Preview True Blood 6.08, “Dead Meat”

Take a look at what’s coming up next week on True Blood, episode 6.08, “Dead Meat”.

1. Vampiremaniac

July 28, 2013 at 9:57 pm

So they are preparing our vamps to meet the Sun, Jason will have some moments with Violet and Ben is making a deal with Sookie. Oh, and an Eric without humanity who will play important role for semi-finale and finale episodes will kill some girl outside Bill’s house… Sounds exciting but sad for Sookie who probably will get stuck with Ben 4ever and Eric who will be acting like a hungry lion outside the cage…

2. esw45

July 28, 2013 at 10:13 pm

I hope Sookie doesn’t get stuck with Warlow crazy butt….. she will regret ever messing with him another bad choice by Sookie. Eric will probably lose his humanity and will be on a killing spree maybe he will see Sookie and his humanity will return after that.

• Vampiremaniac

July 28, 2013 at 11:33 pm

Hmm, no, I think Eric will hate Sookie now for getting in Bill’s way to capture Warlow. Of course, it is stupid to think that hybrid’s blood would cure Nora from a virus. Oh, and if Bill’s blood can not cure Hep V maybe the virus can kill Bill too?

Oh well, I guess the Governor took his revenge but just like you say he removed the humanity of a really old vampire, that’s something hard to achieve and dangerous if succeeded I guess… I really don’t want to see Eric like a remorseless beast killing everyone in his eyesight…

• esw45

July 28, 2013 at 11:40 pm

Your probably right Vampiremaniac that’s sad because Eric’s love for Sookie is one of purest thing on the show and for it to become hate would be a shame and Burrell would win if that happens

3. aura

July 28, 2013 at 11:29 pm

I don’t like the new vampires, the vamp camp is taking too long and please let the rest of the pack be killed already. Sookie is detached from the rest ,she doesn’t seem to care for Eric or anyone but herself.She also seem tired and angry all the time . I like the idea of Eric’s killing spree .

4. Phoenison

July 29, 2013 at 12:09 am

I really have to agree here… Haha. Really, though. I see Sookie as this angry, detached female lately. I keep having to remind myself that she is the main character. It reminds me of Mulder right before he went M.I.A. on X-Files for like 2 seasons. Yeah. Hmm.

5. blomman

July 29, 2013 at 7:00 am

Three eps lesft ?? bummer , wanted the usoual 12 . Okey knowing christian Sookie all bet she rather have a goo with Bill and Eric . Now when she more and more seem to begin to see who warllow is all bet she fellls she was wrong about him . The fun part is why the vampires need to be able to walk in the sun , when they can destroy the hole Place right ?! Still cant wait !!

6. Sam

July 29, 2013 at 8:53 am

Looks like Eric feeds off A.B.C.D because at 0:24 she has fang marks. Eric has lost it and in now in Viking mode. Bill was useless! Eric brings Nora in with a virus, Bill just happens to have this genius scientist locked up down stairs and he doesn’t think to get him!! (I hope Bill is at least giving the guy food and water)
    If the vamp pop are counting on Bill saving the day they are all going to end up dead from Hep V.

• Vampiremaniac

July 29, 2013 at 10:50 am

Hahahaha! You are so right! He has a scientist downstairs and didn’t even think to call him. Of course, if there is a cure for HepV it would take years to develop an Nora died in 1 day, but…

• jesse

July 29, 2013 at 3:18 pm

I am unsure if he is the right kind of scientist. I don’t think the guy studied viruses and such. He struck me as more of a molecular engineer.

Now if they had the cure and needed more made then he would fit the bill.

• Anja R

July 29, 2013 at 5:31 pm

You sound smart

• Buckspa

July 30, 2013 at 9:53 pm

Actually…for what its worth…molecular engineering is a method used in most forms of biological science, esp virology. He should be qualified and could theoretically develop the antiviral or vaccine for hepV. Albeit it should take 10 years or so in real world….

• Melinda

July 30, 2013 at 11:50 am

And where was the doctor who helped Sookie in season 2

7. Lori

July 29, 2013 at 12:18 pm

The fact that Eric just feeds from Andys daughter and doesn’t kill her gives me hope that he’ll eventually heed Nora and allow Pam/Willa to walk with him. The Newlins had better watch out for the Viking though.

