SPOILERS: Descriptions for True Blood Episodes 7.07 & 7.08

HBO released the descriptions for True Blood episodes 7.07 & 7.08 today, giving us a lot to speculate about!

Episode #77: “May Be the Last Time”
Debut: SUNDAY, AUG. 3 (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET/PT)

Eric (Alexander Skarsgård), Pam (Kristin Bauer van Straten) and Mr. Gus (Will Yun Lee) close in on Sarah (Anna Camp) in Dallas. Adilyn (Bailey Noble) and Wade (Noah Matthews) find a temporary haven, and unexpected hospitality. Refusing to accept the inevitable, a desperate Sookie (Anna Paquin) turns to unexpected resources in search of a miracle. Bill (Stephen Moyer) recalls the inexorable forces that led him to his marriage 170 years earlier. A familiar face resurfaces in Bon Temps. Sam (Sam Trammell) faces a quandary. Written by Craig Chester; directed by Simon Jayes.

Episode #78: “Almost Home”
Debut: SUNDAY, AUG. 10 (9:00-10:00 p.m.)

With his prey in sight, Eric reconsiders his end-game strategies against Sarah. Sookie puts her life at risk in hopes of saving Bill. Lettie Mae (Adina Porter) and Lafayette (Nelsan Ellis) urge Reverend Daniels (Gregg Daniel) to join them in their V-fueled search for Tara (Rutina Wesley). Violet (Karolina Wydra) eyes payback against those who betrayed her, while an old love is reborn for others. Written by Kate Barnow; directed by Jesse Warn.

First, for those convinced that Eric wasn’t in later episodes because Alexander Skarsgard wrapped his scenes early, rest easy. As we said many times, the production schedule was altered to accommodate the need for him to go to London and start working on Tarzan in June. He and Pam are going to find Sarah Newlin, and the result isn’t going to be pretty.

Now let’s look at some specifics:

“Refusing to accept the inevitable, a desperate Sookie (Anna Paquin) turns to unexpected resources in search of a miracle.” – NIALL!

“Bill (Stephen Moyer) recalls the inexorable forces that led him to his marriage 170 years earlier.” – That’s an odd sentence. If Caroline was the love of Bill’s life as he said in an earlier flashback, then what “inexorable forces” impacted them marrying? Has he always been influenced by the supernatural/paranormal?

“Sam (Sam Trammell) faces a quandary.” – Sam isn’t mentioned in the 7.08 synopsis. I’m a teensy bit worried, but even if he does leave with Nicole in 7.07, he’ll be back.

“Violet (Karolina Wydra) eyes payback against those who betrayed her” – I’m worried about Jason.

“A familiar face resurfaces in Bon Temps.” + “…while an old love is reborn for others.” – HOYT! Hoyt and Jessica!

What do you get out of these descriptions? Post your speculations below.

1. Brandon W

July 29, 2014 at 2:54 pm

I honestly hope Hoyt doesn’t just end up back with Jess. I honestly would love if Hoyt and Jason restarted their relationship. Jason Talked about never having a first love and throughout the years we have gotten hints to say he could be gay plus he sleeps around with every girl but hasn’t ever loved one?? sounds like confusion and denial. Besides I can’t think of a better way for Jason’s story to wrap up. I’m so afraid they will be bringing Crystal back with Jason’s child or something crazy. I’d much rather have a Joyt reunion than that. Besides Jessica ended up making Hoyt look pathetic crazy and stupid. I prefer seasons 1-3 Hoyt who was overly nice and honest but was open minded as well. Plus also a vamp killed his mama. I think he wont go there for that reason alone! Even if they just became friends that would be fine. Not everyone finds their soulmate.

• candice

August 1, 2014 at 12:39 pm

I have seen no evidence that Jason is g ay. Confusion and denial of many things doesnt nec mean you are g ay. His p romiscuity is a symptom of underlying emotional dysfunction, they touched on it a bit with the teacher a few seasons ago, not enough imo.
      I disagree that Hoyt looked pathetic, crazy, and stupid. Crazy from a broken heart, maybe, but not pathetic or stupid. He couldnt deal with the betrayal of his gf or bf, he was a man with a broken heart. A Hoyt/Jessica get together would be too tidy, hope that doesnt happen.

August 1, 2014 at 2:07 pm

Agreed. Jason revealed why he’s promiscuous in episode 5.03: a teacher molested him when he was a teenager.

Hoyt is soft-hearted. His girlfriend sleeping with is best friend left him heartbroken on two levels, and he couldn’t cope with the pain. I’m very curious to see how his reunion with Jessica plays out this week.

2. Jennifer

July 29, 2014 at 8:12 pm

I’m not gonna lie, I’m worried for Eric. I feel like if all the vamps don’t die in the end, that at least he will. I sincerely hope this isn’t how his story ends. I don’t foresee any kind of Sookie and Eric relationship, but I would still like for him to have his own happy ending; not to mention that it would destroy Pam! I am very scared for Jessica, Jason, and Adilyn…Violet is cray cray! This last season is giving me anxiety!

