True Blood Radio 204: Making Sense of the Season 6 Trailer

HBO gave us 90 seconds of awesomeness in the True Blood season 6 trailer, and we spend 45 minutes analyzing it. A new record? Plus a few spoilers from late season 6 casting calls in this episode of True Blood Radio.

WARNING: SPOILERS!!!

Things We Talked About:

1. Sec

May 10, 2013 at 10:12 am

I guy with the bag on his head is Steve Newlin.

The Rikki scene i just think is Alcide recieving the perks of being pack master aka threesomes

The girl who punched Lafayette is the other wolf girl from last season

I think the reason Alcide is that maybe Sam has sold out one of the pack (Rikki) to the government and Alcide found out

2. Jen

May 10, 2013 at 12:07 pm

The shifters are the only thing that keep me coming back to the show. Not the Weres, definitely ain’t the fairies or the fangers….

3. ericsw45

May 10, 2013 at 12:17 pm

Hi Mel/Liz,
    Here are some of my thoughts on what some of the scenes we saw on the trailer are:

The scene with Eric talking about Bill and the government is after us was him talking to Pam not Sookie.

The scene with a vampire being dragged in chains behind a truck full of humans doesn’t look like Eric, I just think its a random vampire that is happening to.

There is a scene of Lillith not all bloody and dressed like a normal person, talking to Bill I believe in his mind about what their plan is.

The scene with Eric without his shirt on and with a lady in white is the governor’s daughter Willa, but I can’t quite make out what Eric is doing is he digging a hole or what? Willa is also in the scene where Eric goes to her window after flying it seems and that is not Nora at Sookie’s house but Willa.

The scene where Eric and Bill are fighting on Sookie’s porch with Eric having a stake, just shows how powerful Bill is now over Eric.

The scene with Sookie and the infamous couch with Ben definitely means that something bad will happen between them and I think Ben is not as he appears to be to Sookie, because that couch has seen some action but the follow thru has never been good.

Lastly, The scene with Warlow coming thru a portal gives evidence to me that Warlow is not a vampire but a faery and probably also is Niall as well.

• Mike

May 13, 2013 at 12:38 am

With the things warlow does and the way his character is approached as well as someone stating how he was rare, I have a feeling warlo is a fay who was turned. Which of course would be SUPER rare since a vampire would actually have to be able to stop themselves long enough to turn them.

4. Wendy

May 10, 2013 at 12:39 pm

Is it possible Waldo and Niall are brothers (twins)?

• Wendy

May 10, 2013 at 12:41 pm

oops… Warlow not Waldo

5. Ka

May 11, 2013 at 5:22 am

willa is the one with the white gown not godric look at the waiting sucks video of eric…it’s thaat girl wearing the same clothes
    and the one drag out is not eric
    and ericc was talking with pam about the authoriity and human governor not sookie

6. Whitney

May 11, 2013 at 11:21 am

I think bill may be able to go in the sunlight and he no longer needs permission to enter a house… Possible?

7. Whitney

May 11, 2013 at 11:24 am

The car drag out isn’t Eric the vamp has brown eyes I think it’s just a random vamp

8. Ka

May 11, 2013 at 12:20 pm

I think warlow is a vampire that assumes forms…I mean maybe that’s why he drank sookie’s parents to become them or to turn in everyone of sookie’s bloodliine (perhaps is a set up for next time he goes for sookie).or if he wants to and alterate jason’s hallucination.I think bill at 1×03 said on the first with sookie that some vampire have the power to change form…
    And knowing eric hadn’t give her house back yet I could see that he could pretend to be nial and when he goes inside sookie’s house he finally kidnapps her or somethinG..
    But all that is just a guess lol
    btw love your videos.I hope we get some more footage

9. toni

May 12, 2013 at 9:40 pm

Anna Camp did part of the narration, during the Steve unbagged scene. The woman in white is Willa, I think Eric might get to know her very well. I have to watch again because I thought Tara was being dragged by the red necks and no one else has said that.

May 13, 2013 at 12:59 pm

It’s definitely not Tara being dragged. I know I’m at least right about that.

• Whitney

May 14, 2013 at 9:35 pm

Lol ya the vamp being dragged is def a white guy

10. Joseph

May 28, 2013 at 10:13 pm

I am going to speculate the freak out, so try to bear with me.
    I really like a lot of what y’all said in the podcast but I am going to go in a totally different direction.

This is a quote from Brian Buckner to TV Guide. He was asked if Bill is a god now.
    ” ‘We prefer prophet. Bill’s more than just vampire and has powers we’ve never seen a vampire have,’ says new executive producer Brian Buckner. ‘Bill and Sookie are not going to get on so hot. But their not getting on is kind of awesome.’ ”
    Here’s what I get from his quotes to TV Guide and the trailer.

-Billith most definitely can “day walk”.
    -Billith doesn’t have to be invited into a house.
    -Billith develops a sense of immortality that will allow for him to create a way for Lillith to re-enter this dimension, which has been her plan all along. (She can currently only interact with someone when they consume the blood where she takes on the form of a hallucination.
    -Bill is being called a prophet. He was chosen by the Lillith character for the same reason that Sookie was promised to Warlow. Lillith and Warlow are connected somehow and they are working toward some kind of grand design where they can both re-enter this dimension to accomplish something. I don’t know what that something is, but I feel like that is why Bill and Sookie NOT getting on is so awesome, because it keeps it from happening.
    -The “events have been set in motion” quote is from the character of Lillith,
    which I DON’T believe is the first vampire kind, because Bill Buckner also said
    that Warlow will be the oldest vampire that we have met thus far.
    -I think that what we saw and heard from two characters in the authority last
    season have great bearing on what is happening now. (Roman and Dieter).
    -Dieter said that he knew who wrote the Vampire Bible and that is was all crap
    because the person who wrote it was high at the time. (on the same blood
    perhaps)
    -Dieter tried to warn them about drinking the blood and even used the word
    “blasphemous” to describe their ceremony. He specifically mentioned Roman
    and he as the two oldest members of the authority.
    -Roman did not believe that the blood was the blood of Lillith. He, like Dieter,
    did not believe in the literal interpretation of the Vampire Bible. He was a true
    GUARDIAN, which leads me to ask, what was he truly guarding?

I think that Roman and Dieter both knew that the supposed “blood” was a substance that, if totally consumed, would set into motion the plan of both Lillith and Warlow, a plan that was laid out in the Vampire Bible, but only cryptically. They knew that their job was to guard against this from happening. Some sort of supernatural apocalypse involving the decimation of the human population.

I think that the humans will begin to try and find a way to permanently turn the vamps back into humans and render their vampire blood inert. That is what I think will be the experimentation storyline that involves Eric.
    I think that it will culminate in the supes all uniting against the humans because they all fear that they will be changed into ordinary humans.
    This is all divide and conquer from Lillith and Warlow.

Now with all that said… The plans of Warlow and Lillith are the key to the season.
    What exactly they both are and how they are connected is what I am watching for.

Thanks for reading and letting me post my rambling speculative nonsense.
    I hope that I am totally wrong and they blow my mind with something beautifully dreadful. A final so awe-inspiring that I am captured in overwhelming magnificence.

God I freaking love this show.

May 30, 2013 at 10:50 am

Wow, that is an awesome speculation! A lot of it makes sense and I would like to see some of that take place. Especially concerning the Bill/Lilith/Warlow connection. The idea that Roman and Deiter were protecting that vial because they knew the destruction it could cause is one that I can live with nicely. And if Warlow is the oldest vampire we’ll be introduced to this season it would explain how Nora knows of him.

I like it!