The Question of Eric’s Undead-ness [SPOILERS]

We got some scoop today that may or may not make many True Blood fans happy or sad. How’s that for being cryptic? Seriously though, Matt Mitovich brings us news about who will survive after last Sunday’s episode.

Do you have any insight as to who might be experiencing the true death on True Blood? –Bobby
Here’s one name I’d venture to rule out, despite how last Sunday’s episode ended: Eric — if only because I hear that he’s busy making a last-ditch effort to save an ailing Nora in the July 28 episode. Unless, you know, it’s his ghost saving her. Or something.

We don’t want to say we told you so, but we told you so!

1. Jacqueline

July 17, 2013 at 10:02 pm

So does this mean Pam will die? (I care about Nora in micro s***s, so, lol,)

2. TBPAMLOVER

July 18, 2013 at 1:51 am

If Pam does die and is killed by Eric then that’s it for me and if Eric dies that would also be the end for me and a lot of other people too.

3. Viv

July 18, 2013 at 7:25 am

No way is Pam or Eric dying. Big death is more likely to be a human or Tara.

• MaryDee

July 26, 2013 at 7:48 pm

Alex Skarsgard has already signed on for next season, so spirit, vampire or whatever, I’ll get my Eric fix next summer 😉

• Jaclynn

August 15, 2013 at 8:47 pm

Would you mind telling me where you heard he has signed on for next season please? After last week’s episodes I have heard a lot of conflicting reports and I would like some concrete evidence one or the other if you have it.

4. Vampiremaniac

July 18, 2013 at 7:54 am

Well, we saw blood on Eric’s side of the glass, it could be Pam… Despite I love her, the show need to kill off some characters because it needs to be unpredictable. I can’t really see, of course, how the Maker could kill his progeny (too much love), but we will see… And don’t forget we have Terry who’s probably going to die too.

• Vampiremaniac

July 18, 2013 at 7:57 am

Oh, and remember Eric’s tone when he was speaking to Steve… He was like devastated…

• Tigerlily_swirl

July 18, 2013 at 11:14 am

I agree. Shows like Game of Thrones and others have kill off popular characters all the time and are still going. I love many of the main characters on TB and if one of them were killed off I would be sad but still continue to watch. Not sure how many more seasons TB will continue, but I am sure more characters will die as the seasons go on. To me it’s just more realistic that way, and as you said “unpredictable”.

5. katrina

July 18, 2013 at 2:37 pm

I am crossing my fingers that pam does not die. I think with them showing Eric peaking through a whole with blood around it is a way for hbo to try to trick us into thinking that pam died. I’m really leaning towards Sookie dying and ben making her a fae/vamp. That’s all I got. I just want to know already!!!!

6. Stacy

July 18, 2013 at 5:46 pm

Like everyone else, I’m thinking one of the two people saying bye-bye this coming Sunday’s episode is Tara. Has anyone else thought of either Terry or Arlene???? Especially since Terry asked a military buddy to kill him without notice. Maybe Arlene gets into the way of the path of the bullet marked for Terry.

7. Stephanie

July 18, 2013 at 6:28 pm

What about Bill? I can see him sacrificing himself to save everyone. Remember, Lillith told him he is the only hope for Vampire kind to survive.

8. Buckspa

July 18, 2013 at 9:29 pm

Wasn’t one of the episodes originally named the funeral? Perhaps I am mistaken or it is to thow us off, But logic would tell me the character tat dies is not a vampire. because funerals are generally only thrown for deceased humans. I think lala or Arlene

July 19, 2013 at 3:42 am

Yes, episode 7 was originally titled “The Funeral”.

9. Nikki

July 18, 2013 at 10:19 pm

I doubt it’s a vampire, mainly because Todd Lowe stated in an interview that ” the death “kind of pulls [Bon Temps] together.” Sounds to me like a human or someone who lives in Bon Temps. Also Sam returns after a tragedy. Sounds like Lala. Hope not.

10. Tracy

July 18, 2013 at 11:19 pm

How would Eric dying make anyone happy? LOL I think it’s going to be Terry. They’re making it seem like it’s a main character, but in my opinion, that’s just their usual red herring. Terry HAS been around since the beginning, so he’s core cast. It’s either him or LaLa. Terry now seems to obvious because of the Justin guy, so it COULD be LaLa, too. That would make me sad. I think they will need to kill Terry in order to make Arlene go off the deep end.

11. Jai

July 18, 2013 at 11:26 pm

I think Terry will die this season. On another note….one of Andy’s fairy daughters that was killed by Jessica and who was lying on the floor at Bill’s house in the red and purple long sleeve mini dress, Jessica wore that dress in season 5 when she had the karaoke party with the college students that she invited over…and Jason too. Oh yeah, I caught that!!

July 19, 2013 at 3:42 am

If you look closely, you’ll see that all four of them have raided Jessica’s closet. 🙂

12. Lisa

July 19, 2013 at 3:37 pm

I was thinking LaFayette will be the one to go but I just saw a list of the True Blood panel for Comic Con this weekend and Alexander Skarsgard looks like he will not be attending which is making me nervous!! I think he always attends so this seems suspicious……

• Jen

July 19, 2013 at 3:56 pm

I don’t think that matters because people whose characters who have died off have been there (the Guardian, Jesus…) I think it’s just a scheduling conflict.

July 19, 2013 at 4:28 pm

It is indeed a scheduling conflict. And Skarsgard has missed two Comic Cons – one in 2008, which was the very first one, and one in 2010.

13. jonzangel

July 19, 2013 at 7:01 pm

I think it will be LaLa because right now he’s in a trance drowning Sookie. Terry also a possibility Arlene will have another love interest a vampire new to town. I’m just saying…I can’t wait!

• Vampiremaniac

July 19, 2013 at 7:45 pm

Nah, I think Lala will finally get zapped by Sookie rendering him unpossessed and that’s it. Terry, Pam, Tara are the main possiibilities. And Arlene with a vampire?! She would prefer to kill herself! LOL!

14. Lidia

July 21, 2013 at 8:34 am

After watching the preview for the remainder of the season where they show Arlene and Andy sitting in the Bellfeur home looking solemn… my guess is Terry.

• Melissa

July 21, 2013 at 2:06 pm

That’s Andy and his sister Portia in the living room, not Arlene. Im thinking her or Terry.

15. PolishPeasant

July 21, 2013 at 3:23 pm

So worried this death will be Lala. He hasn’t had enough scenes this season and he was just drowning Sookie….

16. Ashley

July 22, 2013 at 8:32 am

OH MY GOD, I hope it’s Sookie! By FAR my least favorite character.

July 22, 2013 at 10:01 am

Well since Sookie is the main character of the show and the one most of these stories revolve around, you’re not going to get your wish.

17. Monica

July 27, 2013 at 5:35 pm

Bill is the one who will die!! I can’t believe no one has picked up on it yet. Remember they kept saying Liliths progeny (Warlow) led her to the true death.

18. Hoots

July 28, 2013 at 9:01 pm

I think all the extra characters, not from the books will go. Like, Nora, Jessica, Willa, crazy haired girl from VUS, Lillith aka Bill, Warlow. LaFayette was supposed to die in Season 2, they already got rid of some of the extra characters. They are going back to the roots of the show, getting back to the books. Maybe they will exercise Lillith from Bill. Who knows. I like this season better than last season. Last season, the Vampire Authority story arc annoyed the heck out of me. Now, I am going to watch this week’s show. YAY!

July 29, 2013 at 12:14 pm

You know, people weren’t happy with the turn the books took either, so there’s that.