The Official True Blood Support Group

WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!

It’s the end of an era. After seven seasons, True Blood has aired its final episode. Sookie is happy, married to someone we don’t know but she clearly loves, pregnant with her first child. Bill met the true death and reunited with his human family. Eric and Pam are off becoming billionaires thanks to New Blood. Jason is happily married to Brigette with three kids. Jessica and Hoyt are married. Lafayette finally got his happy ending with James. Tara has been laid to rest. Arlene found happiness with Keith. Andy and Holly have started their new life together. Sam is happy with Nicole and has two children. Even Jane Bodehouse looks happy (and sober).

Most of us have been moving through the five stages of grief for the last week or more. Maybe you’re all the way to acceptance, maybe you’re still on denial. Maybe you just want to reminisce with fellow Truebies. This is the place to do that.

By the way, stage 2 is “Anger” and stage 4 is “Depression”. Just sayin’. ;)

Please remember to be courteous to each other. This is an emotional time for all of us, and this is a place of support.

P.S. Don’t forget to participate in our annual Fan Survey!

1. Mischa

August 25, 2014 at 11:54 am

I did like the Finale, I am however underwhelmed by this season. I think most die-hard True Blood fans will be in agreement that it was lacking heavily in it’s previous action packed seasons. I can’t forgive how Tara was killed off, nor Alcide.

Nevertheless, it was an ‘ok’ Finale. I am just glad Sookie is finally happy, peaceful. I knew she would never end up with Eric, and I never had good vibes for her and Bill, yes it was true love, but it was very incompatible due many things. I was disappointed not to get anything from Lafayette, and I do wish they had Eric, watching over Sookie and her new family (even if it is from afar).

But what I feel cheated out of, is before Bill died, him saying he didn’t know what came next. I really wished they Bill and his family been shown going into the afterlife all together. That was my only wish really from this Finale, I believed Bill deserved it.

• Natalie

August 26, 2014 at 7:22 am

I was thinking the same thing. We saw that there IS something after death for vampires because of the Tara story, so it would have been nice to see Bill reunite with his human family.

• Mischa

August 26, 2014 at 4:09 pm

I know! It’s the only thing about the finale that I think should have been added, I hope possibly on the DVD they will add extra scenes, because I really feel the finale could have done with having Bill being reunited with his family, to at least console us who watch the show, and after what he said to Sookie in the grave; about not knowing what comes after this. I felt it was was actually essential to have a scene with Bill and his family after the whole season having contributing flashbacks and him being sick.

2. Tracy

August 25, 2014 at 3:53 pm

I was disappointed in the season as a whole – hated that they killed Tara and abruptly shipped Sam off to Chicago – but the finale was decent. The big spoiler of Bill turning human wasn’t true, and that made it watchable. I could not have stomached that. Eric didn’t die and got all that he lost back and more, except forthe girl. Pam lived and was in her element. Sookie was finally free of her Bill fixation, though I’d have preferred she’d been able to do it without him dying. That would have been so much more satisfying. I am totally fine with not knowing who her new guy is. Gives us a sense of normalcy for her. She needs it. LOL. And if it couldn’t be Sam I hope it’s another supe. It is in my mind, anyway. 🙂

3. Crystal

August 25, 2014 at 4:07 pm

I was ok with this episode and season overall. i don’t have too many complaints. The only beef i have is that they killed off Bill. I didn’t want it to happen. He didn’t have to end up with Sookie imo, he could have taken the cure and moved on…but whatever. I literally cried out and burst into tears when they pushed the stake in together. Seeing him die…again was brutal! Love this show, i will miss it!

4. Mara

August 25, 2014 at 7:50 pm

I must be in stage 4 then. I cried last night so hard that my damn eyes were swollen shut this morning. I hated it but loved it. I’m not sure why either.

• Rose

August 25, 2014 at 7:54 pm

I did the same thing! Thought I was alone. Clearly I am among friends.