3. Laney

July 29, 2014 at 8:28 pm

I don’t think any more of the central characters are going to die even though it seems like it now. Mainly because of a comment I read. B. Buckner said that the characters are all going to land in a place viewers will be ok with. Most of us would definitely not be ok with anymore deaths so I am hopeful everyone will make it out alive. I am looking forward to seeing how Niall fits into everything that’s happening.I have to wonder about a comment Anna Paquin made to Larry King. He asked her about a True Blood movie and she replied by saying she didn’t know where a movie could go based on how the series ends.

• Angela

July 30, 2014 at 8:53 am

You mean what he’s OK with. I still think that the spoilers from YouTube are true…so I’m definitely not ok with it. I’m just going to fast forward everything except for the eric and pam scene. RIP eric…Bill will finally get a HEA with sookie and all the boring flashbacks will be over soon (thank goodness).

July 30, 2014 at 12:56 pm

I think it’s time to retire this line of commenting, Angela. Everyone knows you’re unhappy with this season and only watch it for Eric and Pam. Let’s move on, OK? Thanks.

• Angela

August 1, 2014 at 4:34 pm

Well, excuse me for expressing my point of view…Anyways, the person who posted the spoilers was present during the table-readings. Besides, he/she posted them before comic con and so far everything has been true. It’s not that I hate true-blood. I just don’t agree with some of the story lines. But I am curious as to why eric would want to talk to sookie at bill’s house. Is he going to help bill or what?

August 1, 2014 at 5:05 pm

We are fine with expressing a point of view, but we prefer not to have the same thing repeated ad nauseum.

“But I am curious as to why eric would want to talk to sookie at bill’s house. Is he going to help bill or what?”
            If that spoiler is true, then Eric probably wants to talk to Sookie and she happens to be at Bill’s house at the time.

• Debbie

July 31, 2014 at 8:42 pm

Hmmm, I’m not sure what you read on youtube but to me it seems way more likely Eric will heal. I still don’t think Sookie and Bill will have the hea. Just seems unlikely they would give that away so soon. All we can do is wait and see and enjoy the rest of the ride!

July 31, 2014 at 8:54 pm

Someone claiming to have been part of the production staff posted “spoilers” on YouTube a couple of weeks ago. This person also said they were only on set through episode 7 (airing Sunday), so anything they posted should be taken with a pound of salt.

• candice

August 1, 2014 at 12:41 pm

Whats an HEA?

August 1, 2014 at 2:04 pm

HEA = Happily Ever After

• candice

August 1, 2014 at 2:45 pm

Ah, thank you, that makes sense. I dont think Bill and Sookie will have a HEA, the previews are hinting at it too much. Or is this just HBO messing with our minds again? Theyre quite good at that.

• Angela

August 1, 2014 at 9:30 pm

Perhaps someone told eric about bill…So he goes to visit him and finds sookie answering the door. Also,it seems like he talks to her two times …One where she’s wearing a dress and the 2nd time she’s wearing bill’s robe. Anyways, I think Eric’s dilemma would be whether he should kill Sarah. JMO

• esw45

August 2, 2014 at 12:29 am

Angela, I think Eric sees Sookie first time with her wearing the robe at Bill’s and the second time Eric is talking to her wearing a dress and I think his dilemma is Sookie and Pam will be captured by Mr. Gus just like Pam and Sylvie was in 1986

4. Lauren

July 29, 2014 at 8:31 pm

Bill also told Sookie she was the love of his life at the end of season 4. I don’t know what is going to happen. Eric is my favorite so I just want a good ending for him. And Pam. And Jessica. And Jason too. 🙂

5. Ambie

July 30, 2014 at 5:33 pm

I hope to see more Willa. There is no mention of her?

6. shelia cutts

July 30, 2014 at 6:12 pm

Seeing lots of spoilers out there! Hope they dont go out in left field with the ending ! Not expecting fairy tale ending ! Nobody left , everyone goes down &out ! No SOOKIE VERSE! ALSO ! SEEING LOTS OF PROMOTIONAL POSTERS OUT THERE !! FOR OTHERE SHOWS ! (THEY HAVE TAKEN A CLUE FROM OUR TRUEBLOOD/ANNA PAQUIN /SOOKIE ! PROMO POSTERS! ) THEY CAN’T TOUCH OURS (TRUEBLOOD !) OURS CONVEYS ! SOOKIES ‘S DISPARE! HEART BREAK ! PAIN OF THE END !

7. shelia cutts

July 30, 2014 at 6:15 pm

Did anyone else catch the interview with ANNA! THAT SHE COMMENTED ! THAT HER LAST FILMMING WAS AT A CHURCH ! BETWEEN 2AM AND 5AM ? SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!! CAUTION! !!!!!!!!

8. shelia cutts

July 30, 2014 at 6:22 pm

Could that mean , a wedding, a funeral! Bill is just resined to death! Maybe it’s because he loves sookie , but thinking, he isn’t , good 4 her ! And feeling are he has lost again ! You know what they say, better to love &lost , than never loved at all !

9. Ambie

July 30, 2014 at 6:50 pm

I think it might be Holly and Andy’s wedding. And it is at night so vampires and humans can both come but I’m optimistic:-)