I really like James and Willa so I hope they both stick around.

Urgh Warlow and Sookie is just awful, she sleeps with him when she’s feeling so low and now he’s blackmailing her. The sex was so distant, no intimacy and lying in the grave afterwards, foreshadow that Warlow isn’t going to take no for an answer.

8. Anja R

July 29, 2013 at 4:39 pm

Leave Andy’s daughter alone!! I knew that was Eric biting her after! What was she doing out at night anyways?

I hope Sookie lets Warlow turn her, she needs all the protection she can get – and to be a vampire-fairy in a relationship with the oldest vampire-fairy of the show would definitely improve her safety. And she could finally take more control of her life, not as helpless against the various villians of the series.

It sucks that Eric lost Nora – but I didn’t entirely feel their connection. I SEE that he cares about her…but I never entirely bought it for some reason. On another note, the fact that he can so quickly act like he has no interest in Sookie makes it seem as though he’s not really invested in her/ it’s not an “epic” romance.

There have been a few times now (even after she and Bill had broken up and he was exposed as a liar) that Bill shows more concern for her well-being than Eric (such as at the end of season 4/ beginning of season 5, when they sense that Sookie is in danger, and Bill is concerned while Eric says “Fuck Sookie!” Maybe he was just angry at her for not committing to him, but still…he seems like he can take her or leave her.

Then again….I’m liking her with Warlow SOOO much, and love how committed he is to getting her to be with him – I’ve jumped from Team Eric/Sookie to Warlow/Sookie!

• esw45

July 29, 2013 at 11:32 pm

Anja ….Warlow will turn on her very soon because she will say no…he is unhinged at best with mo chemistry with Sookie…I am sorry you were an Eric/Sookie fan where Eric loves her unconditionally where he lets her live her life with barging into her life where Warlow is blackmailing her to help her ….so he doesn’t even know what love is because you don’t blackmail or gives ultimatums to someone you claim to love… Warlow and Sookie is a sick little tryst

• Lori

July 30, 2013 at 9:52 am

Exactly! Eric respects her choices, no way Warlow is going leave Sookie alone even if that’s what she wants.

• Anja R

July 30, 2013 at 6:27 pm

I don’t know….people in love do crazy things sometimes lol. I can imagine that if Warlow has been waiting thousands/ hundreds of years for someone, that he’ll naturally be pretty determined to be with her and have built her up in his mind. I don’t think that he would hurt her though. He even listened to her and spared the life of Lafayette (who was tortured by Eric, and only released in exchange for her mind-reading skills…a long time ago I know, but still).

I agree Eric loves Sookie – but he’ll also use her when he has to (like forceably drinking from her to trick Russell Edgington into to walking outside in daylight). Not saying Eric is a bad guy at all…Just that he doesn’t seem as devoted as Warlow.

9. tanya

July 30, 2013 at 7:53 am

Well Warlow is crazy… but he is also Nial’s father.He spared him when he slaughtered his village- he had been away for awhile and remember he left a pregnant wife.I wonder if Nial is the one to have backed the push against vampires when the authority lost their minds. Three eps left and I want to see if Warlow and Nial have the ultimate fight… if Nial can free himself that is!

July 30, 2013 at 9:35 am

Warlow is not Niall’s father.

July 30, 2013 at 11:47 am

That was a random villager, not Warlow’s wife. You see her with her husband after Warlow greets her and walks away.

10. VAMPHO

July 31, 2013 at 3:59 am

I am kinda confused. Why are the vamps so surprised about HEP V? They talked about it in Season 1 when Bill’s former nestmates showed up. One of the dudes they were drinking purposely exposed them to HEP V and Sookie heard and repeated his thoughts. That is the only time it was discussed until now. IJS

• Madeleine

July 31, 2013 at 11:24 am

That was HEP D, weakened them but wasn’t deadly.

• r&bmom

August 4, 2013 at 6:10 am

I was thinking the exact same thing. I was surprised when Pam knew nothing of the virus. I thought the human consort in Season 1 had Hep V – didn’t realize there was such a thing as Hep D as well.