• Natalie

August 26, 2014 at 7:26 am

I’m in the same boat, ladies. I feel lost. When the episode was over I yelled out “WHAT?!” because I was so outraged at what happened, but now that I’ve had some time to process things I’ve calmed down a little…just a little…

August 26, 2014 at 10:35 am

It’ll get better, we promise!

5. Georgean

August 27, 2014 at 8:22 am

I liked season 7 and the finale. While the excitement was less than other seasons it reminded me of what I loved from the first 4 seasons and wrapping up the story lines did bring me closure even if I didn’t totally agree with the writer’s choices. I’m likely alone in this feeling, but I wanted to see Bill find the true death. No offense to the Bill fans, but I always felt Eric’s love for Sookie was genuine, but you could tell from her on-screen comments to Eric and the real life marriage to Moyer that the relationship never had a chance. Knowing that most lived, moved on and were successful or happy is allowing me to let go of those characters I had invested in so dearly over 7 seasons. I will miss TB, being able to stare at Alex(Eric), Pam’s sarcastic wit, the humor in so many scenes, Jason-ism’s, LaLa of course, and just the sheer imagination this series brought to us all. True Blood will never be forgotten!!

6. Tanya

August 27, 2014 at 4:07 pm

I’m not a fan of the books at all and I can’t believe I’m going to say this but the book ending didn’t suck anywhere near as bad as this travesty Mr. Buckner subjected us to.

I’m not sure what the writers were trying to say but the ending was beyond ridiculous and highly insulting.

If the writers just had to kill Bill it would have made more sense to do that before the cure was found. But there wasn’t a reason for him to die.

Although I don’t see the need. Sure, he was in pain and suffering and that explains why he wanted to die. Because of the pain. But there was a cure. Look at it this way what cancer(or any disease) patient would refuse a cure? I watched both my parents die from that disease and I can tell you that by the end both of them were ready to go but I can also say without a doubt if a cure had been found they would have fought tooth and nail for it.

Sookie hears how much Bill loves her, hears how much pain he’s in and instead of figuring out a way to get the cure in him any way she can she kills him instead? The vampire that she loved from first sight? Yeah, that made a lot of sense… Not. You fight for the ones you love.

It doesn’t make any sense and no matter how Mr. Buckner tries to spin it the ending will still suck. He and the writers made a huge mistake and there is no way for them to correct it.

In no way shape or form did Bill get his HEA. In the season 4 Episode When I die Bill told Sookie: “You’re the love of my life.” He didn’t say other than my late wife but just that Sookie was the love of his life. Which means bar none.

Even the death of Alcide wasn’t needed. Joe(I’m sorry I can’t spell his last name) said in an interview that Alcide had to die so the fairy could get her vampire. Well, that didn’t happen so if Sookie wasn’t going to get Bill there was no need for Alcide to die.

Bill didn’t have to get Sookie but there was no need for Bill to die either.

But I guess the Bill fans should be used to getting blindsided. It happened in the books but now Mr. Buckner took it to a whole new level.

I get that the writers couldn’t please everyone but the only people made happy by this ending are a lot of the Eric (or Eric/Sookie) fans. I know because I’ve seen their posts. How would they have felt if it had been Eric who had died instead?

August 27, 2014 at 5:52 pm

Bill wanted to die because, like Godric, he no longer wanted to be a vampire. We’ve been told that and shown that for seven seasons.

• Tanya

August 27, 2014 at 7:21 pm

I have to respectively disagree with you.

I’ve watched the episodes numerous times and I don’t remember ever being told/shown that Bill wanted to die until this past episode.

“Sookie… I cannot and I will not lose you. For all the ways I have dismayed, aggrieved or failed you, I swear I will atone. But I am not sorry. I refuse to apologize for what you have awakened in me. You, you are my miracle, Sookie. For the first time in a hundred and forty years, I felt something I thought had been lost to me forever… I love you. And for that, I shall never feel sorry!” Bill Compton(True Blood)

“I have never loved, nor will I ever love as I have loved you.” Bill Compton to Sookie Stackhouse(True Blood)

He may not have been happy the way he was turned into a vampire but by the time he and Sookie fell in love it didn’t sound to me as if he wanted to die. If he did there were plenty of times for him to die over the seasons if that was what he wanted. And I don’t believe it was.

