SPOILERS: Advance Look at “Almost Home”

One of the writers at SpoilerTV had a chance to screen True Blood episode 7.08, “Almost Home”, in advance, and wrote up a post about what to expect in the episode. He does a good job of not giving away too much, while giving us enough information to make us want more.

WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD!

I had the privilege to watch “Almost Home”, and it’s really a wonderful episode, resolving some minor storylines and starting to establish new ones for the final episodes. Here’s a list of what you can expect from it:

• Lots of Bill and Sookie talking. He is sick, it’s her fault but they used to be everything for each other, so they will spend some time speaking about their relationship and their feelings. It will be more interesting than we could imagine.
  • Some digging ! Remember last week Lafayette and Lettie Mae were digging up in a yard, and it was super weird. In “Almost Home”, we will finally understand why they’re doing that. And no, they are not digging graves. They’re looking for something.
  • Sookie will get a visit from a familiar face, bringing some good news. At last, she really needs it during this awful time. And also last week, Sookie questioned the advantages of being a fairy, well I think she would find at least two good ones in this episode.
  • Hoyt will make a surprising revelation about his future. Maybe it’s because his mother just died but I really didn’t expected that from him. Of course, Bridget will be the most surprised.
  • Bill will have a terrible vision/dream about Sookie. It’s quite scary actually.
  • Violet’s plan to get her revenge on Jessica and Jason will come to play and it will be perfect. It will be pure Violet, so expect craziness. She is a cruel and cold psychopath, but she is fun and also touching in a way. I’m a big fan of her, and her plan is marvelous. I can’t say more about it but it sure is deadly.
  • Someone unexpected will drink some vampire blood.
  • Queen Sophie-Anne will be mentioned (it’s been such a long time !) and what she had planned for Sookie will be finally revealed !
  • Eric, Pam and the Yakuzas are getting closer to Sarah, but the bitch always seems to find a way to run and a place to hide… However, this mouse and cat game can’t last forever. And actually, the real deal is what Eric really wants to do with Sarah and what the Yakuza really wants to do with her as well… If they get her of course.
  • Tara will be back ! I really missed her this season. I don’t think I’ll get over her death. Anyways, for once she’ll have more than one scene.

Who is the familiar face who visits Sookie? Is it Gran? I hope it’s Gran!

What do you think Hoyt’s “surprising revelation about his future” is? Several of you have been speculating that he’ll turn vampire, and I have to say, that seems likely.

Sophie-Anne’s plan!

Sarah’s time runs out in this episode, but how Eric handles it may come as a surprise.

1. samantha

August 9, 2014 at 12:33 pm

Oh my gosh. Its going to be sooooo good. I can’t wait.

2. T

August 9, 2014 at 1:21 pm

Hmm wonder if Eric’s plan for Sarah will be turning her into a vampire. I hope not, but as long as he gets the cure and can live happily ever after with Pam and Willa then I’m happy.

3. Laney

August 9, 2014 at 7:10 pm

I think Hoyt’s big reveal is what we saw in the preview. He doesn’t want kids.
    I hope Sookie gets a visit from Gran but I think (a bit wishfully) that it may be Eric. In photos or maybe it was in a preview for Sunday’s episode, Sookie was standing bedside talking to Bill then there was a shot of the scene where Eric is telling her that he has only cared for a small group of peopleI in 1000 yrs and she is one of those ect..She is wearing the same shirt as when standing by Bills bedside so Im guessing this will be tomorrow night.
    Crossing my fingers that the digging in the yard will turn up the cluviel dor!
    Lastly, U think the unexpected person drinking vampire blood is Reverend Daniels.

• Angela

August 10, 2014 at 11:47 am

To say that sookie is going to get a visit from a familiar face is offensive if it’s referring to eric. It’s like he has never seen sookie until this upcoming episode… So I hope it’s her grandma or some other ghost…like alcede. Now that wwould be priceless! 😉

• Laney

August 10, 2014 at 2:30 pm

Let’s break this down. You are offended by the words “familiar face” in reference to Eric and yet Sookie knows Eric so if he visits her he is certainly familiar to her. So that would make him a familiar face. Not sure what the problem is Angela. Except everyone who visits this site knows you hate everything Except Eric and Pam so maybe you should only watch when it comes out on demand then you can watch only Eric and Pam. No offense.

