SPOILERS: Nuggets from the First Three Episodes of True Blood Season 6

The screeners (DVDs for advance review) for True Blood season 6 went out to critics and reviewers recently, providing fresh fodder for spoiler columns. Here’s a round up of spoilery tidbits from various sources.

From Matt’s Inside Line @ TVLine:

I’m so excited that Anna Camp is returning to True Blood. Any scoop on how Sarah is going to react to Steve coming out of the closet? Or maybe she already knew he was gay all along? –Rashad
God-loving Sarah resurfaces in this season’s third episode and wastes no time tearing into her ex — but it’s his vampiric orientation she seems to have the bigger issue with.

Yes! Sarah returns sooner rather than later!

From Mega Buzz @ TV Guide:

I can’t wait for True Blood to return! Please tell me you have some scoop! — Andre
NATALIE: To sum up the show’s return: Blood. Death. Blood. Repeat. (But that second death won’t stick.) More specifically, remember last season when Sookie and Jason discovered that someone named Warlow killed their parents? Well, suffice it to say that finding and destroying him will be at the narrative fore (particularly because of this casting). What will surprise you, though, is Warlow’s connection to Bill’s occupation of/transformation into/death by Lillith. Nora is going to have to brush up on her vampire Bible, tout suite.

Ooooh, Warlow is connected to Billith? Are we hinting that vampires can transform into more than psuedo-deities? And the death that doesn’t stick – new vampire?

From Ask Ausiello @ TVLine:

Question: Any scoop on True Blood Season 6? —Soso
Ausiello: I carved a few hours out of my holiday weekend to watch the first two episodes, and here are a few highlights: There’s a pivotal death, a threesome, a Hoyt shout-out, all kinds of fancy new anti-vampire weaponry and a horrifying glimpse into the future that may or may not foreshadow this. Also, if you’ve been dying to know what Friday Night Lights‘ Jurnee Smollett-Bell will be up to this season, I can now confirm that she will be playing an activist with the Vampire Unity Society (V.U.S.) by the name of Nicole who sets her sights on [spoiler].

Um, didn’t we know that Jurnee was playing Nicole about 5 months ago? Or is he teasing that she’s got the hots for one of Bon Temps’ finest? And he’s still trying to front like Eric is being killed off. Nice try, Ausiello. With all these red herrings about the Viking being the one killed off, who do you think they’re trying to deflect attention from so it’s totally shocking when it happens?

1. Karoline22

May 30, 2013 at 5:37 pm

Totally word!!I THINK they want to turn jason…which it’ll considering the hate he has on vampires will make the drama .Though I am not so keen on the idea of making him a vampire considering sookie last relative being dead is a sad ending for sookie’s character.Doing that to her for me it too much!What do yoou think if that’s the case true-blood net?

• Debi

June 2, 2013 at 3:58 pm

Thank goodness they didn’t turn him into the were panther…the TB version of Calvin and co. was just too awful…yuck.
      Jason has had a few close calls, so you never know.

2. ericsw45

May 30, 2013 at 11:55 pm

We can see from the trailer that Sarah Newlin will be working with the governor on destroying vampires and have captured Steve Newlin that’s why he is crying in the trailer. Nicole I think sets her sights on Sam because I believe that poor Luna dies in the first episode or beginning of the second one. Your right that second death won’t stick is very interesting because it could mean anything….Eric will not die so please Ausellio move on!

3. Zara

June 1, 2013 at 10:32 am

I just know it will be Pam. Anytime I really love a character they die! I will loose my shit seriously!

• Susan

June 16, 2013 at 10:41 am

It better not be Pam, I love the bitch too much! Besides, I think the whole Tara-Pam relationship would be for nothing if they killed Pam off. Some say it’s Tara, Jason, some say it’s Eric. It better not be Pam, she means so much to me. Hm. That’s pretty sad, but it’s true.

4. Debi

June 2, 2013 at 3:54 pm

I keep seeing the death thing too. Alex was doing press for his new movie when interviewer asked him about the ending of DEA. He asks if Eric dies, but is told he becomes a sex slave. He was surprised and it was very funny. Since it’s book 13, he laughed he had 8 more seasons before that happened. I didn’t get the feeling he was being killed off.

5. LeeLee

June 9, 2013 at 6:33 pm

I have a feeling Nora is going to die this season… Luna will die in the first episode but Nora will be soon after…

6. BB

June 17, 2013 at 8:52 am

Where is the evidence that eric will die? where has this come from?, i’m so worried now

June 17, 2013 at 9:01 am

Some entertainment reporter who wanted a bunch of traffic. He insinuated that Eric would die in episode 6, but didn’t actually have any proof because there isn’t any. What there is proof of is Alexander Skarsgard on set filming the season finale a couple of weeks ago.

• BB

June 18, 2013 at 6:29 am

Thanks so much for the reply puts me at ease

7. rcox

June 22, 2013 at 8:21 am

I think it is either going to be Eric or LA LA. Alexander Skarsgard only sign a 6 year contract with the show.

June 22, 2013 at 8:27 am

ALL of the original cast members signed 6 year contracts. If that’s the rationale for Eric being doomed, then it also applies to Sookie, Bill, Lafayette, Sam, Tara, Pam, Jason, Arlene, and Terry.