August 27, 2014 at 9:15 pm

That’s what all the flashbacks were about this season, showing us who he was before he was turned and how much he missed being that person and being with his human family. In previous seasons, he’s talked about hating who he became, dreading turning into a monster, hating being a monster, etc., etc. No matter how much he loved Sookie, it wasn’t enough to overcome how much he hated being a vampire. I think if you rewatch the series knowing Bill’s ultimate fate, you’ll see it plainly.

7. Tanya

August 27, 2014 at 9:36 pm

It would have been different if that was shown over the course of the show but it wasn’t.

Again I point to this quote by Bill. “I have never loved, nor will I ever love as I have loved you.” Sookie not his human wife was the love of his life. It doesn’t make any sense for Bill to want to die. Eric was right it was the depression brought on by the disease.

Mr. Buckner and the writers should have watched the show from the beginning before deciding on an ending. Maybe, just maybe they would have come up with one that made more sense.

I’m sorry but I don’t buy that at all. There were so many chances for Bill to end his life if he was that miserable being a vampire but he didn’t. So many chances for him to die but he chose to live as a vampire.

I thought an episode of the show couldn’t get any more ridiculous than the snowflake/shower/having sex in the snow scene between Eric and Sookie. I stand corrected.

This is one season I will never rewatch again.

August 27, 2014 at 9:58 pm

OK, I can see that you didn’t pick up on Bill’s unhappiness over the years, so his ending didn’t make sense to you. That’s valid.

• Tanya

August 28, 2014 at 5:43 am

That’s because his ‘unhappiness’ wasn’t shown to anyone until the last season. Unless you’re counting when he and Sookie broke up.

The only ones who believe Bill’s ending made sense are the rabid Eric and Eric/Sookie fans. And if you require proof check out Tumblr. I have never seen so much glee for something in all my life.

Heck Alcide’s death didn’t make sense. The whole thing with Tara didn’t make sense.

Turning Eric into a snake oil salesman didn’t make sense.

I can’t think of a single part of the ending that made sense.

August 28, 2014 at 12:48 pm

I’m sorry Tanya, but as a Bill fan (and Eric fan) I was completely satisfied with the way they told his ending, so I have to take exception to the way you are generalizing all Bill fans. After reading through your arguments here, it feels to me as though nothing that we or anyone else can say will “make sense” to you. You can’t see past your anger, and I get that. I’ve been angry with some show’s endings as well, so I get how you’re feeling. But I also think that your anger is hindering you from choosing to see any other view but your own. And since this is a support group, hopefully in time, you’ll be able to watch the series again with a more open mind, after you’ve moved on to something else.

August 28, 2014 at 12:39 pm

“Mr. Buckner and the writers should have watched the show from the beginning before deciding on an ending. ”
      Um well, Brian Buckner has been with the show and Alan Ball since season 1, as has most of the staff, so there is that.

• Tracy

August 29, 2014 at 10:29 pm

I’m an Eric fan and I have to agree that Bill didn’t have to die. Or at least, Sookie didn’t have to kill him. I can see Bill WANTING to die. But using Sookie to do it seemed not very thought out to say the least, and a cheap attempt to drag emotion out of a scene that didn’t need it, for the Bill fans out there. Just having him die was awful enough for you guys – having Sookie do it seemed especially cruel. I can see how Bill fans feel like they got the rug snatched from under them. So now both fandoms have had that experience. One from the Maker and one from TB. LOL Now we all get to move on. Hopefully. 😉

8. Andi

August 31, 2014 at 8:21 pm

I’ve been crying all week. Cried for 3 hours straight after the finale, and I’m just randomly crying about stupid little things for a week now. I’m not ok, is this seriously over a tv show?

• Mary

September 1, 2014 at 11:05 pm

I’ve cried and have been rewatching the series. I have never had a reaction to a show before like this. Your not alone in your sorrow.