True Blood Radio 212: “Don’t You Feel Me”

Comic Con wasn’t the only thing happening this week – we also have a momentous episode of True Blood to discuss! From characters avoiding death to characters breathing their last, plus a weird sex scene and undercover shenanigans, “Don’t You Feel Me” gave Liz, Mel, and Mynda lots to talk about.

Thanks for joining us for another Google+ Hangout, Truebies. We’re starting to get the hang of it, although we once again encountered bad lighting and technical difficulties that Mynda couldn’t edit out for us. What do you think of this format?

Things We Mentioned:

1. Doggy2Prince

July 24, 2013 at 7:45 pm

Something tells me, Alcide and his pack are gonna team up with vampires and fight the LAVTF at the end of the season. Will you guys go back to loving Alcide if that happens?

Personally, a series of long boring and meaningless Were storylines and him acting like psychopath for most of the season is just not worth it; just to see him act like hero towards the end. Alcide and his kind should just disappear. There is no hope for the Weres; its like hoping,you reach the bottom of a bottomless pit its not gonna happen.

Did they ever explain, why Sookie’s privates started glowing? What the hell was that about. I wish Terry wasn’t killed off; he had so much potential. One crappy Terry storyline(Smoke Monster) and all of a sudden he deserves to die. Come on.

July 25, 2013 at 12:24 pm

Since the episode ended with Sookie ‘glowing’, no there hasn’t been an explanation yet.

2. esw45

July 25, 2013 at 11:14 pm

Great recap ladies, I like you hope Sookie and Warlow’s sex scene was a dream because it was too weird and didn’t seem like it was Sookie saying those things and doing the blood bond. I think it might be Warlow’s wishfulfllment dream as well. I feel bad for Arlene about Terry having himself killed and Eric I feel will be losing Nora next episode and he will feel responsible for that and lose himself for a bit i feel. I like how Jason has been this season ….he is back to being himself and that’s great news.I think Jessica being with James would be good for her and Violet seems crazy so I am not sure how i feel about her just yet.

3. Rina

July 26, 2013 at 1:36 am

Great podcast, guys. I feel like everyone is so hard on Lilith. She has the gift of prophecy, which means she sees glimpses of future events. We saw how the ability worked when Bill had visions in the first 2 episodes. He saw a vampire being dragged behind a truck, a child vampire being set on fire, and vampires meeting the sun in a white room. Unfortunately, the sight doesn’t come with a phone directory, a map, and a calendar. Except for the vamps that he recognized, Bill didn’t know the names of the vampires that he saw, or where and when the events will take place, and neither does Lilith. She gave Bill the best information that she could give him. I wish I could say that I couldn’t believe how rude Bill was to her, but that’s the reaction Bill had to every woman in the position of authority on the show. I have a feeling Bill will prove to be a great disappointment for Lilith before the season is over. I wouldn’t trust him to save me a drumstick from a bucket of chicken, much less an entire species.

4. Rina

July 26, 2013 at 1:39 am

It’s keeps telling me my comment is spammy. There is no spam in my comment. How does it know that?

July 26, 2013 at 8:05 am

Rina, if you post too many comments in a very short period of time our spam filters read that as spam and will shoot out a warning and hold your comment.

5. Rina

July 26, 2013 at 1:39 am

I actually liked Alcide in this episode because he did the right thing letting Sam and Nicole go, and he acknowledged that he took on a responsibility that he wasn’t prepared for. He basically told Sam that he couldn’t protect him from the werewolf pack. Alcide had understood that he was a packmaster in name only. Nobody really listened to him or respected him. Alcide has a long journey ahead of him earning the trust and respect of his pack, and I hope that he becomes a good leader…eventually.

You know, I haven’t really thought about Willa reading her father’s research on vampires and glamouring, but that does help explain how she might know how it’s done. Good call, Mel!

6. Rina

July 26, 2013 at 1:42 am

I don’t think Sookie’s time with Ben was a dream, but I guess we’ll see next episode. Sookie has a tendency to medicate her emotional pain with sex, so I don’t think repeating that pattern with Warlow is really out of character.

Great podcast, ladies. Good night.

7. Sookieeleana

July 26, 2013 at 3:46 am

Great broadcast. I had never even contemplated that Sookie/Warlow sex scene could be a dream until you brought that up. I really hope you are right. It did feel very un-sexy and not quite right. I had really enjoyed Warlow up to that point but he was kind of creepy in that whole scene, and after Sookie sent Eric away as she wanted to have a normal life I couldn’t understand her jumping in like that. So fingers crossed it wasn’t real.

I’m not a big fan of Bill Compton but I loved the way he went strolling into the Gov’s place. I hope that he and Eric will team up and destroy that awful vamp camp. Lilith is being no help at all, I’m so over her and her naked back-up girls.

July 26, 2013 at 8:11 am

Oh another Bill/Eric team up! Those two are awesome when they work together toward one goal so I’m with you, I’d like to see that as well.

• Lou

July 26, 2013 at 10:42 am

Naked back up girls! LOL… I thought the same thing.

• SouthernGirl306

July 26, 2013 at 5:03 pm

Yes! I couldn’t agree more…Lilith and her NBG Posse should just go away..the whole naked and soaked in blood is annoying…I hate when they show up…

8. Viv

July 26, 2013 at 5:14 pm

Will Warlow not bother with Sookie if she uses her light and isn’t Fae anymore I wonder. Niall telling her that she could stop being fae seems very convenient if she wants Warlow to leave her alone. Her blood is useless to him if human only.

9. Cindy

July 27, 2013 at 3:04 am

Hope Warlow and Sookie gives it a try and i think Sookie must become a vampire fairy. 🙂

• esw45

July 28, 2013 at 12:53 am

I hope Sookie never becomes a fairy vamp and Warlow and her has no chemistry at all he did kill her parents and has control issues…Sookie doesn’t need someone like him.

10. emax

July 28, 2013 at 12:47 pm

Hey-
    Good for Minda to step up-A couple of podcasts ago Liz reminded me of Max Headroom technical difficulties happen but great pod cast as always-I think it be so fun to see Sarah Newlin would make a run for Governor & Bill would make a great candidate as well he- could be the leader of the R.T.B.F-right to bear fangs party-would love to see those debates simular to Nan & Steve ” Reverend ” days–Would love to see that in next season would give Bill some purpose maybe like the vampire ancestary storyline in Charlaine’s books- I feel that Nora could meet true death & that could be Eric’s loss like Terry being Arlene’s loss -loved Terry cried at that whole scene – another thought came to mind for me of Vamp-camp very much like Eric’s treatment of Lafayette – hope that the were storyline could go sort of like in the books–Sam being outed and such- I look forward to seeing Eric’s outcome will Fangtasia be back ? Wish they would put Eric & Alcide back on the same page….

July 28, 2013 at 4:47 pm

“A couple of podcasts ago Liz reminded me of Max Headroom”

Wow, thanks.

July 28, 2013 at 7:30 pm

Hee hee hee!

11. emax

July 28, 2013 at 7:48 pm

Liz-
    No really I loved Maxheadroom–the video not audio of yours I think the week before you guys did the Google podcast-the video was jumpy–I didn’t mean that as a bad thing it’s always a great podcast –it’s “technology” -by the way- I’m sure I’m giving my age away by my appreciation of Max Headroom–I love you gals-I knew Hep V would make a come back…..

July 28, 2013 at 9:16 pm

Oh whew, thank goodness! I take so much time on hair and makeup so I won’t scare anyone – you had me worried!