Dear Marnie, or Sybil, or Two-Face…

Yes folks, we’re back with our letters to the characters of True Blood, written in an attempt to work out the plots, people and problems of season 4. Disclaimer: No one in Bon Temps, Shreveport, or anywhere else we travel to this season, is exempt from my poison pen.

Dear Marnie,

Or whoever you are. Uh, were you aware that when agitated you seem to take on a whole new look altogether? I mean, is it possible that you have an evil twin that’s trying to take over your life? You seem a bit confused at times of high stress, not really knowing even what language to speak. By the way, about that, you may want to research a bit more if you’re going to take on Latin, it might be wise to know exactly what you’re saying. Did you see the look on Eric’s face? Clearly he was a tad offended. But whatever you said to him, it worked because I’ve never seen Eric Northman run from anyone.

Speaking of Eric, girl, what were you thinking?! Did you actually believe you could strike a deal with a thousand year old viking vampire? Perhaps you didn’t know who Eric was? Good thing Tara stepped in when she did because you were on your way to becoming Northman Wiccan Slurpy, sans the straw.

There seems to be a lot we don’t yet know about you, Marnie. I’m sure that will change as the stories unfold, but until then, may I offer a little advise? If I were you, I’d start hanging with some people who were able to overcome their  split personality issues. Just pick anyone from Bon Temps! After what they went through during the Maenad’s reign, I”m sure any one of them could offer some friendly tips.

Seeing Double in the Midwest,

Liz

1. PAW

July 4, 2011 at 12:47 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHA The woman is high! Maybe on V. :))))))

2. AJ

July 4, 2011 at 4:09 pm

Let’s clear this up. Marnie had no power without the coven being complete. It is like The Craft. When they found a natural witch they were complete. Lafayette with all his visions of stuff seemed to be the completion they needed. As soon as Marnie saw that she switched to her true motives which seem to be to wake the dead. First she wanted to raise a damn bird. Then she wanted to raise a body. What are you up to? Eric surpirsed them in the middle of their plans. He threw them off. And simply put they went from having no motive to seeing Marnie threatened and they followed like blind sheep and seemed to call a spirit forth. The spirit seemed to be young and pretty and in keeping with Eric’s past will like end up having known him in the past. In keeping with the book this will be the reason that she will desire Eric and make him lose his memory-none of which we saw in the scene in this latest episode. To end, why does Tara keep sticking her nose in other people’s business. She put herself and Eric in danger by interferring when the coven is truly now up to no good.

3. TrueEricBlood

July 4, 2011 at 4:59 pm

I think they are making Tara into a Buffy/Blade character. After what happened with her and Franklin Mott, you could surely understand why. I agree AJ: Lafayette completed the circle with the power he has.

4. Liz

July 4, 2011 at 5:20 pm

Does no one understand irony? Sheesh! LOL!

5. angelinaaaaa

July 4, 2011 at 8:13 pm

i dont want eric to change i like him dont let anythin bad happen to him he keeps oh my gosh in true blood ,
    i am so stressed need to watch the whole season asap to be un stressed,,,

6. Zuri

July 5, 2011 at 5:34 am

I have read all of the books and I think that Allan’s twist on Marnie is much more interesting than the book’s Marnie/Hallow. And seeing Eric run around confused and lost was a bit intriguing as well. I think this season will be the most dynamite with revealing more of our main characters background stories. I do agree AJ, Eric’s way with the ladies definitely could have gotten him on Hallow’s bad side like it did in the books. He rejected her that was why she cursed him and took his memory. But hey can’t blame her, as Pam so gracefully put it, “Eric does pull good string”. Now where is my I love Eric Poster..humm…brb

7. Tommy

July 5, 2011 at 5:44 am

I enjoy this show very much, and I am very glad that at long last, Eric encountere­d someone (Marnie) who stood up to him and proved that he COULDN’T control the situation and come out on top every single time. It was also, in a way, a comment on the power of faith – that in the face of certain danger – it may be the only thing one has to pull him or her through.

I have always felt that this series lacked a strong rival to the vampires to counterbal­ance them; the werewolves’ servility to Russell last season was a HUGE disappoint­ment for me. I wish there were more critters that could send overconfident vampires running for the hills-would definitely change things up and make it more interesting;)

8. Nicole L.

July 9, 2011 at 3:45 pm

Can I just say, Liz, you took the words right out of my mouth, although my letter pry wouldn’t have been very appropriate… lol ;-]