VIDEOS: Sneak Peeks at True Blood Episode 5.09

HBO released two sneak peeks at this Sunday’s episode of True Blood, “Everybody Wants to Rule the World”, for us to dissect. First we have Sookie and Lafayette doing some digging into the deaths of her parents (and hinting at a “visit” from Gran). In the second clip, Eric tries to get through to Bill, but Bill insists on fanning the flames of doubt about his allegiance.

“Everybody Wants to Rule the World” airs Sunday, August 5 at 9/8c on HBO.

1. Goldie Jean

August 2, 2012 at 8:10 pm

I love that Eric is the voice of reason! One thing I wish the writers would explore more is the cultural backgrounds of the characters. As a medieval Scandinavian, he’d be suspicious toward organized religion

2. Liz

August 2, 2012 at 8:26 pm

LOL!!! Lafayette, you’re so funny!

3. J

August 3, 2012 at 12:51 am

Interesting to see Sookie and Laf. team up again 🙂 Laf. is so sassy in this clip lol! He’s too funny 🙂

Eric’s praise Lilith face-priceless, LOL. He’s great in that clip, hope he knocks some sense into Bill.

4. Nokturhn

August 3, 2012 at 2:49 am

Can’t wait to see this episode ! I love Eric this seasons, so funny 😀

5. Belle

August 3, 2012 at 4:37 am

I just saw someone’s comment on youtube underneath the Bill and Eric clip which sums it up really:

“You know things are bad when Eric Northman becomes the voice of reason.”

🙂 Can’t wait to see the episode!

6. ayidnahs

August 3, 2012 at 7:47 am

There is actually one more clip featuring Jessica too.

August 3, 2012 at 11:24 am

From this next episode? It wasn’t part of the press kit HBO sent out.

• JayJay

August 3, 2012 at 11:36 am

Mel, I saw it on the SimplyMoyer.com cite, but could not get the video to play. It concerns Jessica and hoyt.

August 3, 2012 at 1:34 pm

I see they’ve updated their post to note that HBO pulled that clip. Too spoilery, perhaps?

• J

August 3, 2012 at 1:45 pm

Ya, I kept seeing gifs from that clip and I kept scouring the net to find it, lol. Oh well, guess we’ll find out soon enough 🙂 🙂

7. Jdubbs

August 3, 2012 at 6:15 pm

I saw it too on the hbo mobile app before they took it down. Jessica being interviewed by Kenya about Hoyt. Didn’t really give away anything that wasnt in the preview for next week. I wonder why they took it down :-/ can’t wait for Sunday!!!

8. Christie

August 3, 2012 at 8:27 pm

I think I figured out who Warlow is. It may be Bill because: 1) in the clip w/ Sookie channeling the vamp, his bottom teeth are crooked just like Bill’s and his side burns match Bills also 2) A couple of seasons ago when Bill was out of it in the back of the van and sucked Sookie dry almost to death and visited Claudene in fairy world – Caludene never called him by his name – she called him ‘vampire’, 3) We forget Bill had a very detailed file on Sookie and her family , 4) At the end of this episode when Sookie ‘sees’ the vamp, he says ‘you are mine’. Just some food for thought.

• Amy

August 3, 2012 at 11:29 pm

Interesting theory Christie! I was wondering that too…but then I thought: if Sookie
      can read his thoughts, maybe he’s not all vampire. Maybe he’s a faerie hybrid kind
      of thing. Also when the Authority/Bill & Eric got “high” on Lilith’s blood,
      it reminded me of when Eric got drunk from drinking faerie blood, maybe Lilith
      is part faerie or only fed on faeries.
      I’m usually not this into TV shows or Vamp stuff, but I’m hooked on V!

• J

August 4, 2012 at 10:43 pm

I totally think he could be a hybrid, 1/2 fae, 1/2 vampire.

• Gail

August 5, 2012 at 3:42 pm

I agree that Warlow who killed Sookies parents could very well be a Fae/vamp cross. Also all
          Claudine did was to tell him to get out of or away from the car, and at that point I think he had already killed Sookie’s father and was going for her mother and Claudine did NOT even use the blasting hand power on him which could have stopped him before he killed Sookie’s mother! I am now wondering if Claudine is Warlows mother… Or she has another reason for not blasting him… I think she and maybe all the Fae have been keeping Warlow a secret…

9. Blomman

August 5, 2012 at 3:56 pm

Just realise what the name ” vlad ” can stand for the name after vlad III basarab who came to be Dracula . Maybe thats why Jason looked like he did when Sookie said the name ?

Thanks for posting 🙂 cant wait to see the ep !

• Blomman

August 5, 2012 at 4:05 pm

Sorry Wrong name !! cant be true !

August 5, 2012 at 5:19 pm

I was wondering if we’d watched the same episode. LOL