PHOTO: Season 5 Finale, “Save Yourself” [Spoiler]

We’ve got one more photo to share from last night’s season 5 finale, courtesy of HBO, Save Yourself. This is from the final scene so if have not yet watched it and do not want to be spoiled, SAVE YOURSELF!

Billith – Photo: HBO

1. Stephanie Pitman

August 27, 2012 at 12:23 pm

I truebie love the character Bill but I think recreating him into this Billith is just a little too out there. It would have definately been an unforgettable finale if he had the true death. Plus Jason and Lafayette could have spoke to him and who knows…Sookie could have time traveled via Fairyland and maybe saved him from all this craziness…Regardless can’t wait to see what happens next year on the show, I will always be a Truebie!

2. Donna

August 28, 2012 at 3:40 pm

I think one of the reasons we loved Bill so much is his inner struggle , should be very interesting to see where his character goes. It seems that Bill has become much smarter in the last 2 seasons as well. I still find it difficult to buy his barking orders and now that he is some who knows what I don’t think he will go back to his loving, almost innocent self- gee if you can say that about a vamp. However, one thing I believe this will do is end the possible Sookie and Bil vs Sookie and Eric. Can’t imagine what Bill would do now to Gran’s bedspreads.
    Have to admit I am surprised by the list of who made it out alive. Though I could always enjoy more of Russell, I am glad Eric brought on the true death. I am really amazed Nora made it out alive, yet who knows what awaits our hero’s when the elevator door opens next season.
    Forigve my next comment, I don’t think I am alone here. I can’t want for Anna to bring those beautiful babies into the world so we can go back to some steaming sex scenes especially what we missed out with Alcide. Can I get a amen?
    Love, love ,love Pam and Tara for all of the many fans who complained about Tara I think this year was payback for weak story lines and quivering bottom lips. She is amazing and her and Pam could have their own show and we would be faithful viewers. Wonderful story development serious.
    I agree with many viewers although it was great for laugh during the fae births, LaLa needs a strong story line, heis such a loved character and what an actor, just amazing.
    One complaint, hard to imagine that Alcide would take any V. Just hard for me to accept. Not what he has seen it do to others.
    Now that this seasonis over we have the next and last, book coming out in the spring.
    Thank you all for the enjoyment, thoughts, ideas and WTF’s!!!

August 29, 2012 at 7:41 pm

Nice comment post, Donna! I love what you said about Sookie’s bedspread and Bill. LOL! As for Lafayette and giving him a strong story line, they did! Last season and the first part of this season gave Nelsan Ellis some excellent acting showcases and great storyline for Lafayette.

• donna

August 29, 2012 at 8:58 pm

Liz,
        I agree and if I could spell better I could make my point. Okay, here goes after the siance (SP?) there was really nothing but him cooking a great meal – dealing with some rednecks and making some drinks, I would have liked to have been invited to that party. With his relationship with Tara I would have liked to have him in some way added to that story line. He is such a wonderful actor, as are so much of the cast, I always want more of him. He adds flavor

Liz, thank you so much for taking the time to respond to my comments. That was very sweet of you.I am very concerned about what my emotional state will be after rreading the next and last Sookie Stackhouse novel, as the last one had me in tears! Hope the site is still active so I can call on you and the fans for support.

D

August 30, 2012 at 10:23 am

Don’t worry, Donna, we’re here for the long haul!

I agree that Lafayette got reduced screen time in the latter half of the season, but I’m just so happy to be rid of grieving Lafayette that I was OK with it. His storyline for the last season and a half had wrapped once he killed Jesus’ grandfather and made peace with Jesus’ death. Pulling him into Sookie’s storyline there in mid-season was awesome, but after that, he deserved a day or two off.

• Kate

August 31, 2012 at 1:25 pm

Donna, couldn’t agree more about Tara. I think this is the best we’ve ever seen of her, and I absolutely love her and Pam together. The sexual tension between them this season was great, and even better because they had such an intense dislike for one another before. This storyline was my favorite of the season, and I can’t wait to see what their relationship is like next season. Is it too soon to start calling them Para?

• Donna

August 31, 2012 at 4:22 pm

Kate,

Kate,
        Your to funny! Para. I think the entire story line with Pam was just great, learning her history and the lessons Eric taught her about becoming a maker and she finally got it and applied her life ( or death if you wish ) lessons with her own baby vamp. I think we as fan needed to see Tara experience what her character had become- she was not bisexual in the first 3 seasons. I have to add that it took all of that so that Tara, with the help from Pam could finally walk away from her mother for good. Which was priceless. One other thing I want to mention is the change in Eric as a grandfather, she is family be nice to her too! Though I am not diggin Nora, I never bought that she is ruthless and brillant regarding her own advancement. Besides I think we all agree that after we get to enjoy watching a great sex marathon between Sookie and Alcide, Sookie belongs with Eric, I felt rather ripped off with her getting sick, we the fans have been waiting longer than Alcide for that moment only to be spoiled by someone who cannot hold her alcohol! Love it!!

3. Anabell

September 2, 2012 at 6:23 pm

Love this show. It’s not afraid to expose things that aren’t mainstream, it’s different creative and gutsy!! Love it. 🙂

4. Donna

September 7, 2012 at 1:26 am

Heard, can’t think of where right now- that next season will only be 10 episodes not 12. I think- cobwebs in my head, it has something to do with Anna pregnancy. Has anyone else heard this? Seriously this does not make any sense, scenes can always be filmed later and work on other storylines..so don’t be mad – just passing on some gossip wondering if there is any truth.
    Last rumor I will bring here, I hate gossip, but want to know if this is off track junk or possibly true.

D

September 7, 2012 at 12:00 pm

You probably heard it here, Donna. We posted the news last week.

• Donna

September 7, 2012 at 11:27 pm

So I am not crazy after all!!