t stand another loss.
          But if Tara truly cannot see (at some point, not immediately) in how much pain her friends / family were and what drove them to their action I would be disappointed. I’m not talking about forgiveness, just about acknowledging the predicament Sookie and Lafayette were in. I think that would be important for Tara in order to make her peace with her new state of existence.

• Jay

July 7, 2012 at 8:54 pm

I think that amends will be made. Tara and Sookie and Lafayette have a strong relationship and I think that with time everyone will cool down and just mellow out. I also agree that Tara doesn’t need to apologize. Everyone just needs to acknowledge what happened and move on.

5. Mexton

July 5, 2012 at 9:09 pm

This episode looks like it’s going to be good I hope my instincts are right