• Angela

August 10, 2014 at 4:06 pm

Woownow calm down.I’m saying that eric shouldn’t be considered a “familiar face” because it sounds more like it’s someone she hasn’t seen for a long time…why didn’t they say she’ll get a visit from a familiar face when eric went to bill’s house… And so what if I don’t like the main characters bill/sookie. Should I stop watching it because of that? Arlene is becoming one of my favorites. And yea, I watch it on HBOGO to forward all the love stuff. Especially from the recent episode, that was disturbing…No offense. Anyways,sookie should stay in bill’s house where they can talk as much as they want without being bothered. They will be more inseparable and loving and all that stuff you may like (it will be easier to fast forward). Plus I want to watch this now so I can cancel my hbo subscription. So I’m going to stick around till the end. BTW, it’s probably going to be granny,but I just wish it was alcede.

• Rina

August 10, 2014 at 6:28 pm

The term “familiar face” can refer to anyone who resurfaces in Sookie’s life. It’s not an offensive term regardless of how long that person had been gone. Sometimes, reviewers forget that only a few days passed on the show, while it’s been months for us.

• Laney

August 10, 2014 at 6:58 pm

I get what you are trying to say but I think the term “familiar face” has no meaning. It is terminology that is used only so that the person in question isn’t given away ahead of time. It’s meant to keep us guessing and that’s all. It isn’t a statement about what whoever it winds up being means to Sookie. Just my opinion.

• Sarah

August 10, 2014 at 2:27 pm

I love Gran too, Laney. And I understand the powers that be have made it clear that the “end game” is about Bill and Sookie. But being an Eric fan, I would like just one more scene between the two of them before this is over. Their relationship is a big part of the books and the series on HBO.

• Laney

August 10, 2014 at 2:35 pm

I agree Sarah and that’s why I hope the visit in question refers to Eric.

• Ana

August 14, 2014 at 10:02 am

Oh yeah me too i will love that …im sorry im new here

4. andrea

August 9, 2014 at 7:38 pm

We already saw Sarah Newlin ending up in Eric’s basement at Fangtasia in the preview. Which means that the japaneses accept to leave her under his custody ? Quite a risk … What is he going to do with her ? Keeping her alive for more blood samples?
    The big question remains: will he share the cure with Bill ? I’m not even certain that he knows that Bill is infected meanwhile. When they last met, he was’nt if my memory is right. Sookie is going to break the news to him and also discover that Eric is not infected anymore.Will he lie about it or will he agree to share the cure secret with her ??

5. Angela

August 9, 2014 at 11:16 pm

Ugh! more sookie/bill love talk. Their story line is so LAME!!. I know this season is going back to sookie/bill…but DAAAMN lets freaking change it up a bit. Where is the argument? Where is the change of emotion? Wasn’t the previous episode enough? I practically had to forward most of it (THE most disturbing scene from this season.JMO) And FYI, I don’t only want to see pam and eric. I’m starting to like Arlene more than sookie, jessica, and bill COMBINED. Because at least Arlene’s character is showing some growth. so plz tell me this bill/sookie talk isn’t true. I’ts to much wash, rinse, repeat for me.

• posh

August 10, 2014 at 6:38 am

Well all you can do is research who the writers/directors are on the show and don’t watch anymore programming that they are involed in. I understand you’re frustation but look at it like this, If you could sit down and watch the whole season at one time and not have to worry about waiting a week between shows you might be a bit less frustrated.

6. Angela

August 9, 2014 at 11:19 pm

*fast* forward.

7. Sarah

August 10, 2014 at 2:33 pm

I agree with Angela. I’m a little bored of the Grandpa Bill/Sookie chatter. What more can Bill and Sookie talk about???? Sookie saw Eric for about two minutes in their reunion episode this current season (I think it was three?) and that conversation had more chemistry than Bill and Sookie in the last entire series.

• posh

August 10, 2014 at 3:14 pm

AMEN Sarah.

8. Angela

August 10, 2014 at 4:27 pm

Exactly. .but for eric to visit sookie and find her in bill’s robe…that’s throwing cold water to eric. Why don’t they let her do her own thing and stay with bill. Let eric do his own thing and forget about sookie. ANY WAYS, I can’t wait to see more of arlene..is she going to truly hookup with Keith because Daaamn he’s HOT!! She already got the green light from terry. BE HAPPY ARLENE!