SPOILERS: Do Sam & Nicole Have Chemistry?

Apparently we weren’t the only ones to notice the electricity in the air when Jurnee Smollett’s Nicole confronted Sam Trammell’s Sam about his real identity in Merlotte’s last week. But will that turn into a romantic connection? In this week’s Inside Line from TVLine, Matt goes there with a fan question:

In the second episode of True Blood Season 6, I sensed a little sexual tension between Sam and the new character, Nicole. Could Nicole possibly be Sam’s new love interest or will he be taking a break from the ladies after the death of Luna? –Rashad
Granted, Luna’s body is barely cold, but yes, things do seem heading that way – especially since Nicole’s current beau runs into some bad luck this Sunday while Sam makes a bold choice to run to the new gal’s rescue when the wolf pack runs amok. Oh, and there’s this: The official logline for the July 7 episode reads: “Sam and Nicole make a connection.” Case closed!

Look, I’m all for Sam being happy and getting the girl, but given the glacial rate that time passes on True Blood, the July 7 episode will likely take place around 48 hours after Luna’s horrible death. Forty. Eight. Hours. Too soon!

1. Madeleine

June 28, 2013 at 9:55 am

Making a connection can mean a lot of things. And why again shouldn’t Sam behave like the rest? I’m thinking of Andy betraying Holly, Alcide getting it on with two b*** right after he killed someone and ate him (!), Sookie picking up the next stray (was that twelve hours after she escaped?), Tara jumping into bed with Franklin right after Eggs died …..

June 28, 2013 at 11:17 am

Yes, it can mean many things, which is why I’m calling foul on “case closed”. Regarding “the rest”: Andy and Holly weren’t officially together yet when he slept with Maurella; Alcide being with Rikki & Danielle after defeating JD is apples to oranges; Sookie hasn’t been with anyone since Amnesia!Eric a few weeks ago in Bon Temps time; and Tara was glamoured.

• Madeleine

June 28, 2013 at 11:25 am

Andy admitted his second time with Maurella was when he was with Holly (birth-scene), and Tara was glamoured at Sookie’s house, not at the parking lot from where she took Franklin to the motel. Franklin held the guy for Tara to beat him up and she took F. freely with and enjoyed it. Do you recall her saying “that was amazing” and inviting F. to bite her? He refused – because she wanted him to. It was only the next night when he glamoured her.

June 28, 2013 at 1:35 pm

I’d forgotten about the motel scene with Franklin. Tara was one effed up woman, poor thing. I still maintain that it’s apples and oranges, though. Sam’s just not that guy.

2. Rina

June 28, 2013 at 5:30 pm

Why don’t we see how the events unfold before we jump to conclusions, OK?

June 28, 2013 at 5:53 pm

Exactly how I think Matt at TVLine should’ve handled the question. He hasn’t seen the July 7 ep, so he doesn’t know what “make a connection” means.

3. LordDoom

June 28, 2013 at 6:32 pm

I didn’t see any chemistry between them, and am tired of this showing feeling like everybody needs to hook up with the next random person in town to make them (the random person) interesting. With his track record Nicole will end up dead anyway, and for that I can’t wait. Her character and the entire outing shifters storyline are just plain uninteresting. This show used to be good until they seemed to turn it into fanfiction written to please a bunch of people that seem to want this kind of soap opera/Desperate housewives type drama.

June 28, 2013 at 7:50 pm

Seems a little early to discount Nicole’s entire storyline. We’ve only seen about 5 minutes of her so far.

Also, while we understand that people have differing opinions about the show, please remember that this is a FANsite, not a COMPLAIN site. A lot of us quite enjoy the show for what it is.

4. Elaine

June 29, 2013 at 8:22 am

Thanks for that Mel. I personally am really looking forward to the shifter story line. I think Sam is a really great and complex character . Sam Trammell plays him so well, so I say bring it on and enjoy the ride.

5. Eva

June 30, 2013 at 6:38 pm

Oh man I am not ready for a Luna replacement, I loved Luna’s I take no bs attitude. She was the best I’ll miss her character more than I miss Nan and Sophie Anne.